• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles is now $90 [pre-owned] at Gamestop

Got my copy of this game in pristine condition...wish I could get another for retail so I could keep it sealed and flip it later when the thirst is heaviest, but whatever.

Great game, too!

Andrew.

Banned
. Been noticing SMG2 prices going up too.

It's getting that way for a bunch of Wii titles. Go to a GS and you'll see they've resulted in selling Wii games on those small shitty racks and bargain bins right in the middle of the store.

The countdown is already going for when they'll stop selling them altogether Id imagine.

Ive been doing last minute end of gen cleanup with them recently.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there any problem with grabbing a PAL copy and homebrew modding my Wii U to play imports?

Andrew.

Banned
Is there any problem with grabbing a PAL copy and homebrew modding my Wii U to play imports?

Nope. It's what I did with Xeno and The Last Story before they got announced for a US release. Also, Disaster: Day of Crisis (because Reggie is an idiot for never releasing it here)

Its a simple, cool little process to do to your Wii and I felt like such a tech badass after I did it.

PirateKing

Am I the only one getting irritated about people owning two copies for no reason? That copy could be in the hands of someone who would love it instead of sitting on your desk top.
In my case at the time of the release I didn't have time for gaming and couldn't afford it.

rjinaz

Nope. It's what I did with Xeno and The Last Story before they got announced for a US release. Also, Disaster: Day of Crisis (because Reggie is an idiot for never releasing it here)

Its a simple, cool little process to do to your Wii and I felt like such a tech badass after I did it.

That's the exact samething I said more or less, except I then realized he said Wii U, not Wii.

Never modded anything before but modding the Wii to play Xenoblade was cake.

Darryl

Banned
Unless Nintendo does a limited print only available through Gamestop, I wouldn't worry about it.

they may do it with physical. force the physical prices up and create a strong word of mouth for the game. those newly interested customers will just buy the digital copy anyways and they'll think of it as a good value, too. who knows, i'm definitely not waiting to get my copy.

I should hug my copy every day. I literally walked into a Gamestop one morning about 4 months ago, and got a brand-new one for $49.99.

I never picked up the NA version of this. Imported the PAL one.

Wish I had stocked up on this and Metroid Prime Trilogy (at least I have one copy of that).
Am I the only one getting irritated about people owning two copies for no reason? That copy could be in the hands of someone who would love it instead of sitting on your desk top.
In my case at the time of the release I didn't have time for gaming and couldn't afford it.
I hope so. It isn't like they cheated the system. They just bought multiple copies.

after about a decade of wondering if i should pull the trigger, i finally got panzer dragoon saga last year as a gift. turns out that the $200-250 price range the game was going for just a year ago is inexpensive compared to where it is now. insanity.

wtf 400-500 dollars? ..I still have a couple in my closet

Fox Mulder

$90 sucks, but there's a bunch of powerup reward coupons you can use if you shop there a bit. The other day, I found metroid prime trilogy mint at a gamestop down the road and used a coupon to bump the $75 price down to $48.

This is 100% nintendo's fault. They sat on compelling wii games and couldn't be bothered to release them properly. Of course a retailer exclusive and no reprint will make something scarce. Xseed published Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, and both are available everywhere. They've even reprinted TLS, and have indicated they'd do it for Pandora's Tower if needed.

Thanks nintendo.

Synless

This is how I feel after having two copies of the game, one sealed.

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

same here, sucks I can't play it on my wii u
True...

Runs beautifully on Dolphin though :D
game is good, but not 90 dollars good.
I got to a snowy mountain area and stopped. It is good enough (and ambitious enough) that I am excited to see what the developers do with X but there was plenty to improve in it.

The world is beautiful but I didn't care for its lore. The characters were hard to care about too.

I don't remember the side-content being very good either. I remember mostly MMO-like collect-a-bunch quests which get old fast. I really like how Red Dead Redemption handled collectibles in that most quests (strangers) didn't use them but they were used as independent "challenges" for the player as they wen't through the game or as quick-fire type challenge in the overworld (botanist).

I liked the named monsters though. Always had fun hunting those in FFXI.

Darryl

Banned
Probably already stated in the thread, but why is this game so expensive?

highly anticipated release for years, long running fan driven marketing campaign to raise awareness, topped off with a high review score and limited unadvertised release. it's also an RPG and people will cling to those

Thank God I was smart enough to buy this bitch when it was new. Only my sister moved out and took the Wii, so now I have no means to play it. Maybe I'll get a Wii U.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I have my copy of this and Prime Trilogy. Definitely two of my most prized games.

Considered selling my PAL copy of Xenoblade but it doesn't go for anywhere near as much and I'm lazy.

And I'm glad my Wii library is about rounded out now with prices going up. Need to get Pandora's Tower at some point but that's about it.

PirateKing

What would Gamestop do if I tried to sell them my PAL copy here in the States?

Try to sell it off on eBay, I don't think Gamestop will give you much unless you want to trick them. Just wondering why you would buy the PAL version instead of your local version.

It amazes me how this game is worth so much now. I just walked into Gamestop at the end of last year and they still had a few copies lol

So glad I managed to get it and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

rjc571

Banned
I should've bought the US version. All I have is the UK version.

Why? There's nothing wrong with the PAL version.

I imported the European version too, and I'd feel like a giant asshole if I also bought a copy of the US version to keep for myself while denying somebody else the ability to play it.

Carnby

I sold my extra copy (sealed) to a friend for $130. I gave him a good deal. I threw in the preorder bonus art book in for free.

Top Bottom