• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

kunonabi

Yeah, I'm using the level 60s

I'm playing the Japanese version so the names might be a little different

21x Killer Damage. Ultimate XX
3x WP-POW XX on the Zenith Canon
3x Start. Arts-attack XX

8x ElementDmg. Physics XX
2x ElementDmg. Physics XI

Pos.Dmg High XIII
Pos.Dmg. High XII

5x Ranged Attack Drives XX on my gear.

I got it to do max damage twice. Could the cannon just be missing or something?

I'm feeling the itch to pick this back up, finish grinding the endgame skells. I've been told 3 Ares90's are enough, but I think I need to take down all those Tryants.

Game pad gets so damn heavy though.

So do you need to be online to collect the Global Menace rewards? Yggralith Zero and Telethia Plume appeared yesterday and tomorrow I'll be on a plane to a place with effectively no internet. I don't want to miss out on all those Telethia stem cells.

Also, does anyone know a better place to farm Red Vigent Scalps than the tyrant that roams around Aaroy Plain in Oblivia (Barnabas the Despot)? Using the Ares 90 ether laser on him drinks fuel like nobody's business.

thundr51

Ok just got my skell but I'm at lvl 30.(side quests ftw). So if skells don't level up with the character, how do I know what I can (safely) fight? For example, since my character is lvl 30 I know not to try and fight anything higher than 32. Is there something I'm missing for skells? I bought a lvl 30 (med) skell and bought lvl 30 weapons but should I still avoid anything 2-3 lvls above that?

Pokemaniac

Ok just got my skell but I'm at lvl 30.(side quests ftw). So if skells don't level up with the character, how do I know what I can (safely) fight? For example, since my character is lvl 30 I know not to try and fight anything higher than 32. Is there something I'm missing for skells? I bought a lvl 30 (med) skell and bought lvl 30 weapons but should I still avoid anything 2-3 lvls above that?

Skells are actually often pretty good at punching above their weight in terms of levels. Exactly how good they are depends a lot on the gear they have, though.

Vena

Size and Level determine the difficulty of an enemy.

If you are much larger than an enemy, you can probably be 10+ levels under it and stomp it with a Skell. If the enemy is much larger than you the same is true but in reverse.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
kind of having trouble figuring out what to do now that I've beaten the story. I kind of want to do all the affinity missions, but everyone outside my main squad is underleveled as fuck and I'm not looking forward to the grind

I must be equipping my skell wrong, I fought a lvl 24 cinqcula and that took about 5-7 minutes with the starting skell. It wasn't hard, just took a while.

was it a tyrant?

I must be equipping my skell wrong, I fought a lvl 24 cinqcula and that took about 5-7 minutes with the starting skell. It wasn't hard, just took a while.
Go out and kill some puges (they're the Star Wars prequel droid looking robots). They drop better skell weapons than you can buy in the shops. Look out for the G-Buster and the Phoenix. There are plenty of them that drop level 30 gear in south West Oblivia and level 50 gear in Badr Basin in North West Sylvalum

To get started though, you can buy level 30 G-busters at the shops.

thundr51

kind of having trouble figuring out what to do now that I've beaten the story. I kind of want to do all the affinity missions, but everyone outside my main squad is underleveled as fuck and I'm not looking forward to the grind

was it a tyrant?

Nope, just part of a side quest.

thundr51

Go out and kill some puges (they're the Star Wars prequel droid looking robots). They drop better skell weapons than you can buy in the shops. Look out for the G-Buster and the Phoenix. There are plenty of them that drop level 30 gear in south West Oblivia and level 50 gear in Badr Basin in North West Sylvalum

To get started though, you can buy level 30 G-busters at the shops.

My Versus came with a Gbuster, used it yesterday and WOW the damage! Will have to level up the art for it because the fuel consumption/cooldown is ridiculous. Thanks for the tips.

My Versus came with a Gbuster, used it yesterday and WOW the damage! Will have to level up the art for it because the fuel consumption/cooldown is ridiculous. Thanks for the tips.
I've got some bad news for you - arts for skells can't be leveled up. It's all gear dependent and you can only reduce cooldown/fuel consumption with augments. The most powerful arts can use thousands of units of fuel in a single use.

There are things you can do though - going into overdrive increases the chance that you'll go into cockpit mode (you get instant cooldown of all arts in cockpit mode) and binding an enemy refuels your skell while it happens.

thundr51

I've got some bad news for you - arts for skells can't be leveled up. It's all gear dependent and you can only reduce cooldown/fuel consumption with augments. The most powerful arts can use thousands of units of fuel in a single use.

There are things you can do though - going into overdrive increases the chance that you'll go into cockpit mode (you get instant cooldown of all arts in cockpit mode) and binding an enemy refuels your skell while it happens.

Good to know. Looks like I'm going to have to go grind for some skell parts. Anywhere in particular I should look?

Good to know. Looks like I'm going to have to go grind for some skell parts. Anywhere in particular I should look?
Go out and kill some robots. Puges drop strong attack weapons, Pugiliths drop armour and Oc-servs et al drop a combination of both. The spots I mentioned in Oblivia (level 30 gear) and Sylvalum's Badr Basin (level 50 gear) give you different level drops. If you want level 20 gear, hit up Primordia's Seaswept Base (south east) and for level 60 gear, try the enemy base in south east Oblivia.

The level of the enemy you're beating up determines the level of the gear you'll get.

thundr51

Go out and kill some robots. Puges drop strong attack weapons, Pugiliths drop armour and Oc-servs et al drop a combination of both. The spots I mentioned in Oblivia (level 30 gear) and Sylvalum's Badr Basin (level 50 gear) give you different level drops. If you want level 20 gear, hit up Primordia's Seaswept Base (south east) and for level 60 gear, try the enemy base in south east Oblivia.

The level of the enemy you're beating up determines the level of the gear you'll get.

Thanks, getting some good stuff so far...well, better than what the store was selling anyway.

kunonabi

Well, I got all the play awards and my stance on achievements being complete ass remains unchanged.

Anyway, next step is to find the some missing blueprints and starting grinding like crazy to craft all the special equipment. As much as I love this game I'm very ready to finally move on to something else at this point.

flyover

I've just got one segment left before I 100% the map. Unfortunately, it's
the Telethia fight
. I've tried to spec out my Ares 90 without looking at a guide, and whatever I'm doing, it's wrong, because I get my ass handed to me near the beginning of phase two every time (after having no problems in phase one)

I feel like I'm close, but just not quite doing enough damage (despite several
Ether DMG Up, Ultrafauna Slayer XX, and some Weapon Speed/Attack on the cannon
), and I seem to always die right before getting an overdrive. I have pretty much no Skell wear on my ground gear, so maybe that's an issue. I'm sure I can figure something out if I don't mind farming materials and tickets for another 30 hours, but I hope I'll find some way -- or just luck into victory -- before then!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I got back to playing this and an npc by the name of ga bewhe interrupts me entering the barracks telling me to meet their employer in the industrial district at night.

I can't find them

jonjonaug

I've just got one segment left before I 100% the map. Unfortunately, it's
the Telethia fight
. I've tried to spec out my Ares 90 without looking at a guide, and whatever I'm doing, it's wrong, because I get my ass handed to me near the beginning of phase two every time (after having no problems in phase one)

I feel like I'm close, but just not quite doing enough damage (despite several
Ether DMG Up, Ultrafauna Slayer XX, and some Weapon Speed/Attack on the cannon
), and I seem to always die right before getting an overdrive. I have pretty much no Skell wear on my ground gear, so maybe that's an issue. I'm sure I can figure something out if I don't mind farming materials and tickets for another 30 hours, but I hope I'll find some way -- or just luck into victory -- before then!

For phase two it helps to be in the air, and use some Attack.ABOVE augments if you have room for them since those are easy to make iirc.

You have invincibility frames during the two attacks with the faster cooldown. Use those when he's about to do the sleep thing to you in phase 3.

Now take a guess why I keep telling people to read the OP (or the god damn manual!) :)

We all know people just skim the OP, that's like GAF law, skim the OP but claim you've thoroughly examined it.
3 other people in this house who've played this game, not a single one realized we could use pro controllers.
Going to give it a go here.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
We all know people just skim the OP, that's like GAF law, skim the OP but claim you've thoroughly examined it.
3 other people in this house who've played this game, not a single one realized we could use pro controllers.
Going to give it a go here.
m8uFHsF.jpg

thundr51

Ok, so finally made it to level 50. Do I get the Amdusias or Verus skell first? I like the fact the Verus comes with a Gbuster but I keep hearing that to do any grinding, get the Amdusias first.

flyover

Ok, so finally made it to level 50. Do I get the Amdusias or Verus skell first? I like the fact the Verus comes with a Gbuster but I keep hearing that to do any grinding, get the Amdusias first.

Yeah, I'd get the Amdusias (though I like the Verus, too). Then, if you want some good weapons then, go to
Badr Basin, north of 406 in Sylvalum. Should be able to get a G-Buster and Phoenix from the puges there pretty quickly.

Okay, so I have a little over 1 million credits and a level 30 Amdusias. Elma has my first Skell, and Lin and Murderess each have light-type level 30 Skells. I want to get a level 50 Amdusias for myself and give Elma my level 30 Amdusias, but the level 50 Amdusias is 4,390,000 (ouch). I want to do this because I want to be properly prepared for Chapter 12.

Is there a quick way to grind money at this stage in the game? I haven't really messed with all of the basic probes I've placed save for mandatory stuff.

jonjonaug

Okay, so I have a little over 1 million credits and a level 30 Amdusias. Elma has my first Skell, and Lin and Murderess each have light-type level 30 Skells. I want to get a level 50 Amdusias for myself and give Elma my level 30 Amdusias, but the level 50 Amdusias is 4,390,000 (ouch). I want to do this because I want to be properly prepared for Chapter 12.

Is there a quick way to grind money at this stage in the game? I haven't really messed with all of the basic probes I've placed save for mandatory stuff.

Learn how to use and abuse Research and Duplicator probes on and around sectors with sightseeing spots. The real cash value of a sector is the number of found sightseeing spots multiplied by the credit value of the Research Probe, the letter grade for Research doesn't actually matter all that much. Check this map for an example. Similar "tons of money" setups are possible in Noctilum and Cauldros as well.

kunonabi

I found the knife blueprints I needed but I cannot get this dual gun blueprint to drop for the life of me no matter which type of Marnuck I kill.

Learn how to use and abuse Research and Duplicator probes on and around sectors with sightseeing spots. The real cash value of a sector is the number of found sightseeing spots multiplied by the credit value of the Research Probe, the letter grade for Research doesn't actually matter all that much. Check this map for an example. Similar "tons of money" setups are possible in Noctilum and Cauldros as well.

Okay, thanks. I don't know what the colored Japanese text and numbers on the image translate to though?

jonjonaug

Okay, thanks. I don't know what the colored Japanese text and numbers on the image translate to though?

I don't know either, but this is just showing how you can place Research probes around a Duplicator Probe that's next to a Booster Probe. The Duplicator probe is on top of a bunch of Landmark points, and will gain money for each Research probe around it. It's output will be boosted from the Booster probe and it will also duplicate the boost effect to the Research probes around it. That particular setup in Oblivia has research probes and the duplicator probe on top of spots with a bunch of landmark points, so you earn a ton of money from it if you've fully explored those areas.

kunonabi

Is it true there are enemies that you can miss making it impossible to complete the bestiary? If so, I feel like a complete idiot for doing all the play awards and spending several hours trying to find this last dual gun blueprint.

Vena

Is it true there are enemies that you can miss making it impossible to complete the bestiary? If so, I feel like a complete idiot for doing all the play awards and spending several hours trying to find this last dual gun blueprint.

Not sure where or how there would be an enemy to miss in this game.

Top Bottom