• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

Chaos17

Character creator is decent, my only issue is that haircut are specific to a type of face so the rare ponytail for girl (example) are only for 2 type that I don't really like XD
Color palettes have a lot of colors so everybody will be happy with that.

aravuus

Character creator is decent, my only issue is that haircut are specific to a type of face so the rare ponytail for girl (example) are only for young character XD
Color palette for skin and hair has a lot of colors so everybody will be happy with that.

Well that's a stupid design decision.

I've thrown away all hope of creating a monster, so I'm just gonna try and recreate my Mii. Used the photo-to-face thingie Wii U has and my Mii came out looking goofy as fuck which was hilarious, hope I'll be able to make my character look like him.

I can confirm the music is amazing. I just wish there was a volume slider option because I find it a bit too loud in cutscenes and in battles.

I can confirm the music is amazing. I just wish there was a volume slider option because I find it a bit too loud in cutscenes and in battles.

I just popped in to the four streams that are going on twitch and the range of musical styles sounded interesting, I can tell I'm going to appreciate a lot about the music.

So, I've decided to get the physical copy so I can have a nice, smooth disc. And because my internet has been shit lately. The perks of sharing it with a bunch of other students...

This means, I'll be going to my "local" Gamestop tomorrow, which is over half an hour away. But in order to reduce the price I'm gonna trade a couple things in. One of them is an Xbox One controller I don't use. Do Gamestop accept controllers without boxes, and how much can I expect to get for it?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So, I've decided to get the physical copy so I can have a nice, smooth disc. And because my internet has been shit lately. The perks of sharing it with a bunch of other students...

This means, I'll be going to my "local" Gamestop tomorrow, which is over half an hour away. But in order to reduce the price I'm gonna trade a couple things in. One of them is an Xbox One controller I don't use. Do Gamestop accept controllers without boxes, and how much can I expect to get for it?

Don’t have the box? Not a problem! GameStop offers the same trade price even without the box.

probably under $20 if you don't have gamestop pro

My Limited Edition shipped too (amazon.fr).
Should be here next Monday.

usually, my amazon.fr orders concerning video games releasing on friday are shipped in thursday early afternoon and announced to be delivered on the next monday, but I get them either friday afternoon if I'm lucky or saturday morning.
I'll be at work tomorrow and all the week end, so this won't make much difference to me.
But I'm glad this almost 2 years wait is coming to an end.

What bothers me is that between my GF still in at home with our baby, my work, the fact that I move house and the holidays within the family for christmas, I'm afraid I won't be able to get fully immersed into the game until January...

Kiko

God, this game comes out tomorrow and I go on beach vacation for the next 10 days. WTF was wrong with me when I scheduled this holidays?

Dammit.

Raide

I will be picking my shiny copy up fro my local GAME tomorrow. I have all of next week off, so I will be immersing myself in X.

Atram

Building Squads is only possible on release? I ask because i´m 3 hours in the game and the online option doesn´t pop up.

Raide

Sölf;187668273 said:
We definitly need a NNID List for a GAF Squad.

Yes that sounds like a good idea. Since its not just open to play with anyone, we will have to make a good list of people that want to play.

Sölf

As for the whole Squad system, as far as I understood that, you choose at some point how you want to play (solo, multiplayer, friends). As for the latter it then puts you into a squad with people from your friendslist. Is that also random? So, if you have like 50 people that play it 32 get choosen at random each time you boot up the game?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yes that sounds like a good idea. Since its not just open to play with anyone, we will have to make a good list of people that want to play.
I think in the last thread we concluded a Google doc hidden in an -tag was going to be included in the |OT|?

SAC

Neo Member
Add me to the list of people having Amazon screw up their launch day delivery.... The CE is expected to arrive on Tuesday. I would be a lot more bummed about that if I didn't have finals next Monday and Tuesday so I guess it could be worse

Chaos17

+ When you sprint, it's faster than it looked in the stream o_O
- let me change de size of the police, please (lol)

tip : If you're a newbie in combat read your screen, lot of thing written.
Your characters will even tell you how to approach an ennemy.

Robin64

My Amazon order is still listed as shipping on December 2nd, and here we are nearly halfway through the 3rd. Woops.

Rootbeer

Banned
When is the OT?

The game is only a day away!
My Amazon order is still listed as shipping on December 2nd, and here we are nearly halfway through the 3rd. Woops.

my bestbuy.com order has been preparing for about 3 days. This is fairly typical as they like to confirm shipping at the last minute... but it makes me paranoid every time. I really want this game on Friday.

Robin64

Welp, my "Dispatching 2nd, Arriving 4th" Amazon order has FINALLY shipped, and is now listed as "Arriving 5th". How shit.

Really disappointed with Amazon's shipping for the "regular" (non-premium) service, ended up using another retailer with a better regular service.

How do squad invites work? Is there a host and only his friends can join? Or can friends of friends of friends… join too?

desu

Same, wish you could tweak that.

Also one of my biggest UI gripes is that why did nobody come up with the idea of putting the whole UI into the gamepad screen as optional display. This game looks amazing and I don't want to see millions of UI elements on the screen all the time. Why not have the option to put the minimap, quest log and others into a full view on the game pad while I play with almost no UI elements on the main screen.

Bombless

You can choose your online squad after you finish the tutorial section. I clocked at 5h30 at that point but it could probably be done much faster, i idled for at least an hour.

For a friends squad you have to select which friends you want in (a list pops up). The solo minded or mp minded squads are automatically assigned.

Edit : agreed on the music volume and the ui font being very small.

Robin64

'Arriving Saturday', amazon is pure shut.

Same. And what sucks is every Amazon delivery I've had in the past year has been after 6pm, given I live in the final town on the delivery route. Tempted to buy the game Friday morning from a store, rather than waiting til Saturday evening to play it. Amazon can have the game back.

What also sucks is that Chibi Robo, a game wasn't stupidly hyped about, arrived the day before release day from them. But not this time!

Please ship my game, Best Buy.

Please.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Top Bottom