• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

RPGCrazied

Where is dat OT? Amazon still hasn't shipped mine, but still says its arriving tomorrow. It must be shipping out within my state or something.

Sylas

Played about 2 hours last night. Things start off a little slow, as per JRPG necessity, but once you get rolling you just... don't have to stop. It's so good. I'm actually really digging the english localization, too.

Oh man, this is perfect... my client just sent me the files I have to work on tomorrow in advance. I'll work the shit out of this stuff today so I can take the day off tomorrow for Xenoblade!

Zankou

Got my copy early from Amazon today.

What I don't like after playing an hour is the small font x__x It's too hard to read sometimes.

Sylas

What I don't like after playing an hour is the small font x__x It's too hard to read sometimes.

The font is fairly small, which is definitely kinda my only real complaint. The whole menu system is kinda small and smudge-y. Oh well, time to lean in and read! Subtitles are nice and large, though.

I'm really wishing the manual was available online, though. Would really like to read over some of the stuff I didn't understand while I'm at work today.

The font is fairly small, which is definitely kinda my only real complaint. The whole menu system is kinda small and smudge-y. Oh well, time to lean in and read! Subtitles are nice and large, though.

How big is your TV? I have a 26'' LCD and was worried about the font size, so I bought a 32'' (hasn't arrived yet).

Yeah, I bought a bigger TV so I could play Xenoblade. I'm that weird.

Arizato

YvX4cwG.jpg

Got my Limited Edition one day early!

Been on total media blackout for this game. Should I play with the normal gamepad or is the pro controller better for this one?

Sylas

How big is your TV? I have a 26'' LCD and was worried about the font size, so I bought a 32'' (hasn't arrived yet).

Yeah, I bought a bigger TV so I could play Xenoblade. I'm that weird.

I'm playing on a 22" monitor. The font size being small isn't too terrible since I'm sitting fairly close to begin with, but yeah.

Got my Limited Edition one day early!

Been on total media blackout for this game. Should I play with the normal gamepad or is the pro controller better for this one?

Gamepad 100% of the way. Having a map at your fingertips is baaaaaaasically mandatory.

Good thing the gamepad is the ideal way to play it... it even has a built-in break-time since I'll have to recharge that shitty battery.

Now I'm just at the mercy of UPS who has been delivering stuff at like 7:30pm lately.

I just realized I'm going to have to like, actually think about saving in this game.

I've been playing so many massive games on PS4, where I can just drop into rest mode, that I've forgotten what it's like to have to stop playing, save, and turn off a system completely.

Sylas

I just realized I'm going to have to like, actually think about saving in this game.

I've been playing so many massive games on PS4, where I can just drop into rest mode, that I've forgotten what it's like to have to stop playing, save, and turn off a system completely.

Honestly, this game makes me miss the pause/resume functionality on PS4 a lot. Thankfully you can save basically anywhere (as in, I haven't found a place that stops me from saving) and the game is really good about picking up where you left off when you load up your save.

sugarless

Not as bad as some people's delivery disasters but even with a pre-order, Amazon UK can't get a game to Northern Ireland on the day of release. I live in London and bought a second copy for my little brother to play with me. Got my shipping confirmation emails today and mine is coming tomorrow but his isn't arriving till Saturday. Which is nice considering it's going to his work address in Belfast. Sigh...

sugarless

Good thing the gamepad is the ideal way to play it... it even has a built-in break-time since I'll have to recharge that shitty battery.

Now I'm just at the mercy of UPS who has been delivering stuff at like 7:30pm lately.

I just plug in the GamePad charger behind my sofa instead of at the back of the TV and keep it attached to the GamePad. So used to plugging everything in at the TV area that it honestly didn't occur to me for like, a year after getting a Wii U...

llehuty

What's up with the french supermarkets and electronic shops indicating that the game is out next week? Anyone has seen it on the wild in France?

My gamepad has had horrible range/disconnect issues for almost a year now, but it hasn't bothered me too much since I sit right next to my console at my desk. I've got a replacement wireless module coming in today though so it's finally time to crack that gamepad open and hopefully fix this thing in preparation for this game.

Chaos17

What's up with the french supermarkets and electronic shops indicating that the game is out next week? Anyone has seen it on the wild in France?

They're probably talking about the normal version (imo)
But some Micromania and Fnac are already selling the CE.

Voliko

Time to break out an extension cable for those long play sessions :/

CoolS

Yes, looks like this will be waiting for me when I get home. I'll finally be able to play the sucessor of my favorite game from last gen. Beyond excited.

aravuus

Lol. I can kinda have the pad plugged in when I'm playing, but my setup isn't ideal. Gotta see if I can re-arrange some stuff around.

Today is the last day without Xenoblade X. Can't wait for midnight to come and start downloading it.

Any idea if it's GMT midnight it's gonna be up or what? GMT +2 here so I was wondering if I have to stay up till 2am.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Any idea if it's GMT midnight it's gonna be up or what? GMT +2 here so I was wondering if I have to stay up till 2am.

It's midnight according to the time zone of each eshop. So it should be GMT on UK eshop and GMT + 1 in German eshop for example.

So depending on which eshop you are using. If you are using the UK eshop and you live on GMT+2 timezone then yeah, you need to wait until 2 am.

rhandino

Banned
1 MORE DAY UNTIL THE DESTRUCTION OF EARTH

ImrR6FF.gif

I have Friday night and the whole weekend to play XenoX

ImrR6FF.gif

I am already listening to Primordia Night / Day themes to put me in the mood

t4jCGHq.gif

Order shipped from bby this morning and I got an email from UPS package incoming tomorrow. Ohyeaaaa my wife is gonna hate me this weekend

Top Bottom