• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Can we stop with the huge gifs? At least try to keep them below 3 or 4 megs. Ya'll are eating up data like it's going out of style and crashing browsers.

evilalien

The graphics look so clean.... Makes me wonder if the jaggies will sneak up on us in the final release. :I
But I am not informed on AA technology so I don't know, we can not underestimate Monolith's expertise.

There is aliasing shimmer all over the trailers, I wouldn't expect a clean IQ if I were you. The art direction is impeccable though, and the game will be beautiful because of that.

Min0

The graphics look so clean.... Makes me wonder if the jaggies will sneak up on us in the final release. :I
But I am not informed on AA technology so I don't know, we can not underestimate Monolith's expertise.

To be fair the game looks really jaggy in the city. Everything else looks great tho.

There is aliasing shimmer all over the trailers, I wouldn't expect a clean IQ if I were you. The art direction is impeccable though, and the game will be beautiful because of that.

Ah welp, I guess watching the streams in a Youtube window kinda hides IQ details like that. But it's true, the game will look stunning nonetheless.

random25

Due to the latest wave of information, the official site has also been updated with the contents revealed earlier. The replay of the Field/Overview video can also be seen there for those who may have missed it or just wanted to watch again.

sorry I can't find the pre-load thread but I have a question

since Japan can download the code right now but cannot play until the end of April
does this mean the game has gone GOLD or will they still be working on it and just patch the pre-load?

random25

sorry I can't find the pre-load thread but I have a question

since Japan can download the code right now but cannot play until the end of April
does this mean the game has gone GOLD or will they still be working on it and just patch the pre-load?

They're most likely done at this point for the Japanese version at least. They mentioned some time ago that the game is in near completion, and Takahashi even play tested it for more that 300 hours in the previous Famitsu article.

L~A

Yay for tweets:

[小島]今日はWii UのGamePadについて。以前どこかで公開された映像にチラッと映っていたはずなので、ずっと気になっていた方も居るんではないかと思いますが…

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/564710698475728896

XenobladeXは通常GamePadにセグメントマップを表示していますが(セグメントマップやフロンティアネットについては6日に公開された映像「世界観・探索編」で紹介されていました…いやー、とんでもなく凝った作りでしたね)、

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/564710849890119684

TVモニターに映っているメインのゲーム画面をWii U GamePadへ表示する機能も付けたのでWii U GamePadのみでのプレイも可能です。これ、特に海外からの要望が多かったみたいです。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/564711005540720640

バトル中などは特に画面に表示される情報量が多いのでGamePadだとゴチャゴチャし過ぎるかも…と最初は心配したんですが、試しにやってみたら案外大丈夫だったので晴れて採用となりました。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/564711120514990080

Basically, reconfirming off-TV play (the button for which was seen in the presentation from the other day). Lots of requests for the feature from overseas. Thought it might look bad during battles with lots of information on the screen, but was alright when they tried it so they implemented it.

L~A

Basically, reconfirming off-TV play (the button for which was seen in the presentation from the other day). Lots of requests for the feature from overseas. Thought it might look bad during battles with lots of information on the screen, but was alright when they tried it so they implemented it.

That's for all 4 tweets? (So I can include your post in the OP).

random25

Nice to see an official confirmation of gamepad Off-TV play (haven't heard anything but speculation that it has). At least I can play my game while my mom watches her favorite shows at prime time lol.

wonder what else 'overseas' asked for?

alvis.exe

I actually never noticed, but it looks like they have the Treehouse stream with Japanese subtitles on the website as well.

For some reason that amuses me, considering it's normally the other way around.

L~A

Lots of new stuff for the website today:

New music

Character customisation:

img_chara_mira01.jpg
img_chara_mira07.jpg
img_chara_mira02.jpg

img_chara_mira05.jpg
img_chara_mira03.jpg
img_chara_mira06.jpg

img_chara_mira04.jpg
img_chara_mira08.jpg

Character creation

YouTube

There's also a list of VA.

StreetsAhead said:
Male Voices

Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices

Ai Maeda (Classic)
Rina Satou (Tsundere)
Yui Ogura (Whisper)
Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Field overview

New Los Angeles

YouTube

Quest Board

YouTube

YouTube

img_world03_01.png

New concept-arts (from Tsukamoto):

New tweets:

[小島]いよいよアバターの情報が出始めました。固有名詞をあらかじめ設定していない主人公はモノリス初(?)の試みなのでちょっとドキドキしています。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/565822261844656129

公式サイトではサンプルボイスも聞けるのでよろしかったらどうぞ。しかし男女10人づつ、計20種類もアバターの声を用意したのはちょっと豪華過ぎる気がしなくもありません。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/565822284858798080

ユーザーの皆さんにはどのアバターボイスを選ぶのか、存分に悩んでいただければ開発としては大成功です。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/565822359911661568

Gambit

It's funny that almost every single stock character option looks better than the one they've used in trailers. Same goes for all the clothing/armour.

spekkeh

Banned
Off TV is a good thing. I never finished Xenoblade because (among others) at some point I was just embarrassed to have my wife look at the game for so damn long.

Off TV is a good thing. I never finished Xenoblade because (among others) at some point I was just embarrassed to have my wife look at the game for so damn long.

Combat voices in Xenoblade almost drove my wife crazy. Every time I mention the word "Monado" she gives me that creepy menacing look...

duckroll

The new tweets are just Kojima saying that they've revealed more information about the avatar creation process, how Monolithsoft is nervous about their first user-created main character, lots of voice options, etc. PR shit.

The new gallery showcase is from Yoko Tsukamoto. She's doing character and enemy designs, and the main illustration being showcased is a character illustration which includes the "Roo" character which she designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom