• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoon

I've just been following this thread randomly, but is there any sort of time line for when the site/twitter usually updates?

I'd love some new info right about now.

The site usually updates on Thursdays and the twitter updates in the morning (JP time, middle of the night EU time, afternoon US time).

edit: oh, beaten by a mile!

chadboban

New art too
g_img_kazama01.jpg

DaBoss

Wait, so will this theme kick in whenever you use the overclock gear?
Not sure, I doubt it though. Just saying it's the theme that was playing in the OC Gear part in the battle overview video. It's what I read some people refer to it as cause it played during that part.

I should word my post better.

chadboban

New art too
g_img_kazama01.jpg

Gorgeous! Damn Monolithsoft, I want some high rez versions of this amazing art you keep putting out.

Not sure. Just saying it's the theme that was playing in the OC Gear part in the battle overview video.

I should word my post better.

No probs. Yep I remember that theme playing in the battle overview. Speaking of which I think we could very well be 1-2 weeks away from the Doll overview video. HYPE!

Lumyst

At this rate there's going to be absolutely no songs without Vocals :(

There's an ambient track that plays during the video where Lyn is explaining New Los Angeles during a flyover, which reassured me that Sawano would have some ambient music as well for this game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im liking what im guessing is battle music in that overclock video, I wasent super digging it during the directs but hearing it alone and as many times as i want, Im really digging it.

Lumyst

Yep! I have to say that it gives me Sim City 4 vibes, what with the music and the flying over a city's infrastructure, haha (Believe it or not, Sim City 4 has an awesome soundtrack that also does the "human voices = humanity's struggles and progress" thing, which I think Sawano is also evoking with the vocals.) I don't have experience viewing works that include his music, but from what I've understood, in general, when musicians sample or use vocals from different languages, it's to create a "sound of humanity," almost like the sound of world music. Considering these are some of the last survivors of Earth, and the importance of technology in their survival, the digital sounds combined with the vocals should be like a symbol of that struggle of humanity and the necessity of technology for progress. But it's also good to have ambient tracks too :p That's why I think it's fruitless to try and understand some of the "engrish" though, since the goal might not necessarily be to create a fluent message, but rather, to have just enough of a sound from a certain language in order for the human voice to evoke that humanity.

The battle video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFeMcHr5Lp8

This is the music that played during the Overclock Gear part in the battle overview video.

Vocals by Cyua, sounds German to me. I would guess this song is called 'Wir Fliegen', or 'We are Flying', but can't be 100% sure.

Nice! Will look out for your translations in the future.
Wait, so will this theme kick in whenever you use the overclock gear?

Probably not....but they HAVE used it twice in the context of OC gear. I really doubt it's battle music... but we'll see. I think there will be cutscenes that play specific music that would then transition to battle, but obviously no one but Monolith and Sawano know how they're using the music.

Ah don't worry :) We've heard about 20 vocal tracks out of a 90+ track OST.
The last time Sawano worked on an OST even close to this size was Gundam Unicorn, 85 tracks long... and that was absolutely BRIMMING with atmospheric tracks. I'm pretty sure we'll have a strong well rounded OST overall.

Zero²

I really like that song a lot. :D
Me too, and damn Lyn was kicking ass with that shield!
I guess most battle songs will have vocals, they are great to make you pumped up, like Breathless and Keep On Keeping On. It works very well in my opinion.
One thing I really find really odd is all the Sawano hate on Neogaf, specially since I frequent a lot of anime sites like MAL, and Sawano is treated almost as a legend there.

L~A

Hmm..

[高橋]明後日のニコ生、結構プレッシャーです。なにせXenobladeとなると作っていたのは優に5年以上前なので、結構細かいことを忘れてしまっているのです(苦笑)

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/581009929735032833

しかしやっぱり生というのは緊張するんでしょうね。言ってはいけないことを言いたくなる衝動と闘わなくてはなりませんし(笑)…どうか皆さん暖かい目で見守ってください。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/581009983849906176

Takahashi talking about being nervous for the Nico stream(for the 3DS version) coming up. It's been five years since they worked on the game, so he's forgotten some details about it(sarcastic laugh). So he's nervous about saying things he shouldn't say on the stream(laugh), and he hopes everyone doesn't judge him too harshly.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Takahashi talking about being nervous for the Nico stream(for the 3DS version) coming up. It's been five years since they worked on the game, so he's forgotten some details about it(sarcastic laugh). So he's nervous about saying things he shouldn't say on the stream(laugh), and he hopes everyone doesn't judge him too harshly.

I honeslty cant wait to see him talk more about xenoblade, honestly I really want to know his genuine feelings about how loved the game is and how that affected X

L~A

Thanks, added to the OP.

Anyway, someone wanna translate the Overclock Gear and the Battle pages? So I can update the OP with the website stuff too :)

Could someone answer why they're afraid of vocals? I think the music has even insanely underrated so far and so it's quite frustrating to see so many people jumping on the 'music can't be good with vocals' bandwagon.

L~A

Ah, thanks. Should've checked the other thead.

OP updated. Since we're now having dedicated threads for each updates, I'm just putting links to those in the OP. Besides, running out of space : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom