• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

It appears that the music is composed by Sawano Hiroyuki and sung by Mika Kobayashi and the male vocals is by a some man named mpi. I'm not sure of the name of the song, but it may just be untitled for now.
Thanks! I will wait for the song name to be revealed then, no point in tagging the .mp3 with only the artists names.

Highwind

The full version of the trailer music is really blowing my mind right now.

Sawano is definitely one of my favourite composers, along with Uematsu, Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura and Ryuji Sasai.

plank

http://xenobladex.jp/

The music on the website has been changed to the track from the E3 2013 trailer

There's been some fan attempts to make out the lyrics. Here's one of em:

Let's find the giving loss
All the people cry in vain
Try to live your life
In the sky where I can fly

Tell me what is meant here
Tell me you're awake
And it's always here
While the long time whirl(s)

There's a voice that says
You're part of my soul
And the sun comes out
With all of my hopes

So where's your feeling
And where is your life
Forgotten world
Nobody's ever seen

Looooved the song back then, thanks for the download link.

I remember a lot of people not liking that music when that trailer was revealed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The website specifically has it as BGM archives with the last song, which I think confirms they plan on revealing more songs for this in the future, how many I wonder however.

Dice//

Banned
@song
er92jvF.gif

L~A

Two new tweets today:

[高橋]メリークリスマス!今年もあと僅か、来年はいよいよXenobladeX発売です。皆さんが良いお年を過ごされますように、そしてXenobladeXを目一杯楽しんでくれるよう祈っています。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/548025792345567233

[高橋]今年のツイートはこれにて終了です。来年は僕以外のモノリススタッフも呟いてくれればいいですね。…その前にフライングサイト、アレどうするんでしょうw何やら色々企んでいるようなので、そちらもご期待ください。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/548025871475286016

desu

I remember a lot of people not liking that music when that trailer was revealed.

Oh really? Always that it was a pretty cool voval track! I remember having it on repeat for quite a while back then. OST is going to be awesome if the current samples are anything to go by.

duckroll

Takahashi wishes everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Next year Xenoblade X will go on sale, and he hopes everyone enjoys it as much as they can. There won't be any new tweets for the rest of this year. Next year there'll be other Monolithsoft staff members tweeting on the account besides Takahashi, and they also have various updates planned for the teaser site, so look forward to that.

L~A

Takahashi wishes everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Next year Xenoblade X will go on sale, and he hopes everyone enjoys it as much as they can. There won't be any new tweets for the rest of this year. Next year there'll be other Monolithsoft staff members tweeting on the account besides Takahashi, and they also have various updates planned for the teaser site, so look forward to that.

I knew they weren't gonna get serious until next year.

Hopefully Nintendo will kick in the new year with a ND and a brand new XCX trailer :)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Well considering the year only has about a week left...

Golnei

I don't mind the new track, but it's a shame they haven't provided an instrumental - hearing it covered by a competent vocalist could make it enter the general category of 'good'.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I knew this was leading up to something, im prepared for the amazing concept art.

L~A

I knew this was leading up to something, im prepared for the amazing concept art.

Concept art? Hmm... Screenshots will be cool too, we've only got a couple of those so far. Hopefully, we get some nice panoramas of some of the places in the game (not too many, though :p).

Dr. Buni

Besides concept art, it would be nice to get the official art for the main characters revealed so far... Like Elma and Rin, for a start.

L~A

Besides concept art, it would be nice to get the official art for the main characters revealed so far... Like Elma and Rin, for a start.

Personally, I'm more interested in knowing their VA.

I really hope Nintendo keeps the Japanese VA: they did with Xenoblade and Bravely Default, but not with Pandora's Tower and The Last Story.

Golnei

I really hope Nintendo keeps the Japanese VA: they did with Xenoblade and Bravely Default, but not with Pandora's Tower and The Last Story.

At least there probably won't be as many concerns with storage space - though seeing as its predecessor also had dual audio, that probably won't be a deciding factor here either. While the decision to retain it doesn't have much of an effect on my interest in the game (I'm much more concerned as to the quality of the localised voice direction and cast in comparison to the first Xenoblade) I agree that not including the option to use the Japanese voice track would be indefensible barring possible licensing issues, considering the genre and audience.

With Rin, I'm curious to see how much of her creepy doll-like demeanor was carried over from the original art, and how much was the result of the transition to the ingame model.

TheMoon

I agree that not including the option to use the Japanese voice track would be indefensible barring possible licensing issues, considering the genre and audience

There can't really be any licensing issues when the game is a first party affair from beginning to end.

kenji

hey guys I need some help, I'm searching for a site that explain the gameplay details from the treehouse demo, I remember I saw it in other threads, can someone link it to me please?

Dr. Buni

Yeah, as you, I hope there is an option to switch the (audio) language to Japanese. That said, the English voice acting was competent for Xenoblade, so I am expecting it to be on the same level for Xenoblade X.

jorgejjvr

How do you guys think the customizable
character will work?

I'm kind of worried, since I loved shulk, I want the main character to have life, not a silent protagonist that just nods. I hope they somehow find a good balance, fire emblem awakening had a customizable main character yet he felt alive, that one was done right, here's hoping

L~A

There can't really be any licensing issues when the game is a first party affair from beginning to end.

The second japanese VA are involved, things get really complicated (and expensive), even if it's 1st-party.

Since Nintendo has confirmed the WW release right from the start, if they did things the right way, they negociated the rights for the VA from the start.

Personally, I really liked the English dub in XC, so if it's at least as good as this one, I won't mind.

Now, if we get Atlus-level dub... Still both options is the best: this isn't some niche JRPG from a nice localisation company after all.

I hope Dog Ear Records releases this soundtrack on at last three discs like they did for Xenoblade Chronicles and of course The Last Story.

L~A

I hope Dog Ear Records releases this soundtrack on at last three discs like they did for Xenoblade Chronicles and of course The Last Story.

Pretty sure the XC soundtrack was on 4 discs (two for Story, two for Battles / field).

And I'd be surprised if there wasn't a soundtrack album... especially with Sawano composing. Actually, the very fact he's the composer pretty much guarantees a CD release.

TheMoon

Pretty sure the XC soundtrack was on 4 discs (two for Story, two for Battles / field).

And I'd be surprised if there wasn't a soundtrack album... especially with Sawano composing. Actually, the very fact he's the composer pretty much guarantees a CD release.

And you're right. Xenoblade had 4 discs, The Last Story was the one with 3 discs.

L~A

New Year break is over :)

[高橋]明けましておめでとうございます。本年もよろしくお願いいたします。皆さんはどんな正月休みを過ごされましたか?XenobladeXチームはいよいよ大詰めを迎える開発に向けてしっかりと鋭気を養いました。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/552016522189611009

今月辺りから皆さんの目に触れる情報が増えていくのではないかと、そんな気がする新年のご挨拶でした。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/552016604804812800

i-Jest

You guys think this game will have Shulk Amiibo support? Unlocking new maps, quests, weapons, items, skins/costumes would be rather appealing.

L~A

If there's any amiibo support, I doubt it'll be more than just being able to unlock Shulk clothes and weapon (The Monado).

My Japanese isn't that great, but I think they are general new year's wishes to everyone (the first explicitely asks if everyone had a good holiday). There is more to come (and see?) this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom