• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Hideyuki Matsumoto is the final external designer Takahashi is introducing. They used to be colleagues in a previous company (Both Matsumoto and Takahashi were former Square employees), and Matsumoto helped him on Xenosaga as well. He is a designer who has a profound knowledge of firearms, so for this game he's mainly drawing designs for weapons used by characters in the game (as opposed to mechs I suppose). On reflection, Takahashi gives himself another pat on the back for assembling a top-class team of designers for the game. (lol)

For the backgrounds, they engaged Kusanagi for the design work. It's a company that specializes in background design, and they have a lot of experience on adapting drawn artwork into 3D models, so it was a no brainer. (Kusanagi is a background studio who works on many anime and videogame projects)

L~A

Hideyuki Matsumoto is the final external designer Takahashi is introducing. They used to be colleagues in a previous company (Both Matsumoto and Takahashi were former Square employees), and Matsumoto helped him on Xenosaga as well. He is a designer who has a profound knowledge of firearms, so for this game he's mainly drawing designs for weapons used by characters in the game (as opposed to mechs I suppose). On reflection, Takahashi gives himself another pat on the back for assembling a top-class team of designers for the game. (lol)

For the backgrounds, they engaged Kusanagi for the design work. It's a company that specializes in background design, and they have a lot of experience on adapting drawn artwork into 3D models, so it was a no brainer. (Kusanagi is a background studio who works on many anime and videogame projects)

Thanks a bunch, added to the OP.

I guess he never said anything more about the people he introduced the other day?

Edit: oh, Kusanagi worked on the LovePlus series? Interesting.

Nanashrew

Banned
Even if the info has been kinda boring I actually like how personal they have been introducing us to the team working on the game. I think when they open up the official website they should have a section dedicated to the staff with all the extra info they couldn't fit on Twitter.

Tovarisch

tumblr_ncoz3kVU5I1tkhp6zo4_250.gif

Y682fzF.gif

L~A

New tweets~

~[高橋]前回でデザイナーの皆さんについては殆どご紹介しましたが、最後に付け加えておきたいのはモノリスの社内スタッフについてです。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/546938825503559680

[高橋]ここでは個々の名前を挙げることはしませんが、今までご紹介してきた、ある意味非常にバラエティに富んだ方々のデザインを一つの作品世界に収めることができたのはモノリススタッフが頑張ったからだということをお伝えしておきます。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/546938901881839616

Spinluck

Man, Google translate really fucked up those tweets for me, but I was able to piece together enough to understand the tweets.

L~A

It's better to just wait for an actual translation, it's not like there's any breaking news in those tweet anyway :)

sublimit

Banned
Zero²;144094075 said:
At least it will make for a interesting comparison to see what each person was in charge with and what the game ultimately become ^^

What will be very interesting IMO would be to compare the credits of the first Xenoblade with this one to see which and how many of the first game's team transferred to XCX.

duckroll

I think Takahashi is running out of things to talk about lol.

He says that he has pretty much introduced all the designers, but lastly he wants to mention the internal Monolithsoft staff. He isn't going to name them one by one, but he just wants to point out that without their hard work, the huge variety of different designs from the various designers would not be unified into one game world.

L~A

I think Takahashi is running out of things to talk about lol.

He says that he has pretty much introduced all the designers, but lastly he wants to mention the internal Monolithsoft staff. He isn't going to name them one by one, but he just wants to point out that without their hard work, the huge variety of different designs from the various designers would not be unified into one game world.

My guess is, he hadn't really planned for something. In his first message, he said he'd post some ramblings on Twitter and he kept on talking about designers since it's the first thing he showed.

For regular artworks/pics, he'd need to plan something, and usually, there's a PR guy doing it.

I guess those will become after the holidays.

Hiltz

are they not allowed to show anything?

could they give us a hint on release date? before Zelda U or after?

Given the scale of the game and the bigger localization effort, I'm hoping for an October release, but it may need more time than that. Nintendo is probably waiting to show more of the game in future Nintendo Directs.

llehuty

I think localization is what is going to determine the release date outside of Japan. I'm a bit worried about Europe translations (I'mnot in a hurry though).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Well it does sound like a pretty good team.

Given the scale of the game and the bigger localization effort, I'm hoping for an October release, but it may need more time than that. Nintendo is probably waiting to show more of the game in future Nintendo Directs.

hoping Treehouse had it for far longer than that and they can do an NA release closer to Japan

Some Nobody

hoping Treehouse had it for far longer than that and they can do an NA release closer to Japan

I doubt it. The fact that they specifically told us Spring 2015 for Japan and that they were merely "targeting" 2015 for localized releases isn't a good sign. Then you think about how we haven't seen a single English trailer yet...it's worrisome.

Everyone saying we'll see it around October/November are probably dead-on, unless Nintendo has the magic touch with RPG translations.

R.D.Blax

I'm searching for a download button but I don't find it. And throwing money at my screen don't help either. Please help !

Omnicent

Man the OST for this game will be amazing. I don't normally buy OST, but I will for this game.

I'm searching for a download button but I don't find it. And throwing money at my screen don't help either. Please help !
I can download it. so goooooddddd (well the older one that people love so much. can't get the newer one no matter how much I try)
ok got it.
http://xenobladex.jp/media/xeno_sound2.mp3
sooo goooooddddd.

also the old one if people don't have it http://xenobladex.jp/media/xeno_sound1.mp3

Hiltz

There's been some fan attempts to make out the lyrics. Here's one of em:

Let's find the giving loss
All the people cry in vain
Try to live your life
In the sky where I can fly

Tell me what is meant here
Tell me you're awake
And it's always here
While the long time whirl(s)

There's a voice that says
You're part of my soul
And the sun comes out
With all of my hopes

So where's your feeling
And where is your life
Forgotten world
Nobody's ever seen

jorgejjvr

There's been some fan attempts to make out the lyrics. Here's one of em:

Let's find the giving loss
All the people cry in vain
Try to live your life
In the sky where I can fly

Tell me what is meant here
Tell me you're awake
And it's always here
While the long time whirl(s)

There's a voice that says
You're part of my soul
And the sun comes out
With all of my hopes

So where's your feeling
And where is your life
Forgotten world
Nobody's ever seen
Pretty good

Lumyst

I wonder at what moment in the game that will show up in. I remember when I watched my brother play Baten Kaitos, there was a boss that had hip-hop sounding music and I couldn't make out what the lyrics were, so maybe this'll be the same, haha

Hiltz

I want to know the name of the music, as well as the artist's name.

It appears that the music is composed by Sawano Hiroyuki and sung by Mika Kobayashi and the male vocals is by a some man named mpi. I'm not sure of the name of the song, but it may just be untitled for now.

I doubt it. The fact that they specifically told us Spring 2015 for Japan and that they were merely "targeting" 2015 for localized releases isn't a good sign. Then you think about how we haven't seen a single English trailer yet...it's worrisome.

Everyone saying we'll see it around October/November are probably dead-on, unless Nintendo has the magic touch with RPG translations.

you might as well say 2016 if you think so little of Treehouse the fact that the Crashed Ship City is Neo LA makes it harder for them to go with those NOE British voice actors again so translation is not the only issue facing XCX

Zelda U will be a problem they can't release these two games too close to each other so if not Summer 2015 we would have to wait for early 2016

I do not think translation is as much a problem for NOA as you think, the problem is lack of marketing for games that are not Mario or Zelda so they might just sit on XCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom