• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

New tweets:

[小島]前回に引き続き、Xenobladeには用意できなくてユーザーの皆さんに残念がられてしまった要素について。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/563245649030680577

XenobladeXにはエネミー(モンスター)図鑑を付けました。3Dモデルを舐めまわすように鑑賞するもよし、ドロップアイテムの確認など、自分のゲームプレイに役立てるもよしです。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/563245736372883458

Xenobladeの時は開発締切りの都合で入れられなかったのですが、今回は予め工数を見込んでおきました。…因みにNew3DS版Xenobladeにはエネミー図鑑の機能が付いているらしいですね(さりげない宣伝)。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/563245879792922624

By the way, could we have a translation of the new character's profile for the OP? Thanks!

duckroll

The new tweets are just Kojima talking about another thing they couldn't include in Xenoblade but wanted to. Xenoblade X will have a full enemy encyclopedia where you can view 3D models of monsters you have encountered, check what drop items they have, etc. It's something they wanted in Xenoblade, but didn't have the development time. He also teases that the New 3DS port of Xenoblade will include this as well.

As for the website character update...

Maurice (VA: Ikuya Sawaki)

Maurice is a bureaucrat who was from the United States Department of Defense, before being promoted to a Presidential Aide. He saw it as his right to appoint himself the chief administrator of the NLA government, and he acts as a representative for the human race on Planet Mira.

I think there's a typo on the site actually, because 元米国国防相の官僚 makes no sense, given that 国防相 is Defense Minister, while 元米国国防省の官僚 would make perfect sense as he would simply be a part of the Defense Ministry. Both are written the same way, so maybe someone messed up while converting it to kanji.

L~A

Thanks a lot for the translations, done updating the OP.

Some cool stuff this week, and, I dunno why (really, I don't :p), that politician looks fishy. Then again, all politicians look fishy to me, so.... right, yeah, ha ha.

Yeah, Maurice might be the typical corrupt politician type of character, but something about him is making me think back to Shakhan from Xenogears. I could see him playing a similar role in the story.

img_chara08-02.png
latest

duckroll

Yeah, Maurice might be the typical corrupt politician type of character, but something about him is making me think back to Shakhan from Xenogears. I could see him playing a similar role in the story.

The Av/Kislev/Nissan story arc in Xenogears was so good. Soooo good.

He also teases that the New 3DS port of Xenoblade will include this as well.

As for the website character update...

Maurice (VA: Ikuya Sawaki)

Maurice is a bureaucrat who was from the United States Department of Defense, before being promoted to a Presidential Aide. He saw it as his right to appoint himself the chief administrator of the NLA government, and he acts as a representative for the human race on Planet Mira.

Thanks for the translations.

is this the first info on actual new content for Xenoblade 3DS?

As for the new character...

- Bureaucrat
- Department of Defense so a military type
- Believed it was "his right" and appointed himself leader.
-looks mean as seen in trailer

So yeah you will absolutely be in opposition to him at some point and he won't keep his position at the the top by the end of the game. How much of an antagonistic force he turns out to be is still to be seen.

This is a good indication that they plan on updating the gallery with samples from all the announced artists eventually, with links from the staff page to their work samples.

Oh man, this is great, they should definitely show us more of the art for this game, it's so good!

anaron

I hope we get to see Tanaka's drawn work soon. The paintings he did for XG and XS are still some of my favourite artwork.

duckroll

L~A, a slight suggestion for the OP. I think it would be a better idea not to quote all the art pieces from the gallery like this. I feel it fills up the page a lot for no reason, and I think we can expect a lot more in the coming months. It might be a better idea to quote the main artpiece for each artist, and make it a link that goes right to the page for the rest of the art instead. That might be neater.

L~A

L~A, a slight suggestion for the OP. I think it would be a better idea not to quote all the art pieces from the gallery like this. I feel it fills up the page a lot for no reason, and I think we can expect a lot more in the coming months. It might be a better idea to quote the main artpiece for each artist, and make it a link that goes right to the page for the rest of the art instead. That might be neater.

You're right, I didn't think of that. Thanks for the heads up.

I uploaded all the artworks on minus and put a link to the gallery, that way we have a gallery for each artist separately.

The new tweets are just Kojima talking about another thing they couldn't include in Xenoblade but wanted to. Xenoblade X will have a full enemy encyclopedia where you can view 3D models of monsters you have encountered, check what drop items they have, etc. It's something they wanted in Xenoblade, but didn't have the development time. He also teases that the New 3DS port of Xenoblade will include this as well.

Want. Would've been great for keeping track of uniques

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Enemy bestiary confirmed.

Fuck. Yes.

This was the BIGGEST omission in the original Xenoblade for me. You had all these cool monsters with drops, unique behaviors, etc., but no way to keep track of them.

EDIT: And it's in 3DS Xenoblade as well, huh? Maybe it's time I finish that...

rhandino

Banned
I wonder how they will handle the bestiary?

I loved how some of the items in Xenoblade have names put for the team members and a very brief description of the reason what they come up with the bizarre names...

Honestly I hope that he doesn't end up being a bad guy because he looks so much like a stereotypical business/political bad guy. Way too on the nose.

Dr. Buni

I wonder if Xenoblade was a popular series when the first game was still in the works (don't ask me how, this is just a what if), if people would complain about the characters as well, because although their designs are great for the most part, they don't look that good in the actual game. It is the same for Xenoblade X. The models aren't that good, but the designs are definitely great (at least for the party characters).
Xenoblade is my favourite RPGS of all time but somehow I'm not that hyped about X. It's weird that I think XV is more interesting looking.
I think Final Fantasy XV doesn't look that good. Yes, the graphics are objectively great, but character design is ugh. Xenoblade X, on the other hand, isn't that great looking (in comparison to XV) but the character designs are much better, with a lot of variety, etc. To each their own, though.

Diffense

It's not amazing but it looks good.

Maybe just the girls look bad. Or young people...

They have perfect feature-less skin while the older characters that are wrinkled, bearded, or scarred don't. Maybe some Western gamers are more used to characters in semi-realistic worlds having distinguishing features on their faces like wrinkles, hair, masks, tatoos, scars, jewellry, piercings, etc. IMO, this is where the compaint that some characters look doll-like comes from: the big eyes and perfect skin.

I'm fine with the style but for those that are bothered, the impression may be different when the characters are animated.

Mory Dunz

They have perfect feature-less skin while the older characters that are wrinkled, bearded, or scarred don't. Maybe some Western gamers are more used to characters in semi-realistic worlds having distinguishing features on their faces like wrinkles, hair, masks, tatoos, scars, jewellry, piercings, etc. IMO, this is where the compaint that some characters look doll-like comes from: the big eyes and perfect skin.

I'm fine with the style but for those that are bothered, the impression may be different when the characters are animated.

I dunno.
Honestly I think it's just the huge eyes lol.

The main character is young so he/she has the smooth face design, but when the tree house was making custom designs, and the eyes were made smaller, it instantly became better for me.

But that may be just me. So you could still have a point.

Astral Dog

Xenoblade is my favourite RPGS of all time but somehow I'm not that hyped about X. It's weird that I think XV is more interesting looking.

Probably because we have seen very little story and the game lacks an actual main character.

I think Final Fantasy XV doesn't look that good. Yes, the graphics are objectively great, but character design is ugh. Xenoblade X, on the other hand, isn't that great looking (in comparison to XV) but the character designs are much better, with a lot of variety, etc. To each their own, though.
Nah.

Diffense

Probably because we have seen very little story and the game lacks an actual main character.

Nah.

We've seen X played for 40 minutes. We've seen far less of FF. Or maybe I've not been following it closely enough (I haven't). I've seen the characters in a car with a huge Adamantoise (or whatever) in the background and another video with a cat running around. Exciting!

RomanceDawn

I've watched the trailers and don't really remember anything. I just don't have an urge to find anything else about this game. All I really remember is big robots and weird looking characters. Don't get me wrong though, this is exactly how I was with Xenoblade and all the while I just knew I would buy it and love it to death but just no urge to see what its about. I can't wait to get this game but don't really care to keep track of it's progress.

random25

In case anybody missed these, here are the new tweets. More or less another explanation about the enemy bestiary mentioned yesterday.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/563510485094379520
[野村]昨日の小島の呟きにあったNew3DS版のXenobladeに追加されたエネミー図鑑のような機能、「コレクションモード」について少し補足を。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/563510536441040896
こちらのモードは、先日のニンテンドーダイレクトでもご紹介いただきました通り、「ストーリーに関わり深い敵キャラ」に加えて「パーティキャラの装備バリエーション」等の3Dモデルを立体視でじっくり見られるモードとなります。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/563510582033121280
XenobladeXのエネミー図鑑同様、「コレクションモード」もぜひ楽しみにお待ちいただければと思います。引き続き、よろしくお願いいたします。今夜の動画配信もお楽しみに。

Neo Dark

That was a weird time for those tweets, they never post anything so early in the morning.

It's hype for the direct so then in the direct they can blow everyone away by revealing the demo for the game which will be available for download after the direct.
If this happens to be true, I don't know if I would be happy or sad since I don't have an imported Wii U which means I won't be able to play it.

L~A

That's a Direct per-se, so I very much doubt there'll be anything like a demo announcement. I don't think there'll be a demo for this game period, actually.

Anyway, no translations for the tweets? :eek:

duckroll

Oh I didn't see there were more tweets earlier today. Lol.

Today's tweets are from Nomura (not that Nomura), and he is following up on the Bestiary mentioned previously. The mode has been added to Xenoblade on New 3DS, and they call it "Collection Mode". This was actually shown in a previous Nintendo Direct, where you can view 3D models of enemy characters related to the story, as well as the different equipment variations on the party characters. The models are also displayed in stereoscopic 3D. Xenoblade X will also have a similar "Collection Mode".

L~A

Oh I didn't see there were more tweets earlier today. Lol.

Today's tweets are from Nomura (not that Nomura), and he is following up on the Bestiary mentioned previously. The mode has been added to Xenoblade on New 3DS, and they call it "Collection Mode". This was actually shown in a previous Nintendo Direct, where you can view 3D models of enemy characters related to the story, as well as the different equipment variations on the party characters. The models are also displayed in stereoscopic 3D. Xenoblade X will also have a similar "Collection Mode".

Ah, thanks a bunch. Thought you weren't online today (didn't think to check the staff page :p).

All this talk about XC3D makes me wonder if they did change stuff gameplay-wise (balance fixes for example). They haven't talked about it much, when you think about it.

Kandinsky

Ah, thanks a bunch. Thought you weren't online today (didn't think to check the staff page :p).

All this talk about XC3D makes me wonder if they did change stuff gameplay-wise (balance fixes for example). They haven't talked about it much, when you think about it.

I really hope so, I wont have ocarina codes this time around to fix the exp gain.

The graphics look so clean.... Makes me wonder if the jaggies will sneak up on us in the final release. :I
But I am not informed on AA technology so I don't know, we can not underestimate Monolith's expertise.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The graphics look so clean.... Makes me wonder if the jaggies will sneak up on us in the final release. :I
But I am not informed on AA technology so I don't know, we can not underestimate Monolith's expertise.

You can't really expect too much on AA front from Wii U. It's amazing already that the game looks the way it looks. We have to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom