• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so this is a stupid question from a long-time gamer, but it's been forever since I pre-ordered a game anywhere, much less at GameStop. Do I have to pick my pre-ordered copy up tomorrow, or can I wait until Saturday/Sunday?

I know that sounds really stupid, but I have heard of preordered games being sold out despite the preorder.

Okay, so this is a stupid question from a long-time gamer, but it's been forever since I pre-ordered a game anywhere, much less at GameStop. Do I have to pick my pre-ordered copy up tomorrow, or can I wait until Saturday/Sunday?

I know that sounds really stupid, but I have heard of preordered games being sold out despite the preorder.

You have 48 hours till they sell your copy.

Astra

They hold your copy for 48 hours.

Edit: Beaten and broken.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Got my email from Gamestop saying it shipped. Don't care if I don't get it tomorrow, PAX and everything, and still haven't played Fragile which I got a week ago...

Eusis

If it's really selling out this fast it'll probably be reprinted, or else Nintendo is extraordinarily dumb (or they have sufficent reason to believe nearly everyone that could possibly want this pre-ordered). Still, in case of the latter I would pick up a copy at $50, but no higher.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It will not take you long to decide to stop playing Fragile.

KuGsj.gif

I'm sure I've played clunkier games. I'm worried it'll make me too depressed though. :(

An-Det

I got the text from Gamestop earlier, so I'll be picking this up during my lunch break tomorrow and then getting nothing done at work in the afternoon while I anxiously watch the clock. Better than risking shipping and having it arrive next week at least.

Eusis

If he has shitty taste in games, sure.

Fragile is awesome, clunkiness aside.
Fragile would be 100X better if it didn't have breakable weapons. Seriously, they didn't even WANT to put combat in, so they should've made it so it'd lay down and die for you. Or at least put in a sensible weapon breaking system, rather than a random chance it'll break.

Cheska

Decided to stop by Gamestop on my way home from work to pick up my artbook. Glad I did because they only had three :( I'll stand by what everyone else is saying though, the artbook sure is fancy.

Sweet, my copy is already near my house. I should have it Saturday, I think. Because I'm almost certain that mail doesn't run on Good Friday.

Edit: Oh, mail does run on Good Friday. Maybe I'll have it tomorrow then. Awesome.

LiK

Decided to stop by Gamestop on my way home from work to pick up my artbook. Glad I did because they only had three :( I'll stand by what everyone else is saying though, the artbook sure is fancy.

i hope my artbook won't be a mangled mess from being shipped. gawd i hope they shipped in a box and not a dirty bubble envelope.

frequency

i hope my artbook won't be a mangled mess from being shipped. gawd i hope they shipped in a box and not a dirty bubble envelope.

It's pretty thick paper stock. It should be okay. A corner or something might get bent, but I doubt it'll be mangled.

It's almost the same stock as like post cards.

Zwei

just got the shipping confirmation from GameStop, yet no charge is present on my card.. this is super-odd. :|

I didn't even know the artbook was part of the preorder deal. I guess since I'll be getting my game on Saturday there's a 0% chance I'll be getting one with my game. Awesome :/

Pachinko

I was surprised to find this in my mail box today, too busy to play it until tomorrow though. I got an e-mail at 830am on april 4th and about 24 hours later it was in my mail box , apparently shipping from brampton ontario all the way to edmonton alberta. I didn't even pay extra for express. Nicely printed artbook too.

zigg

I'm a little annoyed with myself that I'm not ready to play this yet. But this is part of my new "finish what you start" strategy for game-playin', so I'll get to it in maybe a month or so.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The 48 hour thing is just store policy, but if you call them up and tell them you won't be in until say, Monday, they will hold it for you. I'm telling you from previous experiences ( though I guess this could be a different case since there is such limited supply).

Anyhow, going to pick mine up at 10 AM (though I probably won't play it untill Saturday night at the earliest :/ )!

ttocs

Only about 40 minutes to go until I can go to my local gamestop and pick it up. So glad I took off work today.

Was really excited to find out this game came out on one of my paid holidays off, but I find out yesterday the daycare my kids go to also have it off. So now I have to wait until later tonight to play :(

ttocs

Was really excited to find out this game came out on one of my paid holidays off, but I find out yesterday the daycare my kids go to also have it off. So now I have to wait until later tonight to play :(

Convince them it's the latest and greatest cartoon and have them invested in the story. You'll be playing in no time.

NBooger

Banned
I assumed ordering from the source (Nintendo) as opposed to a third party retailer (GameStop) would yield better results than this. My order status at the Nintendo store is "back ordered" despite having pre-ordered the game back on January 4th, and those who've went the GameStop route are already playing the game. This is terribly frustrating.

CrazyDude

Wish this game wasn't dual disc. Tried to play SSBB on the wii to see if it works, and know it doesn't. The disc doesn't even spin, so now I have to buy one of those cleaners. What a pain.

Just played a solid 5 hours on Dolphin this night, title screen looks beast. It never gets old.

xenotitleplqvm.png

I was glad to see that my save files from the PAL version aren't compatible, it gives me a good reason to do it again without having to delete my old saves. :)

Got any good links to a Dolphin config for the USA version? I can't play this game on the Wii.

It's funny, I"ve read a lot of reviews where the only thing people really have an issue with is that it's on the Wii. Everybody's talking about how great this game would look if it was on the 360 or ps3. It's a shame it isn't.

Oh well, thank god for Dolphin.

Risible

Has anyone gotten it from NOA yet? Does it say "backordered" for everyone, or have some people gotten shipping notices?

+1 for "backordered" status from Nintendo.

Still says "expecting to ship on April 6th" on the website for the game, though, so I'll wait through the day and see what happens.

burgerdog

Going to call GameStop and ask if I could pick up a copy without a reservation. If they say yes I'm going to call Nintendo to cancel that order.

raven777

Just called my local gamestop and they said they had few extra copies on stock for non-reserved. I am wondering if I should cancel Nintendo store's order and go pick it up at the store.

Does anyone know if I can cancel nintendo store's order? It says its backordered, so I assume its not shipped yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom