• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X import videos/streams thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
The whole aesthetic and design of this game is just so good, especially if you grew up on anime from the 90's. It has that very nice and cool late 80's/90's anime mech feel to it in terms of theme, which is freaking sweet.

throwing-money-away.gif

My reaction as well

I've been waiting for this game for an eternity D:

Jashobeam

I was happy then sad when I remembered the awful direct yesterday where NoA didn't even have 1 word translated yet lol. Damn the wait is going to kill me

The whole aesthetic and design of this game is just so good, especially if you grew up on anime from the 90's. It has that very nice and cool late 80's/90's anime mech feel to it in terms of theme, which is freaking sweet.
The aesthetic of the game is nothing like any 90s stuff I remember watching. Then again, maybe it's just the out of place character models that throw it for a loop.

Wow that's a really fucking good soundtrack.

Graphics are pretty unimpressive, characters are still hideous, monster designs are great. The textures are really where it's weak, though.

EDIT: Well, some of the monster designs are great - maybe a little overdesigned. That giant jungle unicorn thing is just plain dumb. The jungle in generally looks pretty good, though.

EDIT 2: Environments are undeniably stunning in terms of art design. I'm far from convinced about the boring looking MMO combat.

Big One

Banned
The aesthetic of the game is nothing like any 90s stuff I remember watching. Then again, maybe it's just the out of place character models that throw it for a loop.
Well the character models are very 00's, but I mean the whole aesthetic of the game itself ala the world it's in. The environment has that gritty mech anime feel to it, which is awesome to me.

The opening was very Alien, I liked it.

I kept expecting japanese anime opening but that was a nice change of pace.

Mind you this is coming from someone who has no concept of what this series is.

chadboban

The thread title is going to cause some trouble, I can already tell :/

Love the music, especially in the Noctilum video.

Pappasman

That exploration video was gorgeous. It really sucks localization is so far away.

Felt chills man, soooo good. This game and it's prequel make me want to get a WiiU, but is there a specific reason why the Xenoblade games are exclusive to Nintendo?
Nintendo owns monolith soft.

Big One

Banned
Felt chills man, soooo good. This game and it's prequel make me want to get a WiiU, but is there a specific reason why the Xenoblade games are exclusive to Nintendo?
Because Nintendo developed and published it. Or to be specific, the Monolithsoft branch of Nintendo. Monolithsoft used to be it's own studio working under Namco primarily, but now Nintendo owns the company to the point where they got their offices in the same realm as their core EAD. basically, Monolithsoft has became Nintendo.

Garlador

Patience is not my virtue...

Nintendo, I need this NOW.

Looking seriously good. Going to be extremely hard not to spoil myself before the localization hits.

I was happy then sad when I remembered the awful direct yesterday where NoA didn't even have 1 word translated yet lol. Damn the wait is going to kill me
I'm sure they have a bunch of it translated. It's just that they won't spend time to make a new build to show off to NA that is only partially translated when they already have the full game out in Japanese.

The game is beautiful. I can't wait to play through this once it comes to NA.

Well the character models are very 00's, but I mean the whole aesthetic of the game itself ala the world it's in. The environment has that gritty mech anime feel to it, which is awesome to me.
Yeah that's fair. I guess I keep getting bothered by the characters. But ignoring them, yeah I guess it does have a 90s mech feel.

jb1234

The Noctilum music is the first piece from the soundtrack I've liked. Hoping more of the exploration music is like this. Also nice to hear recurring themes.

Because Nintendo developed and published it. Or to be specific, the Monolithsoft branch of Nintendo. Monolithsoft used to be it's own studio working under Namco primarily, but now Nintendo owns the company to the point where they got their offices in the same realm as their core EAD. basically, Monolithsoft has became Nintendo.

Yeah, Monolithsoft is one of their studios.

That exploration video was gorgeous. It really sucks localization is so far away.

Nintendo owns monolith soft.
Because they're made by them. (MonolithSoft)

Thanks guys.

Kamek

I looked at the last vid. So good. lol at this title. Amazing. Xenoblade was my GOTG last gen. Can't wait for this.

MrDaravon

Man, we don't even have a western release date for this yet do we? So sad :(

Watched the opening video, it was awesome but I could absolutely see how some people wouldn't be impressed by it graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom