• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X import videos/streams thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of this stuff was either talked over or edited as such to not show the full clip and the music and sound/presentation was not in full effect as it is in these videos, its basically a new experience altogether.

For me that's jut the E3 and Direct footage without voices in the background.

I mean, they are freaking amazing and fantastic, but I wouldn't really call new...

Oh well, if people are finally moving on from talking about faces and talking about what actually matters in the game, hopefully we'll get more footage.

Laconic

Banned
This is why I bought a Wii U.

All the greatness beforehand was massive bonus content.

This shall in all probability be the last game I buy this year.

And next, barring Persona 5.

Exactly. Everything around it looks incredible but the actual combat is such a turn-off. Eh, I'll try it anyway.

Yeah. The first game was worse even =X, and the game itself was easily one of the best RPGs of last gen.

The exploration and story more than make up for the battle system.

Faustek

Great indeed.
This is really the first thing outside of the name that has me excited for the game.
But please tell me the recording or my tablet is messy or that slight delay in the lip sync is a figure of my imagination.

Lilo_D

I could never get past how much I hated the battle system in the first one. Probably one of the only JRPGs I've ever had to drop because of a battle system. I dunno how I'll muster on this one. I guess I'll give it a shot.

your avatar remind me that I almost drop the game
Persona4
because all battle / dungeon stuff

I could never get past how much I hated the battle system in the first one. Probably one of the only JRPGs I've ever had to drop because of a battle system. I dunno how I'll muster on this one. I guess I'll give it a shot.
Do it. Fight the bare minimum and explore a lot, so you can level up without having to fight much (you gain exp by finding secret places).

your avatar remind me that I almost drop the game
Persona4
because all battle / dungeon stuff
wut? P4 has an amazing battle system. It has poor dungeons, but the battles are great (unless you dislike turn-based stuff).

Lilo_D

Do it. Fight the bare minimum and explore a lot, so you can level up without having to fight much (you gain exp by finding secret places).

wut? P4 has an amazing battle system. It has poor dungeons, but the battles are great (unless you dislike turn-based stuff).

The poor dungeons make a good battle system meaningless.
It is the first JRPG that make me don't want to battle at all.
I just want to finish dungeon as fast as I can and go back to
date simulation

Tangential here but do you or anyone know of a guide for Xenoblade that's written from the perspective of avoiding combat? I truly despised the combat but wouldn't mind giving the game a try again. If there's some guide with tips on how to approach the game to avoid combat as much as possible, I might try it.

udivision

Tangential here but do you or anyone know of a guide for Xenoblade that's written from the perspective of avoiding combat? I truly despised the combat but wouldn't mind giving the game a try again. If there's some guide with tips on how to approach the game to avoid combat as much as possible, I might try it.

The unskippable bosses require mastery of the battle system. You'd have a better chance learning to like the battle system.

That's, uh, a really strange way of playing a game like Xenoblade. There's no guide on that, but just try to explore as much of the map as you can and take on as many side quests as you can. You can gain substantial experience from discovering areas and completing quests.

If you really can't stand the combat, maybe it's just not for you. I personally don't care for the combat either, but I was fine with doing it. I didn't hate it, in other words.

The unskippable bosses require mastery of the battle system. You'd have a better chance learning to like the battle system.
Ugh gross. It's shit for me, and there's not a chance of me liking it. No thanks. Back to the bottom of the backlog it goes I guess.
If you really can't stand the combat, maybe it's just not for you. I personally don't care for the combat either, but I was fine with doing it. I didn't hate it, in other words.
Right on. I've got better JRPGs to get through anyways.

Faustek

Speeding through the thread....I really oughta watch the Nintendo direct where they played this for a full hour, shouldn't I?

The poor dungeons make a good battle system meaningless.
It is the first JRPG that make me don't want to battle at all.
I just want to finish dungeon as fast as I can and go back to
date simulation
Not really. They are separate things entirely. Boss fights are independent of dungeons for instance. Fighting
Margareth
as a secret boss is a fun thing to do, because the battle system is good.

Dropping because of the dungeons I understand, but dropping because of the battles then it's because you don't enjoy turn-based games...
I don't have it, but it shouldn't be hard, really.

Just avoid enemies unless they are blocking your path, accept every quest in town, complete the ones that don't require fighting (seeing a guide should help with that), and fill in those maps.

If you enter an area and you see enemies a little higher level than you, then spend a few minutes fighting to complete the other sidequests (since sidequests also give you exp you level up faster) and you're good to go. Bosses are a cakewalk pretty much the entire game too.

Mikey Jr.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Xenoblade was bar none, my favourite game on the Wii.

But this......

Dunno, its not grabbing me. The world looks so drab compared to Xenoblade.

X1 had so many beautiful colours, the world just begged to be explored. This one is just kinda ehhh.

Bosses are a cakewalk pretty much the entire game too.
mNX.gif

Or just save your money and don't get it..... lol
Yeah unfortunately I already bought Xenoblade based on the off the charts hype it gets around the Internet. I guess I can save myself the money and not buy Xenoblade X though. Still feel like it deserves a try.

RagnarokX

People shitting on Xenoblade's combat? The combat in the first game was fine. It starts out kinda simple with drawing aggro with tanks, using combinations of moves to break, topple, and daze enemies, and using visions to alter the future, but once you get a certain character that uses ether magic spells you can go take on enemies that are several levels above you and stuff. Taking down the unique monsters was great fun.

Etria

Hope you guys enjoy it.

But this......

X1 had so many beautiful colours, the world just begged to be explored. This one is just kinda ehhh.

It might be the stream, which will never look as vibrant as when you play it on your own TV. But don't quote me on it because I haven't watched the videos due to avoiding spoilers.

Lilo_D

Not really. They are separate things entirely. Boss fights are independent of dungeons for instance. Fighting
Margareth
as a secret boss is a fun thing to do, because the battle system is good.

Dropping because of the dungeons I understand, but dropping because of the battles then it's because you don't enjoy turn-based games...

Not quite I'm a big JRPG fan.
But I got extremely bored at the 3rd dungeon in Persona 4 but I glad I didn't drop it
Because I didn't treat it as a JRPG, more like galgame : )

Zenaku

not gonna watch, as there's only a day or two left before release. I have 4 days booked off work next week (monday to thursday, games digital version should be playable at 2PM Tuesday here in the UK) and the weekend is a bank holiday weekend, so I'll have plenty of time to sink into it.

Bring it on, Xenoblade X!

NateDrake

Hope you guys enjoy it.

But this......

I can understand the game not grabbing you visually, but "ehh" is not the word I'd use to describe the world. The footage shown yesterday in the Treehouse stream was lovely and the environments looked amazing with tons of color and life.

lol

Try to get a save file that will drop you before a boss battle and try to fight it. Take your own conclusions.

I've said it in another thread, but the only mastery required in the first game is knowing how fast to spam your abilities and how to use the party gauge (which only has two uses). They drop a Rock/Paper/Scissors down the line too and bam, that's it.

Not quite I'm a big JRPG fan.
But I got extremely bored at the 3rd dungeon in Persona 4 but I glad I didn't drop it
Because I didn't treat it as a JRPG, more like galgame : )

Okay, that makes more sense =P

If you overload your characters (Dunban) with agility, you can minimize the need to level...

But really, the battle system is pretty fun once you switch away from using Shulk.

Ugh gross. It's shit for me, and there's not a chance of me liking it. No thanks. Back to the bottom of the backlog it goes I guess.

Right on. I've got better JRPGs to get through anyways.

Yeah, no problem. If there was one thing I would change about Xenoblade, it would probably be the
faces
battle system.

Just kidding, I don't care about the faces.

Mikey Jr.

I can understand the game not grabbing you visually, but "ehh" is not the word I'd use to describe the world. The footage shown yesterday in the Treehouse stream was lovely and the environments looked amazing with tons of color and life.

I hope. Like, when I stepped into this, I fell in love. I wanted to explore everything.

All I see from Chronicles is this.

yhLLBjH.png

I guess I'm exaggerating, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom