• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X: preload and data packs available to download

Dogg448

I guess it's as good as time as ever to finally make that 1 TB hard drive I have laying around into an external hard drive for my Wii U.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
How much of an improvement do these packs give? I have enough free space on my internal memory for some of them, but not all of them. Really do not want to have to buy an external hard drive.

Leiru

hey guys can anyone recomend any good 500gb hard drives. i dont really want to get a bigger because of miney and i dont really download that much

JulianImp

Would downloading them help me save some time even if I went digital? There's no way for me to buy a physical copy of the game, but I'm wary about needlessly preloading stuff that is only meant to work with the retail version.

alf717

Going to need an HDD. It is possible to use the internal storage for save data and an HDD for game data storage?

Would downloading them help me save some time even if I went digital? There's no way for me to buy a physical copy of the game, but I'm wary about needlessly preloading stuff that is only meant to work with the retail version.

if going digital all you need to do is download the game it will come with the packs already installed.

Going to need an HDD. It is possible to use the internal storage for save data and an HDD for game data storage?

No games and saves are stored int he same folder cant have them separate.

Tirod

I truly appreciate that Nintendo provides this option for those of us with optical media.

But now I'm curious: just how bad are the load times off a disc without these data installations?

Avallon

My 32GB Wii U doesn't have enough space. What's my best option for external storage? If I'm storing data like this (that I won't be writing over), can I use a 128GB USB drive?

KarmaCow

I'm just trying to download the system update and it's taking forever, I can't imagine the data packs will be any faster.

Can't wait for this game...kinda worried I'll never finish it though. I played a LOT of Xenoblade but I never actually saw the end of that game, just too long.

Nintenleo

I've got a 1TB hard drive for my white Wii U and I don't even know why, because I've filled up less than 25GB of space. So, it's gonna feel good to download 10GB of shit, just to put something in it.

Rootbeer

Banned
I moved most of my rarely used content to my external drive so I can put this content on my internal memory.

Am I right or wrong in assuming that the internal 32GB storage is going to give me faster load times than from an external SSD? Does it make much difference?

.Anema

Downloading this now.
But I'm not really sure to buy it, I want, but the mixed reviews and thoughts about the game are pushing me back. Damn!

RedSwirl

Oh so that's what they're doing... like a partial install I guess?

I didn't hear it correctly during the stream so I assumed they were letting physical customers pre-load the day one patch or whatever. I was going on a bout how every AAA game should be doing that and just make patches publicly available like old PC games used to do.

Actually, isn't that what Nintendo has been doing? Every time a Smash Bros. patch or whatever goes out it shows up on the eShop as a separate "app" that's just free to download.

Pokemaniac

Oh so that's what they're doing... like a partial install I guess?

I didn't hear it correctly during the stream so I assumed they were letting physical customers pre-load the day one patch or whatever. I was going on a bout how every AAA game should be doing that and just make patches publicly available like old PC games used to do.

Actually, isn't that what Nintendo has been doing? Every time a Smash Bros. patch or whatever goes out it shows up on the eShop as a separate "app" that's just free to download.

That's how it works on 3DS. However, 3DS's patching system is really weird due to how the 3DS OS was built up really piecemeal.

I have my 250 GB PS3 internal in an enclosure plugged into my Wii U so I download as much as I can (demos, DLC) to fill it up.

I still have 153 GB left on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's 2015 and I shouldn't think like this, but it's Nintendo and I have this worry that if I download it before my first launch of the game it won't know how to process it

tkscz

I need an external drive =/

Trust me on this, get one of these An internal to external HDD enclosure., then grab one of these, a nice SSD, any size of your liking of course. Put those together and use it on your Wii U. This works so damn good. Some games have loaded faster on this combination than on the WiiU itself.

It's 2015 and I shouldn't think like this, but it's Nintendo and I have this worry that if I download it before my first launch of the game it won't know how to process it

Don't worry, I've done their pre-launch downloads before. It actually starts downloading the game the moment the game is released. Even if your Wii U is turned off.

guek

Banned
Bought, downloading, don't even know why since I won't get to play it for 3 months after launch :-(

Man I hate how much I work these days

Trust me on this, get one of these An internal to external HDD enclosure., then grab one of these, a nice SSD, any size of your liking of course. Put those together and use it on your Wii U. This works so damn good. Some games have loaded faster on this combination than on the WiiU itself.

Don't worry, I've done their pre-launch downloads before. It actually starts downloading the game the moment the game is released. Even if your Wii U is turned off.
too bad there is no way to acquire that specific product in canada

Is it just me, or is it kinda crazy that we can have the game sitting on our HDDs for the next 3 weeks, but can't play it yet?

I mean, I get the purpose of preloading, and it usually doesn't bother me, but 3 weeks is awfully early, and I want to play it now :(

Top Bottom