• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Ah, that's what I thought -- and feared :p. For some reason I can't find the Frontier Net Spot that's north and slightly to the left of NLA. It's driving me nuts. And for other FN Spots I found my Field Level was too low! Arghh

Back to finding other FN Spots then. Thanks for clearing it up btw.
That one is
on top of the giant shoulder-y rock thing, I don't think you can get it until you have the flight pack. Same for the one a bit north of it, and maybe one other northish of that.

Also, unless you get lucky and open a treasure related to a segment topic, data probes are pretty much the only way to increase the completion rate at first. Or killing the right Overed. But those things are kind of ridiculous early on.

kubus

Get the Mechanical Field Skill to 4 (max) asap. The rest aren't that important.
Just leveled up my Blade Level and got Mechanic Lvl to 3. Now I can finally set some probes :D

That one is
on top of the giant shoulder-y rock thing, I don't think you can get it until you have the flight pack. Same for the one a bit north of it, and maybe one other northish of that.

Also, unless you get lucky and open a treasure related to a segment topic, data probes are pretty much the only way to increase the completion rate at first. Or killing the right Overed. But those things are kind of ridiculous early on.
Ahh thanks for telling me XD. I was getting fed up with searching.
Yeah got my butt kicked by those Overeds :p. I upped my Mechanic skill now so hopefully I can get those last %s now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
iuytqtgauaKlo.jpg
3rd continent, just some scenery.

TheMoon

Anyways, are there sound effects and rumble on the gamepad for this game?

Yes (sound effects at least, would be shocked if there were no rumble). Can someone confirm rumble?

Any of you gonna put up an impressions thread or something similar when more people start to finish the game? Excited to hear how you all like it, especially when it comes to story and how it compares to earlier Xeno games.

Why a separate impressions thread? That's exactly what this thread is for. There are several impressions linked in the OP, btw.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yes (sound effects at least, would be shocked if there were no rumble). Can someone confirm rumble?

Why a separate impressions thread? That's exactly what this thread is for. There are several impressions linked in the OP, btw.
There's no rumble, both on the Gamepad and the Wii U Controller Pro.

aravuus

No idea. Lol. I just recall seeing some for other import games, though they may have been lacking import OTs.

I suppose I'll pop back in after a couple of weeks for some complete story impressions

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No idea. Lol. I just recall seeing some for other import games, though they may have been lacking import OTs.

I suppose I'll pop back in after a couple of weeks for some complete story impressions
Yeah, those exist just because no one wants to make a proper OT.

Netto-kun

You have more than one?
Yeah, I bought two more Dolls for Elma and Lynn to use while I have the initial one that was given when I got the Doll License.

Gotta say the boss fights in chapter 8, 9 and 10 were really tense. Now I just have to level up my avatar to 41 to start chapter 11.
Two screenshots from the fourth continent.

Kind of wish the character limit for Doll name was a tad longer. Missing a "1" for the Mastema.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_011bsuz.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sgsvu.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bfsgs.jpg
]

TheMoon

I believe there's a spoiler thread

There is. Link is in the OP. But that's not really an "impressions" thread either. You go there, you lose (unless you want to be spoiled). Many have fallen victim to it due to weakness. We shall name our Dolls after them.

Fandangox

There is. Link is in the OP. But that's not really an "impressions" thread either. You go there, you lose (unless you want to be spoiled). Many have fallen victim to it due to weakness. We shall name our Dolls after them.

Please make my doll namesake have the colors of the Italian FIFA team, its my only wish.

scarlet

I never played Xenoblade series. My questions is, can I customize the dolls? Like the colors and everything? or is there a restriction?

I never played Xenoblade series. My questions is, can I customize the dolls? Like the colors and everything? or is there a restriction?
As far as colors, you're still restricted to the pre-set distributions of the colors on the different parts, (ie. you can't make one arm green and one arm blue) but you can change colors to whatever you like, including sheen.

You can customize all the weapons on the Doll, each having 8 slots. (2 hand, 2 arm, 2 shoulder and 2 spare/back.) You can also name the Dolls whatever you wish.

Raide

So do you guys think we'll have to wait until E3 to get worldwide release date info? :(

I am guessing so. Would be nice to have another Nintendo Direct and they announce the date being June/July but my horrible gut feeling is they will say its either Oct/Nov or 2016.

scarlet

As far as colors, you're still restricted to the pre-set distributions of the colors on the different parts, (ie. you can't make one arm green and one arm blue) but you can change colors to whatever you like, including sheen.

You can customize all the weapons on the Doll, each having 8 slots. (2 hand, 2 arm, 2 shoulder and 2 spare/back.) You can also name the Dolls whatever you wish.

As far as know, you can change colors and weapons.

Edit: Beaten

So the type of the dolls is a default, not like build your own doll from scratch?

More like the gears from Xenogears, but you can change the colors, name, and weapons?

So the type of the dolls is a default, not like build your own doll from scratch?

More like the gears from Xenogears, but you can change the colors, name, and weapons?
Yeah, the models are preset, but there's a bunch of them, with more still to be released. A new one just came out in Japan from a boss event.

TheMoon

So do you guys think we'll have to wait until E3 to get worldwide release date info? :(

Yes, should be obvious at this point. They won't reveal any new stuff before E3 now and next week there'll be a Splatoon Direct, effectively signaling this will be the last one before E3 happens.

It's safe to say E3 will be the English debut of the game with at least a slightly more nailed down release than "later this year." Maybe we even get a concrete month! :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
On one hand, it's sort of interesting just because it enforces the fact that these are unique people living their lives, not just drones twiddling their thumbs back at base, but there should be some sort of central com that lets you add anyone you want to your party. Maybe in a patch they'll implement it.

Nah, they'd have to have committed to that. As it is, they're standing in the same spot 24/7. Just drones twiddling their thumbs back at base, but spread out across the area.

I am guessing so. Would be nice to have another Nintendo Direct and they announce the date being June/July but my horrible gut feeling is they will say its either Oct/Nov or 2016.

The longer it takes, the more it seems like this will be one of their linchpin holiday titles.
Can't wait that long...

Unlocked Chapter 4. Enjoyed the two affinity/kizuna quests that I did too, some nice colour there.

I have to say though the decision to have the party members be recruited individually each time you want them in your party is just bizarre and already annoying me. It's just such an in-elegant solution. Once invited to join you once, I think you absolutely should be able to call them up and add them to your party at any time. They don't need to even give an explanation for how it works in a world were Skip Travel is a thing, either.

One of the Kizuna Quests required one party member to not join, which is fair enough. But after the quest was over, I had to go find them again and invite him to come with me. Sure, he was in the same spot, but it's just inconvenient and sticks out especially among some of the other time-saving measures in the game.

Unlocked Chapter 4. Enjoyed the two affinity/kizuna quests that I did too, some nice colour there.

I have to say though the decision to have the party members be recruited individually each time you want them in your party is just bizarre and already annoying me. It's just such an in-elegant solution. Once invited to join you once, I think you absolutely should be able to call them up and add them to your party at any time. They don't need to even give an explanation for how it works in a world were Skip Travel is a thing, either.

Yeah watching streams, this seemed really weird to me. Just a time waster really.

Hiltz

One of the Kizuna Quests required one party member to not join, which is fair enough. But after the quest was over, I had to go find them again and invite him to come with me. Sure, he was in the same spot, but it's just inconvenient and sticks out especially among some of the other time-saving measures in the game.

Yeah, it sounds like Monolith Soft could have streamlined this to make it more convenient to the player.

Yeah, it sounds like Monolith Soft could have streamlined this to make it more convenient to the player.

Even if I could have, say, up to 8 people "traveling" with me (and only 4 'active' at a time) it'd be so much better, I feel. Most of all, it makes trying out the different combinations of team members really inefficient.

Hiltz

Even if I could have, say, up to 8 people "traveling" with me (and only 4 'active' at a time) it'd be so much better, I feel. Most of all, it makes trying out the different combinations of team members really inefficient.

That's disappointing to hear. Any other major complaints you have with the game so far?

chadboban

That is disappointing to hear. Especially with the size of the game I thought Monolithsoft would've made something like this easier. Hopefully they're open to patches to make these things less of a hassle for the player.

Raide

That is disappointing to hear. Especially with the size of the game I thought Monolithsoft would've made something like this easier. Hopefully they're open to patches to make these things easier for the player.

It seems like a design choice, so I am not sure they can really patch that kind of thing in. There are certainly some choices within the game that are mean to lengthen your playtime.

Vena

Simple oversight leads to the greatest of inconveniences.

Vena

One of my friends is joting down impressions, she binged the game to story close and is pumped, haha. Ill post them later today.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Still only in Chapter 4, but goddamn do they keep running the dumb joke about your obligatory anime goofy furball companion into the ground. Like nonstop. The constant back and forth between it and Lyn (sp?) is just a bit too stereotypical anime for me.

I generally like all of the other characters I've encountered so far, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I wish the AI was not so fucking stupid that they keep dragging other enemies around.

It really feels like the AI went backwards in some sense compared to like Xenoblade. I wonder if they did that on purpose to push folks to play more MP. Since dear god does it piss me off having to micro manage them at times to get them to back the fuck off and stay by me or else drag everything else together.

Most of the commands they have too are fairly useless.

Its funny Im ignoring the story and am about lv 40 now, though I really should get my doll since a lot of the resource points I need to fly to get to.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like a design choice, so I am not sure they can really patch that kind of thing in. There are certainly some choices within the game that are mean to lengthen your playtime.

I imagine it would be easy to allow it.

You have a party management option accessible from the start button menu, but it only lets you remove or rearrange the members already in your party. If they just let you add people not in your party from that screen, everything would be great.

It's just ridiculous as it is. Makes me not want to do any of the Kizuna quests because they force you to not have certain members in your party, which means you'll just have to run back after the quest is done and re-recruit them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Did you tried the battle commands ? (3 pages of them)
I'm asking this because not a lot of streamers aware or was using them.
Maybe those commands could help the AI to get better.

Unless you can actually set them to start off a certain way, its still fairly useless for the most part. I mostly use the get your ass back here and concentrate on this target commands. The other stuff like get out of your dolls etc since i dont have mine yet it doesnt really matter.

Im still trying to figure out the hate system, since its a bit odd how easy the enemy changes targets off of the loli tank. Wonder if the enemy AI specifically attacks the lowest lv members constantly on purpose.

Even when I tested it out myself, seemed a bit random with pulling hate and such. Its been bugging me for a while, since in MMOs I usually play a tank and if the game works the same way the damage output + taunting should generally keep the enemies on me. As only Elma can out damage me if she hits multiple crits after buffing herself up.

Due to this I took off the taunting abilities for now and just went for more damage and defensive buff for when in a bind. Since Im usually always fighting stuff a 5-8 levels higher than I am depending on the monster type.

Other small issue with the title is how the battle system works, it relies far too much on doing what the AI tells you to with the skills otherwise you will not be doing optimal damage. Big difference from the original Xenoblade. Not as big of a fan with this system as the previous game.

Everything else with the title is pretty great and most def one of the gems of 2015.

aravuus

Well, they fixed the long enemy turn times in S.T.E.A.M, I'm gonna stay optimistic!

I know, totally different people etc, just saying that it being a design choice doesn't mean devs won't fix it, especially if people complain

One of my friends is joting down impressions, she binged the game to story close and is pumped, haha. Ill post them later today.

Can't wait!

Top Bottom