• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Games releasing Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed/ Ys VI for PC this spring

Volcynika

https://twitter.com/FinalMacstorm/status/581131666082627584

Waiting for the press release for rest of us plebs, but looks like that's what their tease was. Steam at the minimum, and they have expanded to GOG recently too.

Ys VI

Formerly only available in North America on the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable systems, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim delivers a storyline rich with memorable characters and themes on top of engaging hack-and-slash action RPG gameplay that would go on to influence later Ys titles, setting the foundation that series favorites Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin were later built upon. Complete with the original high-resolution graphics and full USB controller support, the PC version of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim introduces brand-new features exclusive to this PC version that aim to create a modernized gameplay experience more in line with later Ys entries. Among these features are full widescreen support, the ability to warp among checkpoints, and an optional “Catastrophe Mode” in which healing items can’t be purchased or stored and are instead used automatically on pickup.

Akiba's Trip: U&U

In Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed, players take an eclectic trip through a meticulous recreation of Tokyo’s “Electric Town” district, Akihabara (Akiba for short), where they will engage in real-time action RPG-style battles against vampiric foes called “Synthisters” who prey on the district’s anime- and game-obsessed patrons. They feast on their victims’ social energy and will to live rather than their blood, and only direct exposure to sunlight can stop them in their tracks. So, naturally, the logical thing to do is strip them down to their skivvies and watch them melt away!

In addition to Steam achievements and USB controller support, the PC edition of Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed offers the built-in “Visual Editor” feature from the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system version of the game, which makes it possible to completely alter the game’s appearance either through a series of preset visual filters or through individual toggles and sliders for each aspect of the game’s lighting and rendering systems.

chrono01

I'm not going to lie, I was hoping for the official announcement for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, especially after this morning's NicoNico broadcast. So yeah, I'm disappointed. :(

Akiba's Trip 2 is great, but I'm content with the Vita/PS3/PS4 versions.

Excellent. I have to say though that I was going to buy Akiba's Trip on PS4 when I get paid next week. Maybe I should wait since money is tight.

L~A

Black dude: XSEED
Cat: me.

1404741856571fgua9.gif

More Ys on PC, yeah :D

Yes! One more Ys game!

And it's coming pretty soon too, when they teased VI I thought we wouldn't see it until later this year.

Also, how's Akiba's Trip? I heard some people liked it.

Catastrophe Mode sounds really fun, so long as that makes sense for boss encounters and exploration. I've no doubt Sara can do a good job updating AoN for a newer audience.

Interesting to hear XSEED's behind Akiba's Trip on PC too.

Volcynika

Hatsuu is the best

アドルの軌跡 @Hatsuu
basically catastrophe mode is taking the item system from felghana/origin and stuffing it in ys vi because no stockable items = suffering

アドルの軌跡 @Hatsuu
WE GOT YOUR WIDESCREEN, WE GOT YOUR BRAND NEW DIFFICULTY [CATASTROPHE MODE], WE GOT YOUR WARPING, WE GOT ADOL being moe okay that's just me

New difficulty HYPE.

More Ys is always a great thing. I have all the steam releases and will buy Ys 6 day one! I don't know what Akiba's Trip is. I'll google it and see what thats about.

Akiba's Trip is coming with Steam achievements + USB controller support, along with its Visual Filter system.

I was hoping Xanadu Next would be next on the release schedule.
Something like that probably needs time for incubation, since it's not a Ys title Steam users would be more familiar with.

WE GOT YOUR WARPING

They actually added warping and basically fixed the only reason I didn't want to revist the game? HOLY SHIT YES!

If you haven't played VI, you have no idea how much better the game is going to thanks to checkpoint warping.

Cool, I'll grab up AT, didn't enjoy Ys VI as much as other entries but happy others get to play it cause it's still Ys and Ys is awesome.

Tizoc

They only have one PC programmer, and she's been super busy.

I wish I had some pro programming skills so I can join XSEED and help her out with the programming =(
Speaking of which have they ever written about the challenges of getting these games working for non-JP PCs?

studyguy

I fucking love Akiba's Trip.

God damn. Ghostlight needs to finish Way of the Samurai 4 too!
It's listed for march 2015 and we're almost done with the month.

All these quirky Japanese titles coming to steam, oh my.
They should put Deception on PC too!

Aeana

More Ys is always good news, even more when its one I never had a chance to play.

Is that person you? :p
No, Sara is her name. She's posted on here before. She's been responsible for modernizing and updating all of the Steam releases so far.

It's more that Sara's not an XSEED employee and thus has work outside that she'd been having to balance with anything XSEED commissions her to work on. So extra props to her for making their recent PC releases top-notch!

Any Deception games on PC would be a great move, but I'm very skeptical Koei-Tecmo would do them justice porting-wise.

Wagram

"Among these features are full widescreen support, the ability to warp among checkpoints, and an optional “Catastrophe Mode” in which healing items can’t be purchased or stored and are instead used automatically on pickup."

The true Ys way is not not healing items at all. I imposed that restriction on myself in Celceta and it made the game that much better.

Top Bottom