• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xsx and xss confirmed to be Wifi 5

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Check my edit. Sorry if I'm a bit worked up, but a handful of people quoted me in another thread about the same issue, and were basically trying to troll me for saying this. I just feel that wired is the way to go, otherwise you are compromising. And I get that some people can't go wired, completely understandable. But it was people 5m away from the router trying to tell me that wireless is better than wired, while being walking distance from the router lol. Smh
No worries, we all know how serious the internet can be.

Everything is a compromise. Wired limits the number of devices you can connect, increases the difficulty of moving routers or clients around, it not always a practical possibility (as you note), and increases the risk of idiot children (or pets or drunk roommates, whatever) tripping over cables. The question is whether the downsides of wireless are worth the convenience. With 802.11ax, those downsides have the potential to be negligible (and also limits the upsides). People make choices for whatever reasons and no-one wants to think that their reasons are fallible. These days wireless is mainstream, but it'll be a long time before wired networking gear disappears from the consumer space entirely (I hope).

No worries, we all know how serious the internet can be.

Everything is a compromise. Wired limits the number of devices you can connect, increases the difficulty of moving routers or clients around, it not always a practical possibility (as you note), and increases the risk of idiot children (or pets or drunk roommates, whatever) tripping over cables. The question is whether the downsides of wireless are worth the convenience. With 802.11ax, those downsides have the potential to be negligible (and also limits the upsides). People make choices for whatever reasons and no-one wants to think that their reasons are fallible. These days wireless is mainstream, but it'll be a long time before wired networking gear disappears from the consumer space entirely (I hope).
I'm sorry for coming off that way. I have no problem apologizing, I honestly thought you were trying to troll me, based on previous replies in this very thread from other people. Wifi 6 is definitely an improvement over wifi 5. It'll be a while before wired is completely replaced by wireless, whether it be Bluetooth, wifi, or even wireless charging. But there have been great strides in the right direction.

Last edited:
This guy is a complete fucking moron. He derived my conversation earlier once I called him on his "Wireless in both is shit" out to Wireless vs Wired and now he is pretending to be some genius.

He has no fucking knowledge of Networking protocols or how the game is coded. Obviously developers are not going to code to high latency if you far from your Wireless AP or Router.

He sounds unbelievably dull and stupid.

I am a Cisco Certified Network Professional, I have been working in Networking for 10 years now. I manage a client with 615 sites nation wide. With Routers/Wireless AP/WLC and Firewalls.

I am not going to waste my time tearing him a new asshole trying to educate on full-duplex/half duplex.
I called you out in the thread earlier.

Here's proof

Is wifi 6 faster than wired? My initial response in this thread is about how wired is better than wireless. You quoted me. Not the other way around.

So please provide factual evidence, to prove your petty claims.

Is wifi 6 faster? No

Does wifi 6 have less latency? No

So how is it better M Max_Po ?

I even sent you a PM asking you to prove me wrong on wired vs wireless (and yes wireless on both are shit compared to wired, so don't try to move goalposts).

You didn't respond earlier, so here's your chance.

Rip me a new asshole and take me to school like you claim you can. I'd love to see all this "experience" defy the laws of physics. I'll wait...

Last edited:

Tygeezy

You’re still going to want to use Ethernet if you can. I have a moca adapter to tap into the coax line that gives a very fast and stable connection for my entertainment center that is just too far away to get reliable speed from my router.

Last edited:
Top Bottom