• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 shows "PS4 Console Exclusive". Coming to PC? (Nah)

Thought I mention this but King of Fighters XIV also had a PS4 Console Exclusive Label.

91OkHLYP-3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And it still has a strong chance of coming to PC, seeing as multiple KOF games are already on Steam.

If series like Way of the Samurai (which I adore) were feasible to bring over to Steam, then I don't see why the Yakuza series couldn't find some success on there.

Spaghetti

SEGA did say they had plans to announce more regarding PC releases in 2017 later in the year.

Honestly, it's about time if it does come to PC. It's just another way to help sustain the series in the West, so any fan of Yakuza should hopefully be pretty stoked if the market opens up to a whole other set of potential buyers.

If this is true, I don't understand why companies want to stealth release their games on PC, at sometimes several months to years after the console version comes out. I'm sure Sega has better means of properly disclosing what platforms their game will come out on, without having people on a message board investigate box art logos. Seems silly.

I think it's mostly because they want their options open and they aren't contractually obligated to release it on one platform.

Hexa

I remember when someone noticed this for Dragon Quest Heroes and everyone was like "don't read too much into the labeling" and then it came out for PC.

I think VC on on PC outsold the console version by a fuck ton lol. Am I right?

It's impossible to know. You can look at steamspy sales which represents the complete sales of a game worldwide. Versus, maybe the first few weeks of the game in one region in Japan which doesn't even include all sales if it's distribution (be it physical or digital)

Corpekata

Banned
If this is true, I don't understand why companies want to stealth release their games on PC, at sometimes several months to years after the console version comes out. I'm sure Sega has better means of properly disclosing what platforms their game will come out on, without having people on a message board investigate box art logos. Seems silly.

I think it's mostly because they want their options open and they aren't contractually obligated to release it on one platform.

You can not get why they do, but it doesn't change the fact that they do do it, like all the time. A ton of them just like go "oh yeah, Arslan is coming to PC too" that only gets noticed because an icon is at the end of the trailer. Hell I remember one game's PC release being discovered because of press on like a Brazillian facebook post (which still had lots of people trying to deny it in the thread).

Or the Valkyria Chronicles port being discovered because of an ESRB / PEGI rating.

I don't think they are going for a "stealth" release as much as it's probably not day and date and they might announce it in a while.

gelf

I remember when someone noticed this for Dragon Quest Heroes and everyone was like "don't read too much into the labeling" and then it came out for PC.
I say it in this case because I never trust Sega to port thier Japanese made games in any kind of reasonable time frame if at all. They may tell us its being considered and then we never hear of it again.

Which reminds me, I don't recall seeing "Only on PlayStation" on the Persona 5 box either.

Hmmmmm....

The day when ATLUS decides to put Persona on PC is the day when Half Life 3 gets announced

I'm joking of course but I would love see Persona on PC but I know that's never happening

If this is true, I don't understand why companies want to stealth release their games on PC, at sometimes several months to years after the console version comes out.

the console version typically already exists, "traditional" marketing is more of a (imo) thing for console versions anyway

i mean edf4.1 pc announce time was very short and it sold well
they probably need more time to implement specific pc options; it won't be day and date

everything square enix, japanese, most japanese games from now on will be multiplatform in time

anyone not aware hasn't been paying attention
except for 3ds titles, cause porting

Corpekata

Banned
After how terribly Yakuza 1 & 2 HD bombed on WiiU, there is 0 chance they put it on a Nintendo console ever again.

I don't know if that's true. The Wii U clearly has a lot of baggage in regards to the bombing. If the NX is a hit, I can see them trying again. Though anything around launch is unlikely.

They released the Yakuza remasters on the Wii U!? That seems like insanity. Although I guess Nintendo made it happen.
Yup. I think it sold about a miserable 2,000 copies week 1. Would've been better spent spending the money to insert the English translation into the game and selling it WW.

Mechazawa

Sega, the world's foremost developer of PC strategy games, putting a game from the makers of Binary Domain on Steam.

Vs.

The label is different in other regions.

I know which bet I'm taking.

Grief.exe

I always thought Yakuza would be a good target for a PC port.

Would find a solid audience on PC and has no justification for staying exclusive.

Dammit, Sega. You're willing to port everything to PC except for Vanquish.

Platinum was teasing it.

Atlus doesn't like $$$ so it ain't happening. They don't care about dollars outside of Japan.

Atlus are now owned by a publicly traded company.

sigh... good job keeping your exclusives sony...

Sunk cost fallacy > more people enjoying games

Zanzura

sigh... good job keeping your exclusives sony...

So far, being PS exclusive hasn't worked out at all for Sega when it comes to sales in the west. Of all the platform choices, I think Yakuza should do well on PC as that playerbase has historically been able to recognize quality in niche titles like Yakuza and purchased them in droves.

Hope its just an error and it doesnt come to PC

I don't understand this mentality, especially for Yakuza. You may as well say, "I hope this series continues to fail in sales, and remains niche forever."

Nzyme32

Sega, the world's foremost developer of PC strategy games, putting a game from the makers of Binary Domain on Steam.

Vs.

The label is different in other regions.

I know which bet I'm taking.

Well I understand people being dubious of Amazon listings and pictures, but this being on the official website as well as just being updated on Amazon in such close proximity, certain makes it much more likely in my book

Hope its just an error and it doesnt come to PC

In which case several sites including the official one are having an error that coincidentally happened in a very small time frame

CtT18wOXYAA3DvO.jpg

epmode

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyesyesyesyesyseeseyesyseysyeswhgyds

PC ports for everything! Forwards compatibility is great.

Top Bottom