• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Pachimari

So Yakuza localization:

Yakuza 3 (disc only)
Yakuza 4 (PSN only)
Dead Souls (PSN only, already available on disc in EU for months)
Yakuza 5 (coming exclusively to PSN)

?

Carnby

Digital only? Damn it.

I don't own a ps3 anymore, but if a Y5 got a physical release I would buy it day one. I am not buying a digital copy for a system I do not own.

G0523

Fucking finally! I don't even care that it's only available on PSN! We're finally getting Yakuza 5! I never thought this would happen! Thank you, Sega and Sony!

MoosiferX

Today. It is the best day.

I started playing through the Japanese version a while back and then stopped because a tiny part of me still believed it would see an English release. This is so effing great!

Also: YAKUZA YAY! CAPS!

Uthred

Digital only? Damn it.

I don't own a ps3 anymore, but if a Y5 got a physical release I would buy it day one. I am not buying a digital copy for a system I do not own.

But you'd buy a physical copy for a system you dont own? At least the reasons for people not buying a digital version are getting more entertaining

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know 3 was going to be on PSN. thought it was only 4 and Dead Souls. Nice!

It's not from what I can see, only 4 and Dead Souls and you're right, they didn't announce 3 for PSN either.

You should probably play the one before.

GOOD NEWS, 3 and 4 just hit PSN Today.

Get in there.

3 isn't the best : it's slow and kinda... meh,but has amazing highs.

4 is the best game ever

I actually prefer 3 over 4. I also adore the start of that game, it shows a very different side to Kaz and takes its time. I also prefer its story overall.

IrishNinja

swear to fuck, i get that Y5 OT ima treat physical-only crowd like filthy port beggars

Buy you'd buy a physical copy for a system you dont own? At least the reasons for people not buying a digital version are getting more entertaining

ahaha, this

they just need to go ahead and rerelease yakuza 2 while they are at it...or the HD version. Yakuza 2 is like 80 dollars online

jesus, really? didn't know it was that bad...i also missed out when playasia had 1/2 HD for like $40 or less, still high on my import list

Sgblues

Well if people would want physical copies so much, then a petition should be setup for it, even if its limited copies, it should do well if people are serious about buying them hopefully.

Usobuko

Banned
Well if people would want physical copies so much, then a petition should be setup for it, even if its limited copies, it should do well if people are serious about buying them hopefully.

I really think this is a small proportion and it gives Sega too much trouble for bringing in a extremely niche game.

jesus, really? didn't know it was that bad...i also missed out when playasia had 1/2 HD for like $40 or less, still high on my import list

Yakuza 2 is 16 dollars at gamestop, if you can find it. I have been looking for like 2 years and have never seen it in stock used

Sgblues

I really think this is a small proportion and it gives Sega too much trouble for bringing in a extremely niche game.

Ah well just trying to quell some of the complaints though I'm sure people would just continue complaining or complain about something else.

Carnby

Buy you'd buy a physical copy for a system you dont own? At least the reasons for people not buying a digital version are getting more entertaining

Because if I physically own a game, I know it will (should) work when I eventually buy a ps3. PSN support for PS devices does not last forever. Sony already pulled the plug on PSN support for PSP.

JayEH

I'm just happy that they're releasing it. I don't care it's digital only. If you want future physical releases, you need to show Sega that there's an audience for this.

Clov

It would be pretty neat if they did a limited physical print for the game. Something not available at retail, but through an online store or something. Sort of like what Gaijinworks is doing for Class of Heroes 2G on PS3, or what NISA is doing for The Firefly Diary on Vita.

Terra_Ex

Fuck yes, will be buying day 1! Sega making some fantastic strides lately,very impressed. Now to go and check this is actually real life.

IrishNinja

it's not really likely but hey, i'd sign it too, why not

Yakuza 2 is 16 dollars at gamestop, if you can find it. I have been looking for like 2 years and have never seen it in stock used

damn man, i wish you luck in your quest...most GS's out here liquidated their PS2 stock early this year too

I am still pretty friggin' shocked but I can't wait.

Like I know beggars can't be choosers but yeah I do wish they landed it for PS4 :lol.

cj_iwakura

To be honest, I don't care if they skip Ishin. And given how shaky the series is in the west, I wouldn't even mind if they did skip it. Yakuza Zero is the next important game in the series. We need the mainline entries far more than the spinoffs.

I only want the spinoffs if we're definitely getting the next mainline entry.

I agree, this is way more crucial. Story looks phenomenal as well. That said, I'd take Ishin too.

Heh, I navigated away from the stream and started the US trailer and was wondering why Order 1886 had such awesome music.

Deepo

I have something in my eyes.

Finally time to play Yakuza 4 then!

Best news this year for me, gaming wise.

NastyBook

Whoever said they haven't finished Yakuza 4 needs to do so IMMEDIATELY. The cutscenes that lead up to every playable character's final fight is some manly business.

Love, love, love how Sony refuses to let their older consoles die like dogs, the way the competition does. Buying this Day one.

Uthred

Because if I physically own a game, I know it will (should) work when I eventually buy a ps3. PSN support for PS devices does not last forever. Sony already pulled the plug on PSN support for PSP.

What an amazingly disingenuous statement, theres no longer a PSN store for the PSP but you can still purchase content via the online store, and more importantly for this, you can still download any past content you have purchased. But hey its your money, do what you want, I still find the mental gymnastics that result in "Physical copy for system I dont own=Yes", "Digital copy for system I dont own=Hell no" amusing.

Do you expect Sony to pay for a PS4 port of a game that's already not going to sell spectacularly? Because Sega sure isn't gonna fund it.

it's gonna sell even worse because no one cares about a Ps3 port for it. There's a new PlayStation in town and it's been here for a year, by the time this game releases it'll have a good enough install base to have justified a port

Carnby

What an amazingly disingenuous statement, theres no longer a PSN store for the PSP but you can still purchase content via the online store, and more importantly for this, you can still download any past content you have purchased. But hey its your money, do what you want, I still find the mental gymnastics that result in "Physical copy for system I dont own=Yes", "Digital copy for system I dont own=Hell no" amusing.

I'm glad you are amused.

disingenuous: not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Did you throw a dart at a dictionary?

Petrae

I understand why this situation is what it is. Digital is really the cheapest way to make Yakuza 5 happen. I'm disappointed that I won't be playing it, but I'm not mad about it. Digital is better than no release at all, and at least many people who want to play it will be able to.

I just don't do digital myself for full-priced games. It's a conscious decision based on factors that are important to me (resale, data caps, limited storage space).

Petitions won't change a thing. It's very much a "You're lucky you're getting it at all" scenario, and fans will take what they can get.

So stoked about this. I was really late to pick up 4 but I never got round to playing it after word came out that 5 wouldn't be localised. It killed the enthusiasm I had for the series, I really didn't want to play when I wouldn't be able to play the next one. Gonna start up 4 in the next few days now :D

Is there any hope for the Wii U Yakuza games to be localized now?

Not a chance unless hell freezes over. The Wii U ports of 1 and 2 sold terribly in Japan where the series is popular. It'll probably sell even worse over here :(

I'm really glad this game is getting any kind of port. I've already spent 150 hours on the Japanese version of the game and I'll gladly play it all over again. I'll never 100% the trophy list though, the 100% mini game completion on this game is even worse than 3!

JayEH

You can still download games you own for PSP.

Top Bottom