• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I had nearly given up hope on Y5. Was gonna watch a playthrough.

SO glad I didn't and can experience this spoiler free!!!! :) :)

Tizoc

It needs saying again and AGAIN
kiryu_kazuma_in_fukuoka___yakuza_5_by_betka-d53nxji.jpg

HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
wait, where was 4's localization cheapened out on? i recall it being pretty good, by uh, let's say Suikoden 2 standards
It seemed like the people who'd translated the previous games weren't all/on for 4 cause there were some inconsistancies with previous games a big one being everyone calling Kage "Florist" when they'd never done that in 1-3. There were some typos an misinformation. Plus some sloppy mistakes like part of a sentence being unreadable due to some of the text overflowing offscreen and an npc saying one thing and Kazuma I think saying the exact same line (and not in that japanese repeat sentence in question form either, it made no sense him saying it). Not a horrid translation but it did feel abit "off" compared to the previous games.

edit: digital only?? well I'm out. enjoy the game guys!

IrishNinja

JUST TEXTED MY FRIEND HE'SCRYING

YOUR FRIEND IS A GREAT PERSON

Yaaaaayyyyyy... good thing I traded my PS3 in for a PS4. Now just localize Yakuza 6.

8gCyj8a.gif

you must never do this
you must never do this

pretty much what i expected - honestly? ill import the physical when i can get a deal on it, but given sega's moves in the last year or so, this makes sense & was pretty big of them. day fuckin' one.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It had really better not be digital only. I refuse to buy DD games on consoles, especially anything over $15.

I'll buy it anyway, but I'll still be angry about it.

If you refused to buy this damn game, after the sales the others have had, purely because it was digital I would beat the living shit out of you with a rubber hose.

Maybe not but I would TUT LOUDLY SIR

t26

Please don't butcher it like Yakuza 3!

Please don't cheap out on the localization like Yakuza 4!

That said I'll lovingly take the latter over the former if it comes down to it!

Yakuza 4 wasn't cheap out. They only thing they removed was the quiz game. They include all 10 hostess so almost nothing was cut.

Christhor

I do not give a single fuck about it being digitally only. And if you guys want more of these localised, you won't either.

I love how, when no announcement is made, people clamor and bitch, and moan that it's not coming. "Why has SEGA forsaken us? Throw some subtitles on it, PSN Onlyl, just give us the game!" Then, we get the announcement and lo-and-behold it's digital only.

"Welp, fuck it, no sale. I just GOTTA HAVE MY CASE."

If we want any chance of a future for this franchise, after how many tries SEGA has given us, people need to pony up and fucking buy it.

Digital only is bullshit. No import for me I guess.

There's ways around it. I have Ishin from JPN PSN. Wonder how I did that?

Sgblues

Well I have two physical copies of Ryu Ga Gotoku 5, so I don't mind that Y5 would be digital but I would like to have a real copy as well so it would look good in my collection hehe.

At first I was like,

SwJAbYD.gif

And then I saw the official press release,

PphFfA1.gif

OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!

Sucks it's digital only, but that's fine. Just give me Ishin now, Sega.

Do it. DO IT.

AHindD

OMG OMG OMG OMG this legit the best news I've heard in such a long time, tears and yells of joy :)
Please for the love of Christ though release yakuza 0!

IrishNinja

Digital only is bullshit. No import for me I guess.

...do you guys realize how well this shit sells, though
this isn't namco/etc type hyper-inflated-for-a-niche-series-expectations; we're talking about steven seagal's "more songs from the crystal cave" hitting itunes for the dozens of people checking for that, and you're out here demanding the vinyl

Well I have two physical copies of Ryu Ga Gotoku 5, so I don't mind that Y5 would be digital but I would like to have a real copy as well so it would look good in my collection hehe.

bruh lemme hol one of them physicals tho

Considering I'd given up hope of ever getting to play this in the first place, I find myself not too bothered by digital-only. It's not ideal, but I'm still there day 1.

Don't do that to yourself. We get to play the game! That is what matters.

I live by a strict rule: If a game gets a retail release somewhere in the world, then I'll only get it if it has a retail release here.

I still haven't gotten the 3DS Phoenix Wright games, the first Senran Kagura game and Yumi's Odd Odyssey because of it.

It's a bit ridiculous I know, but I hate buying digital games.

Top Bottom