• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 will cost $39.99, 15% discount to those who pre-order digitally

dreamfall

I can not wait! We made it! It could've been full price and I would've gladly thrown down money for the digital preorder!

Tizoc

God bless "#Buildingthelist campaign"

T_T Never knew this day would come.

Now let's all request Yakuza Zero to be localized!

You want that to happen you're gonna need to convince a bunch of PS3 owners to buy this game.
Pref. at gun point, or at the threat of getting Komaki Dragon Parry-ed.

Do these games require knowing the characters and storylines from past games or are they more like GTA where you can just jump in anywhere?

Do these games require knowing the characters and storylines from past games or are they more like GTA where you can just jump in anywhere?

It's one continuous story, but there's a series recap included with each game. It hits on the major plot points for each entry.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So in Yakuza 5 you can play Virtua Fighter 2 at Club SEGA, and you can play it online against other people.

Needless to say I'm gonna be beat-knuckling and win-pose glitching up a storm when this drops.

Does anyone know if it shares servers with the standalone PSN release for VF2?

Hasney

Gonna pick it up for free when its a PS+ game.

tumblr_inline_nevldm53Io1qlqs6p.gif

About the same amount of edge as Waluigi too.

Tizoc

What's the EU price gonna be? 30 Pounds excluding discount? Either way PUT IT UP FOR PRE-ORDER ALREADY SO I CAN GIVE YOU MY QUIDS!

HarryKS

Gonna be 10 $ in a future PSN sale. Still going through Yakuza 3, 5 years after starting.

Still got YDS AND Y4 in wraps.

Gonna buy full price though. El stupido me.

Is it just me or is the US PSN store down? If not, I guess they can't take the heat of Western Yakuza fanboys!!1

Edit: works again

delSai

This is probably the last chance Yakuza has in the west, let's all show support.

Man i'm going to spend so much time just playing Virtua Fighter.

It's going to be £29.99 on the UK store at a guess. If it is then I'll just buy the game on the US store using my yanky account. No point being a victim to Sony's bullshit currency converting.

Ugh. I don't mind paying a little extra for this, but it will be thoroughly annoying if we get the shaft on pricing.

It'll put people off and make Sega even more reluctant to translate future entries for the EU.

There are optional recap cutscenes at the start of every Yakuza game so you won't get lost in the continuity.

You could just jump in but unless you aren't bothered by 'hello there [character who hasn't been seen since Y2' moments you should probably get caught up somehow.

that's not how it WORKS

Unfortunately that's how it works when you look at your finances and have to budget for games. =(

Luckily Yakuza is my favorite series so I'm just waiting for that preorder button. Metal Gear can go shove it. It'll be successful even if I wait for a price drop on Phantom Pain.

Sorry for the off-topic.
I always wanted to start playing the yakuza series.
Should I start with the first one on ps2?

If it's easy to get. If not, start at 3, watch the recaps and move into 4.

Cess007

Hope people really support this game

Didn't quite remember well, but when Yakuza 4 was put on the PS Store last year, i think it didn't even crack the Top 10 of sales that month :(

Top Bottom