• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 will cost $39.99, 15% discount to those who pre-order digitally

Kyolux

It's one continuous story, but there's a series recap included with each game. It hits on the major plot points for each entry.

They didn't include one in this one, unfortunately.

Source : me playing it in 2013. So I may misremember this. But I doubt it.

Tizoc

Gonna be 10 $ in a future PSN sale. Still going through Yakuza 3, 5 years after starting.

Still got YDS AND Y4 in wraps.

Gonna buy full price though. El stupido me.

No you're not stupid.
You're doing the series and the Yakuza fanbase a service.
Each (early) purchase can increase the chances of a Yakuza 0rigins localization.
You're doing the right thing fam.

Google

and we have to pay for healthcare SO

So does everyone...

In BC you pay $720 a year for a single persons Medical Services Plan and we also have high income tax along with relatively high sales tax.

So when I'm giving 45% to income tax along with 13% on goods I purchase and a couple thousand bucks for a family for MSP it's not exactly free.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So does everyone...

In BC you pay $720 a year for a single persons Medical Services Plan and we also have high income tax along with relatively high sales tax.

So when I'm giving 45% to income tax along with 13% on goods I purchase and a couple thousand bucks for a family for MSP it's not exactly free.

in 2012 US workers paid on average $4,316 (that's $5,757.11 CAN) towards health care services.

Finally, looking forward to the English release, and it's not a bad asking price either. Time to finally use that $50 code I bought for $40 a while back.

BUY IT PEOPLE, I WANT YAKUZA 0 LOCALIZED.

Thank you Gio and Sony for making this possible!

I'm so glad with the preorder we're getting it for only $34. I thought it was going to be at least $50 and then I would've bought it when I couldn't really afford it since I'm such a sucker. The current price is much more palatable for me atm.

Now to convince all of my friends to grab the game and have them never play it. Again. >_>

Discount for digital only!

T-1.jpg

Why the heck don't other games do this for digital only? There's no packaging involved!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
As much as I like Yakuza, my distaste for bringing over games that were physically available in Japan as digital only in the US is stronger. Pass.

Google

in 2012 US workers paid on average $4,316 (that's $5,757.11 CAN) towards health care services.

So? The average Canadian family pays 41% of their income back to the government in taxes. Compare that to the average of 22% in the US.

The average Canadian family's income is $71k compared to $63k in the US (which comes out in the wash right now with the exchange rate).

So the average American family is paying $13,860 in taxes compared to the $29,110 Canadians pay. Add to that the additional $2000k in MSP as well as the higher sales tax then I'm not sure what your point is...

As much as I like Yakuza, my distaste for bringing over games that were physically available in Japan as digital only in the US is stronger. Pass.

I'll never understand this kind of statement.

As much as I like mi physical collection, I'll play only digital games if is the only way I'll be able to play it.

Tizoc

No offense but fuck this mentality.
Retail or digital makes no difference, the game is the same. If you really like the Yakuza series, like you claim in your post, you'll look past how it's being offered for English consumers, buy it, spend 2 days to have it downloaded on your PS3 and entertain yourself with one of the most badass video game series of the past 20 years.
Because just so you know: Ths game wouldn't have been released because the Yakuza series doesn't sell well outside Japan

Sakujou

Banned
ENGLISH RETAIL RELEASE
PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE

would there be a problem for sega... lets say offer this game for 40 dollars on psn and 60-70 dollars as a retail physical copy?
i would buy that. i dont see why this seems to be a problem. if the game is already localized, what makes the game a flop? if they dont sell enough? they sold bucket tons of the game already in japan, why not in us/eu?

i mean localization, ONLY IN ENGLISH and the packaging maybe in different languages cant be this expensive.

there are shit tons of other crap games which make it to the shelves, why not y5?
i have every game(except dead souls(and all the japan only titles))

Awesome! I was hoping it would be $50 or less. I'll preorder ASAP.

Thanks for not making us pay retail for a DD game Sony, but I would have gladly paid $60 or even more for a physical copy.

LiK

this thinking is part of the problem and why getting niche games localized outside Japan is a fucking pain for publishers.

ChryZ

That price point makes it pretty much an impulse purchase for me.

The Yakuza games got so much content, bang for buck is insane.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is this going to be US only? Or is it getting an EU release too?

Aki-at

Damn good price. The amount of content in Yakuza 5 is ridiculous, it's like double the length of Yakuza 4.

I'm really glad to hear the idol stuff is still going to be left in, between that and the hunting, I couldn't get really deep with the meat of the mini-games and they were the ones I was most interested in (Along with Crazy Taxi.)

Also excuse to fight everyone on Virtua Fighter 2 again.

Takuan

Tempted to show support in hopes of getting Yakuza 0 localized for PS4, where I'm far more likely to actually play. I don't even want to bother hooking up my PS3.

Top Bottom