• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Worldwide Sales Reach 9 Million Yakuza 6 Ships 500k Across Japan & Asia

Always had the feeling the sales numbers are tiny compared to the scope of the games.
I know it's made in a serialized way to be sustainable just from Japan sales, but can you imagine what the game would be like if it were selling the usual AAA types of numbers, even just on PS4?
AAAA?

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't know if this translate to sales, but Nagoshi recently said that there's around 100k players in the West which is pretty horrible. This is around the amount a NISA/xseed Vita game sells in the West, if not more. :(

On the series’ growing appeal among Western fans, Nagoshi said, “We get more and more comments from players overseas, and we do listen to them. In the West we have about 100,000 players, which compared to the players we have in Japan is a very small number, but we consider them to be very important fans, and we want to make games that they will enjoy.”

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/09/16/sega-once-considered-a-yakuza-game-set-outside-japan

Yeah nobody plays Yakuza in the West. That's pretty established. People wondered why we didn't get Y5 for the longest time, Y4 did poorly and Dead Souls was something like really low five figures in the US. That's why it's crazy when people talk like it's so bad we aren't getting timely ports or Y5 didn't have a physical version. This is a really really niche series. I'm still surprised that they doubled down on the PS4 titles and will be giving us physical versions. I'm pleased, but surprised.

SephLuis

Did the digging and its Yakuza I have, I remember now I could never find Yakuza 2 back in the day, so I'll let that one sit in the box for now. Ah fuck I'll shut down this twitch stream I have on and fire up Yakuza 4 before I go to bed. My PS3 will be shocked to see me. Cheers for the little extra push to move my fat arse :D

Great. Remember to post impressions because that way, if you like, you will probably convince more people to give it a chance.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not getting sold in Europe apparantley! Looks like I will have to buy a disc game for the first time in many years.

Its worth the hassle, I need this game

It's coming digitally, they're just not always on the ball with digital preorders. Pretty minor thing.

Stardew Valley was available on the European PSN for preorder but not in the US. Had to wait for release.

goldenpp72

I shall play my first Yakuza title with 0, hope it's worth it :) Is there any physical release for 5? I own the rest but didn't want to play the PS2 games.

DIzChDRaSVCKtI9eA1Bp_yakuza-zero-money-slap-animated-gif-ps4-game.gif

Can't wait to get my hands on Yakuza 0.

LOL

I'm so glad this series caught on in the west. Yakuza 1 and 3 are still on my top 20 list.

Was at Star Wars Celebration VI several years back and brought a copy of Yakuza 1 for Mark Hamill to sign. Not only did he have the strongest "what the fuck?"expression on his face, he pandered to my obnoxious fanboyism of a then-unheard of series with the greatest Majima Goro style, "Kazuuumaaaaaaaa!"

Oh wow, that sounds amazing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry about the Yakuza games not appearing in the UK (European ?) store/s as they never do until the day of release (or day before) for some reason. Been like that for the last few releases at least so don't panic :)

derFeef

Don't worry about the Yakuza games not appearing in the UK (European ?) store/s as they never do until the day of release (or day before) for some reason. Been like that for the last few releases at least so don't panic :)

Good to know, thanks :)

Top Bottom