• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida's top 10 games of the generation, is fan of Sony titles

Mifune

Mehmber
He obviously didn't play many games if that's what his top ten GoTG...

Jesus, no SMG, Xenoblade, State of Decay, Motorstorm Apocalypse (even with the annoying rubber banding), Crackdown, Yakuza 4...I could go on, but I'd be here all day.

This was on the Playstation Podcast so naturally it was all Playstation games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Considering he's only picking games you can play on the PS3 that's a really great list. I love that he put Journey first. And while I enjoy Sound Shapes but don't love it... I LOVE that he put it so high on his list. Thet guy is adorable, you have to admit that.

There are some Vita games on the list.

I dig the list although I wouldn't put the Souls games on there.

(never played em)

Jobbs

Banned
Didn't even play half of those. GTA V should be higher it's REALLY good. Uncharted 2 deserves kudos for having one of the best stories I ever saw in a video game.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I think his picks are pretty solid, and GTAV isn't even in my top ten. I was, yet again, suckered into buying a GTA game during the hype, and I fucking hated it. So.. yeah. Maybe I didn't play it and my opinion is wrong, too?

SykoTech

No Valkyria Chronicles or Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time?

Guess I'll have to stop following him then. :p

Props for Persona and LBP though.

Arcayne

Seems like a solid list, even if its all ps games. whaddya expect from a sony official?

I really only care abt Demon/Dark Souls, lol

This was on the Playstation Podcast so naturally it was all Playstation games.

MS:A and Yakuza 4 are PS only titles. They deserve billing over titles like Uncharted 2, GTA5 and Sound Shapes.

Hell, as much as I liked MW, not sure it would see a spot in my top ten of the generation. Top twenty? Maybe...

That's a pretty damn good list. Half of those would be in my top 10 as well (TLoU, Journey, GTAV, CoD4, LBP, Uncharted
). Never understood the adoration for Sound Shapes though. A decent-to-good game, but nothing gen defining.

He gets choked up real bad when talking about Journey in the podcast bless him.

Good list. And who cares if it's mostly Sony games? They've done some great games this gen.

Edit: Or should I say last gen, heh.

I should really give Dark Souls a try. I tried my damndest to get into Demon Souls and I think I still have it, but I just could never get over that proverbial "hump" so to speak. I beat a few levels and a boss or two, but I could never get past guys like Flamelurker.

I'm hoping Dark Souls goes on sale again on Steam during the holiday sale so I can try it out.

1. Journey
  2. Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls (tie for #2 and #3)
    [*] Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls (tie for #2 and #3)
  3. The Last of Us
  4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  5. Sound Shapes (Favorite PS Vita game)
  6. Persona 4: The Golden
  7. LittleBigPlanet
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
RVyP9.gif

Mifune

Mehmber
MS:A and Yakuza 4 are PS only titles. They deserve billing over titles like Uncharted 2, GTA5 and Sound Shapes.

Hell, as much as I liked MW, not sure it would see a spot in my top ten of the generation. Top twenty? Maybe...

Well it's his list not yours.

You say "billing" like it's not just one dude's personal favorites.

7threst

How come people in this thread claim this is a PS-only list? Last time I checked some of these games are multiplatform titles...

StoopKid

You can skip to around the 1:29:00 mark. He gets pretty emotional when talking about Journey.

1. [*]Journey
  2. Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls (tie for #2 and #3)
  3. Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls (tie for #2 and #3)
    [*] The Last of Us
    [*] Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  4. Sound Shapes (Favorite PS Vita game)
  5. Persona 4: The Golden
  6. LittleBigPlanet
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
    [*] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I agree with all of these.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Should have said "top 10 PlayStation games".

Yes. Makes sense that he would do that, but it sounds pretty lame. If you recognize the competition's strength as well as your own it is better for business, but to state so openly is career suicide.

Top Bottom