• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida's top 10 games of the generation, is fan of Sony titles

nib95

Banned
Holy crap, he chocked up hard core when talking about Journey. Reminded him of his grandma who passed away around that time. Talked about a young girl who wrote wrote a letter about how she was playing the game when her father passed away, and felt she herself had gone through somewhat of a journey.

That bit pulled at the heart strings.

taoofjord

It's also great how much he loves Journey... for many reasons. It's a brilliant game and certainly one of the best I've played in my near three decades of gaming.

This also means that a Journey PS4 port shouldn't be too far out. Considering how much a difference it made to Flower to be at 1080p / 60fps... yeah, can't wait.

Holy crap, he chocked up hard core when talking about Journey. Reminded him of his grandma who played through the game before she passed away, and actually mentioned that she felt like she had gone through a journey herself.

That bit pulled at the heart strings.

Yeah that bit was unexpected and intense.

FireCloud

Mostly agree with his list....though I think the omission of:

Folklore
Nier
Valkyria Chronicles

is a mistake...but it's his list not mine.

we're an official playstation podcast, so it's based on games that were available on our platforms.

if you'd like more variety we've all been going through ours over the past four episodes as well, they're all pretty wildly different lists.

thanks for checking it out!

dreamfall

Jesus.

Yoshida, thanks for sharing that.

The experience of the game and the ability to allow for healing has been ineffable to me- I don't go back to it much, because I played the game during a really rough stretch with my mother. Hell, I don't even like to think about. But it's impact, can not be understated.

So thanks for that. I think I'm off to reflect for a bit. I heart thee, GAF.

nib95

Banned
Does Journey have two player local co-op? Thinking of starting it back up and wondering if my wife could play too.

Danielsan

Listening to the Journey soundtrack right now. Still my favourite gaming experience of all time. I wish I could erase my memory and experience it for the first time.

shandy706

Someone buy this man a gaming PC and some other consoles/handhelds :p.

Persona 4: Golden is in my top 20 list. Can't say where its exact placement is. I would have to sit down and work on a list. Really enjoyed it...obviously..lol.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That list may be partisan as fuck... but its pretty damn good, the top 5 especially.

For all the hellfire and brimstone that rained down on PS3, (much of it self-inflicted), I really think history will judge it more kindly than a lot of its contemporary commentators have.

The Lamp

How come people in this thread claim this is a PS-only list? Last time I checked some of these games are multiplatform titles...

As in only games that have appeared on PlayStation.

LBP? c'mon son... at least say INF2 or SSHD

LBP is well deserved...first console game where you could create your own level using realistic physics and digital logic/component engineering and share it with millions of people online. People made calculators in that game. Some really unique and fun to play levels in that game. Something that simply wasn't possible in any generation before on consoles.

NewGame

Banned
Welp at least Journey and Souls gained a notice. No Nintendo titles though? I guess he must not care about being called a sycophant.

Good choices there and I can definitely see why he rates them highly apart from Sound Shapes. I found it a mediocre platformer with the exception of the Beck album

Empty

excellent taste. i guess he's limited to sony games but only really the mario galaxy games would be in my top 5 outside of stuff on there. probably. the last of us, uncharted 2, journey, persona 4 and the souls games are wonderful.

massoluk

Banned
Sorry, but this looks like a list for PR. It feels like a very safe Playstation's greatest hits list. He could have thrown in a bone like Minecraft or Angry Bird or something.

Shinta

Banned
I really don't agree with a lot of his list, especially the number 1 spot. But when you hear him explain it, you can tell that for him, that's probably genuinely his real list, so I can respect that.

I could really argue against most of his choices though, because I think better games came out. But you can tell he really loves those games.

Top Bottom