• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono: Wii U will differ greatly from E3. Many more possibilities.

But let’s say that Wii U will be a console with so many and unique possibilities that it will be difficult to show them in the box they are going to sell it or to be published by magazines and other mediums
What?

Keyouta

Can it please be June already? All these rumours for Nintendo and Microsoft's next gen consoles in the last few days have left me frothing at the mouth for concrete info.

This somehow reminds me they said something similar about the 3DS.

"You need to see with your own eyes...".

Not saying I think WiiU tablet is going to feature a 3D screen, it's too much big of course, so we have to figure out what these secret new features are.

First thing that comes to my mind is that Vitality sensor thingy, maybe they haven't fully disclosed it yet for some valid reason.

TunaLover

He is saying that the possibilities of the Wii U will be hard to convey through magazines, on the box of the system, and other mediums.
That make me think about the street demo, I tried to explain how it worked to my brother but he couldn't really understand what it was really about until I show him a trailer. The concept is hard to explain to the non technology enthusiast, you need experience the thing.

People said the same thing last year.

As far as I am concerned, it was a great E3 for Nintendo.

* Quite a bunch of great 3DS announcements and new footage(MK7, SML3D, MH3G, Luigi's mansion, Kid Icarus, Animal crossing)
* WiiU's announcement, a little underwhelming as we have seen any in-game footage, but that was too early and was basically just in preparation for this year's E3's conference.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good to hear, as a concept it needed a lot of refining.

My first bet would be more than 1 controller, that alone opens up a lot more possibilities.

Capcom characters in SSBU confirmed.

Actually I am not particularly fond of he idea of Super Smash Bros having too many third parties' characters aside from the odd guest stars; Nintendo has already pretty a bunch of IPs of its own, instead a Capcom vs Nintendo 2D BEU would make much more sense.

A.KU.MU

Banned
We have been trying the development kits and some of its new characteristics will improve its possibilities. It isn't something like Kinect or similar accessories, it's something different.

Interesting.

Medalion

Banned
Third party would imply they were still going to be making video games

They will go back to their roots and do playing cards on a tablet

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

I'd say that's referring to all the combinations of how you can use the Wii U.

TV with extra screen, TV off, and if they are supporting more than one controller now that's another load of options. Once you open up more than 1 controller, and ignore the asymmetrical gaming bollocks that was purely a bandaid for what was missing, you then have a LOT of potential.

Even if it's a kludge, and sends alternate frames to each controller because of bandwidth limitations, you still then have a boardgame scenario, hidden play select for sports games, weapon select for Mario Kart, flicking items from one pad to another and from the pads to the screen, loads of things you can do.

As a concept, Wii U is basically strangled by the one controller thing. It's much harder for people to get, and plays against Nintendo's greatest strength - local multiplayer.

The asymmetrical stuff can still be done, but it's not a simple sell, and even the demos that they showed at E3 such as Chase Mii can be done better with more than 1 tablet. As you could switch the master and slave on the fly. No waiting for the round/game to end and passing it around.

Bullza2o

Actually I am not particularly fond of he idea of Super Smash Bros having too many third parties' characters aside from the odd guest stars; Nintendo has already pretty a bunch of IPs of its own, instead a Capcom vs Nintendo 2D BEU would make much more sense.
Yeah I agree. Megaman might be in though. It would be nice if they add only a couple of third party characters, so it doesn't become too crowded.

That's a good point indeed...

Hiltz

It's a bit comforting to know that we can probably count on early Capcom support within the first year or two but it doesn't come as a big surprise given Capcom's relationship with Nintendo. Although, there's no particular upcoming current-gen game I'd like to see ported to the Wii U except for RE 6 (as long as its not like RE 5 of course).

Terrell

Ono has a devkit. That is the one and only takeaway I needed from this thread.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in 1080p. That is all.

Just the tiniest bit of hopeful news is great.
Did Ono work on DarkStalkers?
No, no he did not.

There are people Capcom who have worked on Vampire Savior(I assume you are talking about DS3). Not that they'd know where to even begin with that series.

The Hermit

iKz1HnfKhN4.jpg

king of trolls

kokujin

Banned
Just the tiniest bit of hopeful news is great.

No, no he did not.

There are people Capcom who have worked on Vampire Savior(I assume you are talking about DS3). Not that they'd know where to even begin with that series.
what happened to those people?they're the ones capcom should have working on their fighting games.

Oh God I actually thanked Ono. What the fuck have you done to me, Nintendo?
what happened to those people?they're the ones capcom should have working on their fighting games.
Some of them apparently left and went on to make make Guilty Gear, Hidetoshi Ishizawa(Planner for Vampire Savior) has worked on tons of fighters at Capcom(Third Strike, Capcom Fighting Jam, MvC2, TvC, MvC3 and more) and others just disappeared into the ether.

Top Bottom