• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono: Wii U will differ greatly from E3. Many more possibilities.

ultrazilla

Maybe somebody can help me here. Weren't there strong rumors
that the Wii-U had other "secret" features when it was initially
shown for the first time at last year's e3? (those secrets were never revealed).

My best guesses would Dolphin like emulation built in for
original Wii games or it having some 3-d type capabilities.

Terrell

Why is that? Hook it up to your TV and you get comfy couch. Better priced with sales. Better online that is free. Etc.

One more thing for me to hook up to my TV that already has all its AV ports in use.
Also, I own a Mac, so unless you wanna buy me a gaming PC, I can't really justify owning 2 computers.

Wolfie5

One of the rumors I remember, that was supposedly a leak, was Haptic feedback on the controll screen. Meaning you could "Feel" the screen.

Maybe somebody can help me here. Weren't there strong rumors
that the Wii-U had other "secret" features when it was initially
shown for the first time at last year's e3? (those secrets were never revealed).

My best guesses would Dolphin like emulation built in for
original Wii games or it having some 3-d type capabilities.

There were strong rumors
Wii U made HD pancakes.
This is a haiku.

One of the rumors I remember, that was supposedly a leak, was Haptic feedback on the controll screen. Meaning you could "Feel" the screen.

Good memory. I'd completely forgotten about that. It's on the very short short-list of features that would make the Wii U a day one buy for me, even at a high price.

That'd make the controller crazy expensive, though, to the point where of seems beyond belief.

Triton55

Haha, yeah. Crazy rumor.

*thinks*

Ono said:
Wii U will be a console with so many and unique possibilities that it will be difficult to show them in the box they are going to sell it or to be published by magazines and other mediums

0_0
Can't be... but... that fits. Hmmm.

Thanks to Indyana

http://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ve...ii-u-ofrecera-caracteristicas-nunca-vistas-y/

"What we saw last E3 is not a reflection of everything this console is able to offer. We have been trying the development kits and some of its new characteristics will improve its possibilities. It isn't something like Kinect or similar accessories, it's something different.

I can't tell you more about it because, if I do, Nintendo will send assassins to finish me! (laughs) But let’s say that Wii U will be a console with so many and unique possibilities that it will be difficult to show them in the box they are going to sell it or to be published by magazines and other mediums," said Yoshinori Ono.

Official confirmation of Nintendo Ninjas confirme!!! :Oo

Moaradin

I have to ask is there actually a decent fighting community on the pc? I know the games are on pc (well some of them) but I don't personally know anyone who plays them there. Fighting games, much like sports games, have their home on the consoles it seems to me. (cept in the arcade where they really belong :) fighting games that is.)

SSF4:AE has a pretty good community on PC. Bad thing is that Capcom can't manage to release the 2012 patch on time, and it's not coming until end of Febuary. I'm sure it will get even more popular then and many people will play it until SF X Tekken, which will also most likely get delayed on PC.

- Built in heart rate detector on controller grip

- Haptic feedback on touch screen

- Holographic storage built into controller to save downloaded game data streamed from system for holographic projection based gaming on the go out of the top of the Wii U controller

Log4Girlz

Ok, what if it has facial recognition technology built it? It will look at whoever has the tablet...read his or her emotions!

Medalion

Banned
Great, more gimmicks

People just want a great system with great games and online

Stop giving us what we never asked for

haptic feedback sounds so useless :| give me a great use of it?

All of the buttons you press will feel real, your use of the stylus when drawing something will feel like you're using chalk/paint/charcoal/pencil, Nintendogs and other animals can be petted using the touchscreen and will feel like real fur.

Not too sure about being able to feel things through the stylus but the first and third examples are certainly feasible.

I think we can rule out 3D because touching a resistive screen would break the 3D effect but having a haptic touchscreen is a possibility.

Nintendogs and other animals can be petted using the touchscreen and will feel like real fur.

That would have come in handy for Kinectimals. Pretending to pet a tiger seemed somewhat pointless to me with no feedback aside from visual. I want to actually feel like I'm petting a tiger (without getting my hands eaten by said tiger).

Medalion said:
Stop giving us what we never asked for

If they only gave us what we ask for, then technology wouldn't progress as much. The gimmicks aren't necessarily a bad thing. They can be implemented in creative ways that could make for a very satisfying experience, and I highly doubt developers would be forced into using haptic feedback.

Freezie KO said:
There were strong rumors
Wii U made HD pancakes.
This is a haiku.

And now I am torn between going to bed and eating pancakes, so thank you for that ;P.

kanugo

Well, it seems you guys are popular:

Ono hints at greatly changed Wii U

Speaking to 3D Juegos, translated by a NeoGaf user, Ono said: "What was shown at E3 is not a reflection of everything that this console is going to be able to offer. We have been trying the development kits and some of its new characteristics will improve its possibilities.

Where is this? Well, EDGE Online!

Top Bottom