• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play my Wii games if you are bored [50 games edition]

Crazyorloco

The Wii is a great system, the only con for me is it's not HD. Once you start playing games for awhile on it, you don't even mind that.

There's a nice library of quality games on it. You can let friends borrow games too. I still have to tackle skyward sword...This weekend is a good time. 3 day weekend.

There's enough great games on it that I don't have to get a next gen system for another year.

Note to self: I need to find Xenoblade Chronicles cheap.

Fox Mulder

It's a great time to get into wii games, since I've seen the console for $60 at pawn shops. Gamestop is full of cheap stuff and amazing games like sin and punishment 2 and rhythm heaven fever are around $10 on Amazon.

I just got goldeneye off eBay for $8 shipped.

Kajiba

I hate that alot of these games are still kinda expensive =(.

Some of them are cheap though but I have them already.

depths20XX

Don't get me wrong the Wii had some good games but I feel like a lot of those games in the OP had much better iterations on previous systems.

Smash Bros., Mario Strikers, Punch Out, Mario Party, Animal Crossing, Monkey Ball. These are like the worst in the series for all these games.

fabprems

Name some names!

I'm always sad when Fluidity / Hydroventure is forgot in wiiware lists ;)
fluidity.jpeg

And also, I'm may be the only one, but for me the PES Playmaker series is best fun I had with soccer games in the last years...
image.jpg

Hiltz

I really enjoyed my Wii even though it was the only console I owned in the last generation. Some of my favorite games are Super Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade , Monster Hunter Tri, Red Steel 2, Skyward Sword, Super Smash Bros Brawl, DKC Returns, Metroid Prime 3, and Punch Out!!

+ Weaker graphics weren't a big issue for me
+ Adequate amount of third party exclusives
+ Comfortable Wii remote and nunchuck split control scheme
+ Virtual Console
+ GameCube backwards compatibility
+ When used well, motion control & IR pointer were fun as hell
+ Don't make me go back to dual analog for FPS
+ Revived dead franchises

- Lack of major multiplatform support
- Motion control didn't quite live up to its potential, accuracy issues
- Weak online service
- Virtual Console release schedule got pretty messy
- Software droughts especially in 2011
- Waggle motion control
- Wiiware didn't get enough indie support
- Digital download pricing system
- Nintendo didn't offer many new big IPs

Goodbye, little white wonder box. You were far from perfect, but you built yourself a worthwhile game library and unique hook that made gaming more fun in some ways. Some of those local multiplayer experiences with Wii Sports with the family and friends were great experiences that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten on any other platform.

Fox Mulder

Don't get me wrong the Wii had some good games but I feel like a lot of those games in the OP had much better iterations on previous systems.

Smash Bros., Mario Strikers, Punch Out, Mario Party, Animal Crossing, Monkey Ball. These are like the worst in the series for all these games.

Which is why I'm glad I have a gamecube BC model. Get the best of both consoles.

Bog

Junior Ace
I have something like 110 games for it and still feel like I'm missing a few. So yeah, it had games.

So OK, OP. I'm bored. I'll borrow a few from you. Let's do this.

Wii probably has my favourite game library of all Nintendo systems, just after SNES. The people who were constantly going on about it having no games or "collecting dust" either had very limited taste in games or just weren't paying attention.

Low budget, but creative and memorable Japanese games (Little King's Story, Pandora's Tower...), survival horror (Fatal Frame 2&4, Silent Hill:SH...), 2D platformers (NSMBW, DKCR...) and JRPGs (Xenoblade, Last Story...). Plus some of the best Nintendo first party games I've had the pleasure of playing. The system tickled my tastes all over, and I enjoyed it.

---

On a side note, does anyone else get annoyed when they hear the old dismissal "people just bought it for Wii Sports." The Wii actually has a pretty decent attach ratio considering its huge install base. 869 million games for almost 100 Wiis is not half bad.

I just started Wario Land : Shake it! and have yet to play Endless Ocean, Punch Out, Other Shit, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
Edit : Oh and The Last Story

Fun times ahead!

Wario Land: Shaje It! is amazing. So much so that I felt compelled to 100% it (which was a bitch - some of those boos fights were frustrating). The lack of Fire Emblem makes me sad though. :(

Just want to drop in and say that while deeply flawed, Disaster: Day of Crisis is one of my favourite experiences this gen. Incredibly fun, silly, adrenaline-pumping game.

trinest

No mention of Another Code R for shame gaf
AnothercodeR.jpg

CiNG games are long forgotten like a magical mystery which was just a bip on a radar which acted up. Its a shame they aren't well known or respected, but CiNG did amazing stuff only to be lost on the shelves and in the end in the business world.

I felt like giving all the different box arts a shot :)

Also, where is this?

Oh god, fragile dreams has so many issues. I wanted to love it, I really did but my first time playing it was a year after I bought it, my friends were over, thought it would be cool and we ended up getting drunk and turning it off.

Tenrius

Your best/worst memories playing Wii are welcome, and those of you that may have skipped the console can ask more info about gamez. The three of us actually loving the console will be happy to answer.

I bought my first Wii a month ago and the Wi-Fi module died within the first hour of me playing Super Mario Galaxy, so the Wii won't boot up anymore. That's about it.

sajj316

I was so disgusted by the XBone unveiling that I hooked up my Wii and played a bit of Galaxy and DKCR (compare to 3DS release). So lovely.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I agree the Wii had some good games, despite it being my least favorite console ever. I attribute that to motion controls and fuzzy SD graphics on my big screen HDTVs. However, Dolphin remedies both of those issues by allowing a regular controller that works great for most games, in full HD glory. The games I had trouble playing due to the both of the issues above play and look awesome now.

So, I think I would have warmed up to the Wii if things had been a bit different. The Wii U fixes both issues I had last gen, but with it being what is essentially a generation behind, I wonder if I'll be too busy playing the other systems and PC (because of the new prettiness and power and possibilities offered by both) to give it much attention, and it will end up as another "least favorite/played" console again, continuing the failed Wii legacy for me.

DigitalOp

Banned
Did anyone get to play Earth Seeker? I was so interested in that game and it never left Japan..

Also everyone should play Spectrobes:Origins. Pretty damn fun and widely overlooked on Wii.

Kunan

So happy to see De Blob in the op. Despite some wonky jumping controls, the game was awesome and full of charm.

xandaca

Just want to drop in and say that while deeply flawed, Disaster: Day of Crisis is one of my favourite experiences this gen. Incredibly fun, silly, adrenaline-pumping game.

Concurred, I adore this game for it's sheer, balls to the wall nuttiness. Several of the gameplay styles don't really work, but are over so quickly it doesn't matter and the ridiculousness being constantly thrown at the screen means it's easy to overlook anyway. Plus, the Disaster Files were really interesting and get points for being educational. No game has ever enjoyed using a term as much as this one likes saying 'pyroclastic flow'. It's a mess, but it's a hilarious, crazy, inspired mess, and that's exactly the kind of game I like. It's also a pretty perfect description of the Wii, whose library of such titles make it my favourite of all the consoles I've owned.

Name some names!
All of these are either very good or at least interesting and definitely worth your while.

The ArtStyle series (Light Trax, Rotozoa, Cubello, Orbient, Rotohex), Tetris Party, all the BitTrip games, Harvest Moon Little Shop, Blaster Master Overdrive, both Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games, Castlevania The Adventure, Cave Story, Contra Rebirth, ExciteBike World Rally, FAST, Final Fantasy 4 The After Years, Fluidity, Jett Rocket, La Mulana, Let's Catch, LIT, The Magic Obelisk (this one isn't available anymore, sadly), Lost Winds 1 & 2, Maboshi's Arcade, Megaman 9 & 10, MotoHeroz, My Aquarium and My Planetarium are quite nice, NyxQuest, Pokemon Rumble, the Phoenix Wright games if you haven't played them elsewhere, Rage of the Gladiator is ugly but somewhat decent, Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy, ShadowPlay, Snowpack Park, Space Invaders Get Even, Star Soldier R, Gradius Rebirth, the Strong Bad games, the Tales of Monkey Island games, ThruSpace, Toki Tori, World of Goo, You Me and the Cubes. That's what I can remember right now.

I can guarantee you'll find a few games of interest in that list. Keep in mind that some names might be different in other regions, like Fluidity / Hydroventure.

If you have access to the Japanese shop, Line Attack Heroes is really nice and so is Pole's Big Adventure. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are there as well.

Theres other stuff that might be worth a look at depending on your level of tolerance, like DrillSergeant Mindstrong (so bad it's good), Evasive Space, Eco Shooter Plant 530 (the only mediocre game Intelligent Systems has ever done), Driift Mania, to only mention a few.

That Lost in Shadow game, has anyone played it? Any good?
I haven't gotten around to finishing it but I can vouch for its quality, specially if you like interesting, different games. It's not perfect, but it's not bad at all. It's also one of the last Hudson games, so there's that.

Also, Trauma Team needs to be mentioned a few more times in this thread.

D-e-f-

Banned
Concurred, I adore this game for it's sheer, balls to the wall nuttiness. Several of the gameplay styles don't really work, but are over so quickly it doesn't matter and the ridiculousness being constantly thrown at the screen means it's easy to overlook anyway. Plus, the Disaster Files were really interesting and get points for being educational. No game has ever enjoyed using a term as much as this one likes saying 'pyroclastic flow'. It's a mess, but it's a hilarious, crazy, inspired mess, and that's exactly the kind of game I like. It's also a pretty perfect description of the Wii, whose library of such titles make it my favourite of all the consoles I've owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koyEP-P58NY

The Hermit

Damn, if count retail+ VC the Wii is by far my most played system ever.

Just 3 games( Xenoblade, Endless Ocean 1 and 2) add up to 600hours :p
The theres also DD games like World of Goo, BitTrip series.

zroid

Banned
Wii probably has my favourite game library of all Nintendo systems, just after SNES. The people who were constantly going on about it having no games or "collecting dust" either had very limited taste in games or just weren't paying attention.

Low budget, but creative and memorable Japanese games (Little King's Story, Pandora's Tower...), survival horror (Fatal Frame 2&4, Silent Hill:SH...), 2D platformers (NSMBW, DKCR...) and JRPGs (Xenoblade, Last Story...). Plus some of the best Nintendo first party games I've had the pleasure of playing. The system tickled my tastes all over, and I enjoyed it.

get out of my head

wrowa

This one deserves a mention too.

Overall, the Wii U had a pretty good library, especially if you are into these mid- and low-budget games that don't really exist on HD plattforms anymore. It's just sad that the image quality of the Wii is rather bad. :(

kirby_fox

Banned
I still have a ton of Wii games to play and to pick up. I still have a Wiiware game I need to buy...

Honestly hoping they fix the transferring of digital from Wii to Wii U...can't give up my Brawl save just so I can have all my games on the Wii U behind a Wii wall.

D-e-f-

Banned
I still have a ton of Wii games to play and to pick up. I still have a Wiiware game I need to buy...

Honestly hoping they fix the transferring of digital from Wii to Wii U...can't give up my Brawl save just so I can have all my games on the Wii U behind a Wii wall.

do a full back up of the Wii with some homebrew tools. then restore and keep playing brawl on Wii with your save and controllers of your choice.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
do a full back up of the Wii with some homebrew tools. then restore and keep playing brawl on Wii with your save and controllers of your choice.

This is what I had to do. My Wii stuff was on two separate Wiis, but the problem was that one of them was also my parent's Wii. Didn't want to wipe their Miis and saves and stuff, but I wanted my VC games and some of the saves. Just did a NAND backup with Bootmii, did the transfer to WiiU, and then restored the backup. Worked out great.

Top Bottom