• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play my Wii games if you are bored [50 games edition]

Shahadan

cRUifwW.jpg

RIP Wii 2006-20??
(we don't know when it died exactly)

So the Wii is as good as dead, and with more than 2 weeks before something happens in our GAF lives, it's time to pay an homage to the little shit.

But Wii haz no gamez.

For those of you that keep telling that, or those of you wanting to find out more, here are 50 Wii games that are worth it :

There are obviously more, but I've included only exclusives or then-exclusives, and 1 title by series that appeared on the platform, usually the most praised of them (except for Metroid, Trilogy is that good). You can add more!
These are all mine (except wii fit, I'm lazy) so I can vouch for most of them even if I still have to play some like Punch Out or Other M.

No particular order, but first row and a half is god tier. Please understand.

Your best/worst memories playing Wii are welcome, and those of you that may have skipped the console can ask more info about gamez. The three of us actually loving the console will be happy to answer.

/salute

Dude. You forgot:

Klonoa
Dewy's Adventure
Lost in Shadow
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Opoona
A Boy and his Blob

Wii Fit? really?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I really ejoyed this console, and looking at all those covers, knowing that it's missing some other great titles, make me smile :)

Hasney

I did kind of dislike the Wii overall, but games that used the controller were still fantastic. Thank god for Dolphin. This is what I'm going to hunt down after this thread:

• Disaster... Had no idea it was out in Europe and I really wanted to play it
  • Fire Emblem after my first experience with the series on 3DS. Think I've got some catching up to do.
  • Excitebots I just never got around to, but actually like Excitetruck.

Might give Trauma Team another look as well, but playing it first time made me wish it was on DS and I think I'm going to wish it was on Wii U now. Buying the 3DS Donkey Kong today.

Endless Ocean always kind of intrigued me. Someone sell me on it?

Shahadan

Awesome game.

Also having other m in your list probably has invalided it to many

Well, this game smelled like trash to me from the day it was revealed.

I would have gotten rid of some others too, but most were well received.
I really hate DeBlob.

cafemomo

The Wii was probably my least favorite out of Nintendo's home console, but I loved it.

Titles such as FFCC: EoT, FFCC: TCB, No More Heroes, Madworld, TvC, etc made it a winner for me though.

Shame Nintendo basically dropped off support for the thing after 2010 or so.

MYE

Fantastic system IMO. Brought me back into this hobby after getting bored with gaming near the end of the previous gen.

First time I played Galaxy at a friends house will go down as one of the top 5 gaming moments for me ever!
I still remember, it was the Bouldergeist boss fight where I was swinging around and shit. Jesus I was shocked at all of it. Then I also tried Wii Sports multiplayer and Twilight Princess. I went to my college dorm foaming from my mouth. Bought my own system a couple of days later :)

muteant

let's tap not considered god tier? wtf

on a serious note: wow, when you look at that, the wii has a heck of library.

the criticism of "wii shovelware blah blah blah" was always odd to me. it's easy to separate the wheat from the chaff.

honestly, while playing in SD was always a bit of bummer, I had the most fun with my Wii out of the three consoles this gen (to be fair, my 360 RROD'd twice, gave up the second time it happened. F MS, furreal).

Shahadan

I just started Wario Land : Shake it! and have yet to play Endless Ocean, Punch Out, Other Shit, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
Edit : Oh and The Last Story

Fun times ahead!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
You could probably expand this list to 100 games. Such an awesome system with tons of underrated games.

MrT-Tar

A really under-appreciated system imo. For me it was my favourite home console of the 7th gen and had some of my favourite games of all time (Monster Hunter 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Zelda: Skyward Sword, etc).

I think people in several years time will look back on the Wii far more fondly than contemporaries did.

Jackano

A really under-appreciated system imo. For me it was my favourite home console of the 7th gen and had some of my favourite games of all time (Monster Hunter 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Zelda: Skyward Sword, etc).

I think people in several years time will look back on the Wii far more fondly than contemporaries did.

It will remains the ultimate SD system. With the inclusion (and it was a Wii new feature, for the first time) of the virtual console.
Just like the DS, I think this is a turnpoint in Nintendo's history, and they should capitalize on their respective game libraries in the years to come.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Wii was really a wonderful system. My kids and I really loved Wii Sports. It was a legit awesome game, as was Dead Space Extraction. Really, there were tons of badass games, as this thread attests.

New Wii's are super cheap now too, and I'm thinking of buying my kids one for Xmas this year. For $120 or so you get a new one, an extra controller, and two games over at Walmart.com. The Wii library is one of the reasons I want to buy a Wii U when they drop the price. I had one for maybe 6 months but shit got real and I had to sell it so I never got to play the Galaxy games or House of the Dead or Other M or Smash Bros. :(

Andrew.

Banned
I swear I think my Wii got and still gets more gaming out of me than both the 360 and PS3.

No Boy & His Blob? C'mon son.

a_boy_and_blob_wii_01.jpg

Alrus

Other M isn't that great (the story is Prometheus level of bad and nonsensical). The gameplay is fun but a bit shallow. Most people won't like the game (I still enjoyed it though, it's not nearly as godawful as people are saying, but the story part is truly some of the worst seen in a high profile game).

Other than that, yeah the Wii had a great first party line up and some pretty amazing third party gems.

Penguin

Speaking of the Wii, finally transferred my system's content to my Wii U, and saw I have 1300 points, which means I can buy any number of things.. though believes NES + SNES will clear the balance. Any suggestions?

It's undeniable that the system had some unforgivable droughts, but taken on the whole it's got a very impressive library.

Kickin' Rad Tier
Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories
A Boy and His Blob
Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Kirby's Adventure Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Wii
NBA Jam
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Punch-Out!!
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
Sonic Colors
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Xenoblade Chronicles

Pretty Cool Tier
Boom Street
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Excite Truck
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Grand Slam Tennis
Ivy the Kiwi?
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Little King's Story
Mario Strikers Charged Football
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Flawed But Interesting Tier
Castlevania Judgement
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
MadWorld
Metroid Other M
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Pandora's Tower
Red Steel 2
Super Paper Mario

Never Really Got In to It But Others Seem to Like It Tier
Monster Hunter Tri

Lord Koizumi's Second Coming Tier
New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Compilation Tier
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Kirby's Dream Collection
Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Neat Licensed Tier
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
GoldenEye 007
Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes

Pinball Tier
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
Williams Pinball Classics

Remake Tier
Klonoa
Project Zero 2: Wii Edition
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Digital Tier
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Excitebike World Challenge

Waiting on the Fan Translation Tier
Captain Rainbow

Disappointment of the Generation Tier
Epic Mickey
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Still Need to Play More
Disaster: Day of Crisis
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Wii was a good platform, ended up with 60-70 games. Same with PSP. I actually have more wii/psp games then I do ps3/360.

(DS is the last gen king, Saturn of all time gamecount wise for me)

Andrew.

Banned
No one ever mentions Deadly Creatures. Did any of you play this? It never gets mentioned in metroidvania discussions either Ive noticed.

944938_20090115_790screen017.jpg

teeny

No one ever mentions Deadly Creatures. Did any of you play this? It never gets mentioned in metroidvania discussions either Ive noticed.

Thanks for reminding me to buy this game. I was always relatively interested in this and Mushroom Men. Think I might splurge and polish off my Wii collection this year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It's not really a Metroidvania because it is linear and doesn't feature slowly unfolding traversal, but it is a good game.

Andrew.

Banned
Well you do get powers and do revisit areas where you're able to travel to spots that you couldnt access earlier with said powers/abilities, so yeah some light characteristics of it are there.

DigitalOp

Banned
Wii both dissapointed me and satified my needs strangely enough...

Games that should be checked out (No particular order, I didn't scour the OP so I may list duplicates) :

Deadly Creatures
Zack & Wiki
DBZ BT3
Naruto Gekkou Taisen series (get the imports, they are US friendly)
BWii
NSMB
DKCR
Kirby:RTD
Wario Shake It
Conduit 1 + 2
Godfather:blackhand (best version of game IMO)
Klonoa
Sin and motherfucking Punishment 2
The mythical Xenoblade (haven't played this... WiiU!)
The Last Story
The Lego games!!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Sam and Max
Spectrobes Origins (amazing but a little too easy)
Spyborgs
Warioware smooth moves
Super paper mario (I enjoyed it)
Mortal Kombat Armaggedon
Castlevania Judgement (I really found this fun)
Little Kings Story
MKWii
Tmnt smash up
Tenchu shadow assassins
REmakes archives
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
The munchables (play this!)
Overlord: Dark Legend (wasn't bad)
Pitfall: the big adventure
PoP:forgotten sands
HotD:Overkill
RE Chronicles series
Brawl duh...
Rabbids go home (fun!)
Rayman Origins
RE4
Both Crash games (mind over mutant, crash of the titans... fuck the haters, theyre both great)
Trauma Center games
Excitebots and Excitetruck (bots is better)
Sonic Colors
Fire Emblem
Muramasa
Both De Blobs
Mario Strikers
No More Heroes 1+2
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Galaxy 1+2
Punch out (great surprise)
Goldeneye 007
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Madworld
Red Steel 2
Boom Blox
Geometry wars galaxies
NBA Jam
MH Tri
Pikmin 1+2 NPC
Jungle Beat NPC
Metal Slug Anthology
Dragon Ball King Piccolo
HotD 2+3
Bully scholarship edition
Any of the CoDs
Dewys adventure
Guitar Heros
DJ Heros
FF Fables: Chocobos dungeon

Anything I missed is cause I haven't played or it sucks. YMMV
And now that I think of it... why the hell did Earth Seeker not make it to the US. Dammit

Andrew.

Banned
It really sucks they stopped producing BC Wii's. It's gonna be a sad, sad day when mine finally burns out. Im banking on that Nintendo tech durability though. Hopefully it'll still be running fine five years from now.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Still need a few games to round out my Wii collection. Pandora's Tower, Pikmin games, Excite games, Kirby: RtD.

m0t0k1

It really sucks they stopped producing BC Wii's. It's gonna be a sad, sad day when mine finally burns out. Im banking on that Nintendo tech durability though. Hopefully it'll still be running fine five years from now.

They still sell them in europe this just released end of last year;
nintendo_wii_inazuma_eleven_pack_white.jpg

Top Bottom