• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play TimeSplitters 2's first two levels in Homefront: The Revolution

GavinUK86

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-30-you-can-play-timesplitters-2s-first-two-levels-in-homefront-the-revolution

The first two levels of TimeSplitters 2 are included as an Easter egg in Homefront: The Revolution.

Siberia and Chicago are both playable via an arcade cabinet hidden in Homefront's version of Philadelphia, which has been invaded by North Korean troops.

The arcade machine is located inside a makeshift prison area. Interacting with it brings up the TimeSplitters 2 levels to revisit in all of their PS2, Xbox and GameCube-era glory.

And a new trailer: https://youtu.be/OMdZmsFIOrc

Wonder how they'll handle the controls

Tried going back to TS2 a few years ago, and couldn't adapt to the way you aim

Still need that remake with full online implementation

L1NETT

That's cool

Get the genesis of the studio is Free Radical but is there no rights issues n that with Crytek?

Especially since
Crytek retains the rights to the TimeSplitters intellectual property following the publisher's sale of the Homefront franchise to Deep Silver, a representative for Deep Silver confirmed to Polygon this week.

"The TimeSplitters IP did not come with the deal — it was only for the Homefront IP," the Deep Silver spokesperson said.

If they can do this could they possibly think aboot an HD remaster of TS 2 with full multiplayer?

just a suggestion deep silver

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As far as product placement goes, Timesplitters is marginally better than NOS Energy Drinks, TigerDirect.com, and Hooters.

That... was one of the most amateur trailer I've ever seen. Was it made in Gary's Mod? Why is the city so empty? Why do they have a generic inspirational music? Why is the whole "Revolution" so bleak? What's with the dialogue and voiceover? What the fuck is happening with this game? Was TimeSplitters Easter egg a last ditch effort to get sales?

Edit: Holy shit, this game have been 5 years in development? I don't know what to say.

Please someone let someone make a Timesplitters HD collection, a Timesplitters 4, or a Timesplitters anthology taking elements from 1-3 and combining them into what Tony Hawk HD tried to be except make it actually good.

Whaaaaat. I loved TimeSplitters, such a fun game franchise. I must have spent a few hundred hours playing local co-op with friends and designing maps when I was growing up.

Temptation to buy this rising...

Alrus

That trailer was absolutely awful...What's up with the animations? They all look sort of muted, the punch are weak, and every movement is very stiff.

killroy87

That trailer was absolutely awful...What's up with the animations? They all look sort of muted, the punch are weak, and every movement is very stiff.

The beta graphics were ugly too. Game certainly isn't a looker. IGN has a new preview today that basically says the game is super formulaic. It's really rare for previews to lean towards the negative, and doubly so for an IGN preview.

Game looks destined to be in the 5-6 range.

eshwaaz

Sadly, I agree. Throw the comically bad VO and writing on top of that, and you have one poor trailer.

WarpathDC

That... was one of the most amateur trailer I've ever seen. Was it made in Gary's Mod? Why is the city so empty? Why do they have a generic inspirational music? Why is the whole "Revolution" so bleak? What's with the dialogue and voiceover? What the fuck is happening with this game? Was TimeSplitters Easter egg a last ditch effort to get sales?

Edit: Holy shit, this game have been 5 years in development? I don't know what to say.

Are we watching the same trailer? Clearly you haven't been on Steam lately. This looks like the Citizen Kane of FPS trailers compared to the garbage out there. Seriously though I didn't think the trailer was THAT bad.

That said outside of the swappable weapon components I'm not that hyped for it but will grab it on the cheap on PC sometime I'm sure.

Harlequin

I think the voice-over is the main problem. If that had been delivered more convincingly, the trailer could've been pretty good.

the alpha or beta or whatever the hell that was I played was so bad it hurt my feelings. This is cool though, still not buying the game...and I even liked homefront 1

WarpathDC

Please someone let someone make a Timesplitters HD collection, a Timesplitters 4, or a Timesplitters anthology taking elements from 1-3 and combining them into what Tony Hawk HD tried to be except make it actually good.

This. Sadly, just like wanting to play a good Tony Hawk game in HD, it requires a PC and a PS2 emulator.

zma1013

So can you play those hidden easter egg games that were in Timesplitters 2? I want to play a game within a game within a game. We have to go deeper.

In my mind, the finest local multiplayer game ever made (better than Future Perfect in my opinion, due to a more appealing art style and some other small things)

While neat, the fact you can technically play Timesplitters 2 on modern consoles (and PC?) only serves to pour salt in the wound that we still don't have a Timesplitters 4.

Seriously, Timesplitters Rewind can't come quick enough.

Are we watching the same trailer? Clearly you haven't been on Steam lately. This looks like the Citizen Kane of FPS trailers compared to the garbage out there. Seriously though I didn't think the trailer was THAT bad.

That said outside of the swappable weapon components I'm not that hyped for it but will grab it on the cheap on PC sometime I'm sure.

I think the voice-over is the main problem. If that had been delivered more convincingly, the trailer could've been pretty good.

Honestly, it's not just the voice over. It reminds me of the emptiness of Half-life for some reason. It looks like a 1999 game with a 2015 visuals. They show generic characters standing and a car explosion. They show one man being beaten up by two people, over and over again. The trailer is scripted and flimsy like it's done in Garry's mod. They show a door being kicked into without any impact. They show a girl screaming who is not present, like the audio is added in later for dramatic effects. They show one guy on his knees. They show another guy on his knees. They show another guy on his knees, like it's suppose to make us feel emotions.

They show a guy with no emotions and dead eyes pointing a gun at you.

0RBa5Xr.png

They show shitty quotes on a ridiculous font on the walls trying to make it look at dynamic. They show another car explosion with the same animation as the previous car explosion. They show empty streets being "liberated" by empty NPCs.

Don't get me wrong. It's great seeing in-game trailers for once in a while, but it shows that your single-player game has no cinematic moments that you have the confidence to show in the trailer, let alone use better camera angles or cuts or audio.

The closest we have to a Timesplitters 2 remaster is an Easter egg in the sequel to Homefront. In 2016. Something is wrong with this picture.

God I love that Siberia level. Pretty sure that was on a demo disc for the Xbox back in the day as well. Played it over and over before I actually played the full game.

Top Bottom