• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play TimeSplitters 2's first two levels in Homefront: The Revolution

Forget about Homefront...

Give us a new, full SP and MP TimeSplitters game! God i miss that crazy as hell multiplayer with all that customization and unlocks!

Brofield

This just makes me want to reconnet my Gamecube again and repay TS2 and Future Perfect.

I really hope TS:Rewind makes good progress soon. The fact that we're in an era of game consoles that are willing to connect with each other's online networks, and could soon be rejoicing in a resurgence in one of the most infamous FPS of all time is almost too much to imagine.

Robot Factory on hard is a rite of passage into manhood.

The whole game is a rite of passage on hard lmao probably the hardest thing I've ever done in gaming. That first part of the Wild West level where you are jumped by two guys with laser accuracy like 2 seconds after starting the level...

Oh my god, this trailer is so awful. The voiceover is awful. And they're using one of my favourite songs (Adagio in D Minor by John Murphy) and just fucking ruining it, man.

ArjanN

Honestly, it's not just the voice over. It reminds me of the emptiness of Half-life for some reason. It looks like a 1999 game with a 2015 visuals. They show generic characters standing and a car explosion. They show one man being beaten up by two people, over and over again. The trailer is scripted and flimsy like it's done in Garry's mod. They show a door being kicked into without any impact. They show a girl screaming who is not present, like the audio is added in later for dramatic effects. They show one guy on his knees. They show another guy on his knees. They show another guy on his knees, like it's suppose to make us feel emotions.

They show a guy with no emotions and dead eyes pointing a gun at you.

They show shitty quotes on a ridiculous font on the walls trying to make it look at dynamic. They show another car explosion with the same animation as the previous car explosion. They show empty streets being "liberated" by empty NPCs.

Don't get me wrong. It's great seeing in-game trailers for once in a while, but it shows that your single-player game has no cinematic moments that you have the confidence to show in the trailer, let alone use better camera angles or cuts or audio.

Yeah. it could have done a better job with cuts and the audio, but to be fair I think it's also probably somehwat a consequence of the game being a bit more open-ended/Crysis-like in structure which means there's not as much scripted set piece stuff to put into trailers. Reminds me of Jeff Gerstmann talking about how half the reason for Call of Duty single-player stuff was just that they could make cool bombastic trailers out of it. :p

Yeah. it could have done a better job with cuts and the audio, but to be fair I think it's also probably somehwat a consequence of the game being a bit more open-ended/Crysis-like in structure which means there's not as much scripted set piece stuff to put into trailers. Reminds me of Jeff Gerstmann talking about how half the reason for Call of Duty single-player stuff was just that they could make cool bombastic trailers out of it. :p

I posted this in the other thread. Might as well post it here too. I re-edit the trailer to see how better it may look with tighter cuts, and giving it a sequence with some gameplay footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LxY77t5vU

Does it make a difference?

Rather worrying when the most exciting part about your upcoming game is being able to play the first two levels of a 14 year old shooter as an easter egg. I'm sad to say that I'm now actually considering buying Homefront just to show some support for TimeSplitters.

Top Bottom