• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You gotta love the PSP homebrew scene (Best homebrew EVER!)

Goldrusher said:
Any big screenshots of stuff like Vice City Stories or Metal Gear running full screen ?

Any fullscreen screenshots would still be small pictures seeing as the games are still running at a 480*272 resolution :p

Unless ofcourse i take a photograph of the monitor. I'll do that in a while and update the first post :p

*edit* Actually nm, i won't be able to do that today, don't have my camera with me. I'm going to do a compatibility list instead

I'm prettty pissed. I have 3.40OEA and Chrono Cross just keeps freezing after the first boss fight (Komodo Mama).

Agh? It looks so good and I desire playing it, but problems ensue and make me lack concern.

callous

Totally disappointed after the promising title. I get to play my PORTABLE gaming device through an annoying PC setup when I could just ... I dunno, turn on my PS2 and use my PSP for when I don't want to be tied down?

I'm not saying it's not worthy of mention, far from it, but best ever?

I'll lower my expectations when the next "best ever" thread comes around :p

callous said:
Totally disappointed after the promising title. I get to play my PORTABLE gaming device through an annoying PC setup when I could just ... I dunno, turn on my PS2 and use my PSP for when I don't want to be tied down?

I'm not saying it's not worthy of mention, far from it, but best ever?

I'll lower my expectations when the next "best ever" thread comes around :p

Please... enough with the PS2 comparisons, you can't play PSP games in it :p

Sorry but playing Tekken DR on a 19" monitor with a Arcade stick and be able to record video / take screenshots makes this the best homebrew ever :p At least in my eyes.

M3wThr33

Banned
Imagine it like the timeline in Back to the Future

haha.png

The top line is official firmware while the skew begins the hacked firmwares.

See, the goal of every firmware is to get a downgrader to the mystical 1.5 kernel where everything was opened.
From there, you can get alternate parallel firmwares EACH AND EVERY BIT THE SAME as official firmwares, just beefier and more robust. (At the cost of the location-free software.)

Either I cant get the software to work, or the games I chose dont want to cooperate.

Both Power Stone Collection and Lumines would not display on my PC, controller didnt work either. Although trying to exit the game caused the PSP to lock up, trying to turn the unit off was of no use either.

Ahh...any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Is it the firmware I have? Its 3.52 M33.

Top Bottom