• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have $25 million to invest in a developer

Start a new development team and become the next Kojima, but with a cinematic game with tributes to The French Connection, Shaft, Bullitt, and Dirty Harry. Third person shooter, but with the immediacy of a traditional Rainbow Six game. Get shot, you die mofo. 10 hour story. Extras akin to Virtual Missions in MGS.

Then align with a publisher hoping that they fund other titles.

Phosphor

25mil buys me Avalanche Studios and the Just Cause engine. Then I make the #2 coolest RPG in the world (#1 being Fallout of course)

And the big winner ihiisss:

tres.JPG

$ 25 million and my soul.

I want a Radiant Silvergun remake in return.

Btw:

Hi GAFFERS!

(Can anybody tell me how to get rid off the "Don't use an avatar"-checkmark? I read it somewhere around here but can't find it anymore...)

EDIT: Sorry, forget it.

Jiggy

All to GameFreak or The Pokemon Company, since it would have a better profit return than anything else. As far as I know, nothing outsells Pokemon when counting all video game sales worlwide--and even if GTA beats it, which I doubt, that would be offset by substantially higher development costs, as well as the fact that GTA doesn't have T-shirts, stuffed animals, card games, an anime series, its own Japanese amusement park, and every other aspect of the marketing blitz.

After I became a billionaire off of that money, then I'd go ahead and give some money to other companies. Something like:

-A substantial amount of money to Namco to remake Tales of Symphonia with the Japanese voice option and no less than 100 different outfits for Colette. And possibly a new sidequest to make Presea regain all those lost years and grow older.

-A medium amount of money to Tri-Ace to produce a real sequel to Star Ocean 2, with 2D sprites on prerendered backgrounds. Or even just a remake for less money would suffice, I guess. Kill the bad translation ("Fighting Man") and world map slowdown, and get a consistent pronunciation for "Rena."

-As much money as it takes to get AKI to make wrestling games again. WWE, TNA, ROH, it doesn't matter. Without AKI, wrestling games are completely unworthy of a purchase for over ten bucks. Maybe not even then.

-A small amount of money to Square-Enix to port Chrono Trigger to the GBA or DS. I'm assuming that it can't cost that much.

-A small amount of money to Intelligent Systems to make a "War Room" style system for the Fire Emblem series, which drastically needs that since otherwise Advance Wars is kicking FE's medieval pants off.

-A medium amount of money to Amusement Vision to create more games like F-Zero GX.

-A medium amount of money to Camelot so that they can make a GBA/DS Mario Strikers game that, if Mario Tennis Power Tour is any indication, would absolutely slaughter the GC game and its astoundingly barebones design. And yes, I know Camelot didn't make Mario Strikers. That's exactly my point.

Top Bottom