• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You heard about the XBOX murders, the Nintendo wife-slaying...and now SOLITAIRE!!

CaptainABAB

http://www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3634728/detail.html

Fight Over Solitaire Game Leads To Couple Jumping From Balcony

POSTED: 5:36 pm EDT August 9, 2004

NEA IONIA, Greece -- A young Greek couple --described as love-struck and inseparable -- fought over who could play solitaire on their computer.

Now they're at separate hospitals, after apparently jumping off the same balcony.

The woman -- who's a member of the Greek Olympic judo team -- plunged to the ground on Saturday. She's listed Monday in critical condition.

Monday, the boyfriend jumped from the same third-floor balcony. He's on life-support at an Athens hospital.

Friends are shocked that the fight escalated so quickly, and with such tragic results.

----

What this article does not say (vs. what I see in my local amNY paper) is that the girl jumped off after the fight on Saturday, the police questioned the guy and released him, and then he tried jumping off on Sunday but friends and relatives restrained him.
His Grandmonther took him to a therapist on Monday, and then when they got back home, they were having lunch and then suddenly he stood and bolted for the balcony.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
His Grandmonther took him to a therapist on Monday, and then when they got back home, they were having lunch and then suddenly he stood and bolted for the balcony.

OK, that's actually pretty funny.

Richiban said:
I thought that video games were banned in Greece, or did I hear wrong?

not all gaming. They did ban pokemon after some kids jumped off balconies because of the cartoons - guess the adults saw pokemon forever or something.

What's with them jumping off balconies?

"Ok honey, I'll jump off the balcony, then you jump off. Whichever one of us is in less-critical condition gets to play Solitaire for the rest of the night."

Kon Tiki

Banned
worldrunover said:
What's with them jumping off balconies?

"Ok honey, I'll jump off the balcony, then you jump off. Whichever one of us is in less-critical condition gets to play Solitaire for the rest of the night."

Maybe they got bored and decided to play Tetris.

Mooreberg

The banning of games is probably what resulted in them playing solitaire on the computer. This wouldn't have happened if they had an xbox.

Top Bottom