• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You will be able to use PS3 sticks on PS4 for Ultra Street Fighter 4

As someone shit at fighting games can I get on OK with just my PS4 controller or is a fight stick necessary?

I never got this on PS4 but love the old games so would like to give it a go.

depends how serious you are. if you wanna fuck around and have good time sure play with a controller. If you wanna get good and actually be serious about it get a stick =] although they are pad warriors out there but its more optimal to play with a stick. that's just my opinion though.

SerTapTap

The only reason why this came to life imo of course, is because of the evo partnership with sony. Plus the game is old, so idk how madcatz and capcom gonna sort this thing out. Unless madcatz starts selling exclusive drivers cause i'm sure madcatz got dibs on SFV sticks/pads... This is bad business for madcatz though.

Still though, much like this game they're going to have a rough time transitioning tournaments (that they don't directly pay for) to PS4 if they make it a pain to play on PS4. FGC TOs don't seem to like working with PC anyway but it's still an option if the stick issue were a big enough problem on PS4. They can avoid that if they allow PS3 pads. I think if nothing else Sony can probably lean on Capcom harder than Madkatz, they have to be paying more.

Nocturno999

As someone shit at fighting games can I get on OK with just my PS4 controller or is a fight stick necessary?

The D-pad works great but joystick is much more comfortable for charge characters.

Neoxon

You can use a DualShock 4 if you want, more so since it can act as a wired controller with the USB plugged in (I.E. no input lag). Luffy (a competitive USF4 player) won EVO last year using a PS1 controller.

I think all the people who kept blasting Markman about only caring about money owe an apology.
This. He hinted at this news & Capcom delivered.

_jnup

Already have HRAP4 but not a big fan of the Kuro buttons. It will be great to use the TE1 and Qanba Q4 for this version.

SerTapTap

You can use a DualShock 4 if you want, more so since it can act as a wired controller with the USB plugged in (I.E. no input lag). Luffy (a competitive USF4 player) won EVO last year using a PS1 controller.

Input lag is pretty low with the DS4 pad--it's a 1000hz polling rate now, 4x that of DS3. But yeah, being able to play wired is still sweet.

ArcSys PLEASE

Yeah I really hope Arcsys and Namco follow Capcom in this.

I was going to get this but I think I'll just stay on PC so I don't have to get a PS4/PS3 stick (I have a 369/PC stick).

Great value though, 24.99 is a steal. I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours into the game over the years.

I think all the people who kept blasting Markman about only caring about money owe an apology.

It's messed up cause markman is a cool dude, so if people said that they should be ashamed. He's a company man it's part of his job description, can't hate the man he gotta do what he gotta do.

Nice!! Gratz to Capcom for understanding. I wish GG Xrd did the same thing though.

You don't have to feel intimidated or forced to be a stick warrior. There are top players with pads so it's all a matter of preference. One controller scheme doesn't make you better, although going from pad to stick myself years ago was quite an upgrade.

and just like that I'm 100% buying this game

we got a collection of homemade sticks here so I'm glad I won't be expected to buy or make any more until I absolutely need to

edit: oh man I thought the title had said "SFV". bummer. this is fantastic news for those of you with a PS4 who play Street Fighter, though, and I'm definitely glad it's the case. If SFV on PS4 has PS3 pad support then I'm sure I'll pick that game up when I have another PS4 for myself.

Neoxon

Already have HRAP4 but not a big fan of the Kuro buttons. It will be great to use the TE1 and Qanba Q4 for this version.
You can easily buy some Sanwa buttons online & switch them out. Given the model of your stick, the buttons are 30mm by default (the usual standard across arcade sticks), so swapping the buttons out should be easy.

A fight stick is never necessary. You can still do well on a DS4 if you put the practice in. It's all a matter of preference but once playing on a stick clicks, you'll feel weird playing a fighter on anything else.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still think it's absurd that an engineer had to write a driver in his off time for a small game and for this to even happen. This should have been built into the system in the first place, or someone at one of these bigger companies should have taken the initiative.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Agreed. It's really disgusting sometimes how quickly people come to conclusions and try t paint a person as some evil villain always trying to gaff them for money.

I still think it's absurd that an engineer had to write a driver in his off time for a small game and for this to even happen. This should have been built into the system in the first place, or someone at one of these bigger companies should have taken the initiative.

Lab zero the dark knight the hero we deserve.. i know madcatz must be upset
on the low of course they wont admit to this
Lol

vg260

Not to mention it was out of Mad Catz or the other hardware manufacturers' hands anyway. Sony was the one who locked out the PS3 peripherals and forced the software developers to come up with an in-game software-based solution.

Skilletor

That has nothing to do with Markman or Madcataz or even Hori. Peripheral makers have no control over that. Blame the console makers.

I'm not a company man or anything, but seeing so many people shit on Markman WHO IS EVEN THE REASON WE HAVE THE STICKS WE HAVE TODAY has been really frustrating.

He's an awesome dude who has done a lot for the community. Mad respect to him.

Don't see why MadCatz wouldn't support it - can't they just keep producing and selling the same products?

They can but they lost out on people who were going to be forced to buy a new ps4 stick at full price ( I'm talking from a company making money perspective) for the players however this is awesome.

Yasawas

BTW people, is the game coming out next week also in Europe? i can't find it in the "coming soon" PSN webstore.

Yes. The European playstation accounted tweeted it but the post has since been removed, presumably because Capcom wanted to announce it this weekend.

C-Drive

They can but they lost out on people who were going to be forced to buy a new ps4 stick at full price ( I'm talking from a company making money perspective) for the players however this is awesome.

I think they would save money by not having to make any changes to a product line that I'm sure has gotten cheaper to produce through the years. Or even using unsold stock with new stickers/casings. I'm not sure how any of this works though so I'm mainly making stuff up.

Top Bottom