• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your dream Announcement for this E3

Fbh

That Sony conference of E3 2015 is my favourite E3 memory. Kicking off with The Last Guardian and then basically breaking the entire gaming side of the internet (Gaf included) by announcing not only a FF7 Remake but also Shenmue 3, it was like the 3 of the most recurring games in those "dream announcement" threads like this....all at the same time.
The funny thing is, I don't even care about Shenmue 3 nor do I have much hope for the FF7 Remake. But the whole reaction to it all and seeing it happen live was still amazing.

So, with E3 a bit over a month away. What's your one big dream announcement for this E3?
To avoid this turning into a list thread, let's keep it at one. It can just be the one you are hoping for the most, or maybe the one you just don't expect happening.

For me, I'd love to see Nintendo Announce a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising.
KidIcarusUprising-747x309.jpg

I really loved that game and I hate how the conversation around it ended up focusing on the awkward controls instead of all the things it does so right.
It had some amazing levels with extremely nice presentation and great art direction. It had a fun story with charming characters, lots of humor and pretty great voice acting. It had more quality content than I think everyone expected with over 100 weapons, a really cool and unique difficulty system and a number of levels and stages that I think took pretty much everyone who played it by surprise. It even had a competent multiplayer mode. It also has, IMO, hands down and by far the best soundtrack of any Nintendo game ever, which was worked on by 6 composers and fills up 3 discs at over 3 hours of playtime....and the vast majority of it is awesome.
I really think a Sequel (or hell, at least a remaster) could shine on Switch. With better hardware they could make it all look even better, with more traditional controllers, more buttons and 2 analog sticks they can vastly improve the controls, it would help to expand the library in genres that aren't so abundant (both a sort of Shmup and action game), and a more expanded and balanced multiplayer could help improve the multiplayer offering on the system while at the same type giving them a multiplayer experience you don't really find on other consoles.

There's of course other games I'm really hoping get revealed, but since Sakurai is probably still too busy with Smash and as far as I know, the first game did decently with reviews but didn't sell very well, I'm not sure if Nintendo has any interest left in this franchise aside from putting some of its characters in Smash. So it would really a be a dream announcement.

Last edited:
A single Playstation Neo, OG PS4-sized at most, with performance on par with the Xbox One X, fully Playstation platform backwards compatible (PS1-2-3-Vita), integrated break-out box for a PSVR 2, and a dualmove controller. But obviously it's one year too early.

So besides F-Zero SX and new Rayman, there's nothing I'd expect, except maybe Bioshock but without Ken Levine I'd absolutely hate that they announce a new one.
Oh also legitimate final GAS (Game as Service) editions of games and legitimate FULL collection/remasters of some others, like GOW, Castlevania or Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

New Dino Crisis game

I hope Capcom makes a new one at some point. It could have Resident Evil 4 like gameplay. I really like the first 2 games but I never played the third one. It didn't look good. Metal Gear remake with Fox Engine would also be great

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Possible but improbable: The Legacy of Kain series remastered .

Most likely completely impossible: another game in the Chrono series (with the original writers) .

JP

I'd be ridiculously happy with a MotorStorm Remaster Collection being announced, ideally it would be the large project that Bluepoint Games will have been working on.

In terms of brand new games, I'd just like to be pleasantly surprised by a few of the announcements.

levyjl1988

Banned
Gamecube virtual games on Nintendo Switch. I want to play Star Fox Assault and Star Fox Adventures portable.

Nothing really. Smash and Pokemon already however are announced.

That was an Earth shattering E3, I couldn't believe it when they announced the FFVII remake, we'd all waited so long, only to wait longer with very few updates.

Although, this year is abit different, the game I want most is actually coming out, Red Dead Redemption 2. So I'm going to ask for some release dates instead, I would love release dates for the Luigi's Mansion remake on the 3DS, obviously the release date for the new Smash Bros on the Switch too. I'll definitely need a release date for Valkyria Chronicles 4 in North America, a release date for Kingdom Hearts III would be huge! Need a release date for the Last of Us Part II and last but certainly not least but the one I least expect with the many delays, a release date for the FFVII remake. Even if its something along the lines of 2021 on the PS5, I'd be ok with that, but not knowing is harder.

For new games I would go the Nintendo route too, their stuff has been so much fun to play, I would love to see Luigi's Mansion 3 on the Switch, maybe with a preorder bonus of the first 2 also available on the Switch. This system needs a Mario Party game! ...like yesterday, something along the lines of Mario Party 6. I've heard rumors of WaveRace being brought back and I would be down for that as a surprise announcement. New Mario Kart games are always welcome but I wouldn't expect it.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Even an upgraded port of Kid Icarus would be fantastic and perfect for the switch, I agree.

I'm mostly interested in seeing more of Nintendo's online service; in my dream, it would have quite a library of free-with-service content, a bit like a Netflix full of rotating retro Nintendo goodies from past consoles.

sublimit

Banned
^OP said no lists. You cheated. :p

It's either Onimusha 5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 i can't really choose. Both would make me jump and scream like an idiot.

Last edited:

DonF

Gold Member
I want a new megaman x, in the vain of maverick hunter but for current gen consoles. A new dino crisis, and a new RPG from square enix jp, something new or in the chrono universe, for current gen. I believe that the current gen, ps4, xbox1 and switch have a healthy number of consoles sold, enough to take a risk and develop new franchises, or returning franchises.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
^OP said no lists. You cheated. :p

It's either Onimusha 5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 i can't really choose. Both would make me jump and scream like an idiot.
You are right my bad, if have to choose from all those lists I go with New game from Yoko Taro.

Last edited:

Chozo_Lord

Fallout New Vegas 2. Not going to happen, though Bethesda Softworks might have some other nice stuff hopefully.

RAIDEN1

New F-Zero for the Switch...that looks as visually stunning as the GX version did...on top of that Wave Race 3 is back on the waves or a HD re-master of the original would do just fine....with those 2 then I would probably get a Nintendo Switch for sure..

brap

Banned
PS4 translated release of yakuza ishin and kenzan. RE2 remake coming this year. And Manhunt 3.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Dragon Quest VIII remake on PS4 with the orchestra recordings but for now ill just sertle for The Division 2 coming out this year :/

nani17

are in a big trouble
The Legacy of Kain remastered.
New F-Zero
New Command & Conquer
Something on the new Elder Scrolls.

Left 4 Dead 3
Portal 3

and a must
Skyrim on the SNES

Last edited:
Things that will literally never happen but would make this E3 better than 2015:

1. Bloodborne 2
2. RE2make showcased with an October release date
3. First episode of FFVII remake shown and dated for early next year
4. Yakuza Ishin localization

But since OP said no lists (and yeah I'm cheating), if I had to pick one thing out of that list, I would want the FFVII remake. If we got a visual on that and a relatively soon date, I don't think I'd care if the entire rest of the show was a flop.

Aggelos

New Dino Crisis game
Amen to that.
New Dino Crisis game based on RE Engine. For PS4Pro and XboxOneX...... That would be a dream come true.

And Dead or Alive 6 announcement. It has to come, because DOA5 with its upgrades sold pretty great.
Featuring more VF guest characters and what not.

-MD-

Talkin dreams here?

New Twisted Metal announced w/ PS4 port of Twisted Metal 2012
New Perfect Dark announced
Resident Evil 2 remake to be faithful to the original and follow in the footsteps of REmake.

A new Shadow Hearts game.
A new ambitious and good Star Ocean game.
A new soulslike game.
A new Chrono game from S-E.
Dino Crisis game.
New Suikoden game.
New Legend of Dragoon
A new Banjo Kazooie.
Dark Souls 2 and 3 for Switch.
Ni No Kuni for Switch.
Dragon Age Collection for Switch.
Mass Effect Collection for Switch.

I think that's it. Most wanted, from top (most) and downwards.

NickFire

Although I can think of many things, I'd be really happy if Bungie just announced they have decided its time to bring matchmaking to Destiny 2's raids and nightfalls.

NahaNago

• Onimusha
  • megaman legends 3
I got my digimon world game but was disappointed. I got my ff7 remake and I will probably be disappointed. Devil may cry should be announced this year and I don't think it will disappoint. My only wish for devil may cry is that the levels are impressive. Bayonetta was great but the environment was its biggest weakpoint. Oh yeah, FF spinoff announcement. I'd love for an ff16 announcement but with kingdom hearts and ff7 remake in the works anything else that large would just be ridiculous. Movie or tv announcements for games. I really don't understand why these companies don't promote their non video game merchandise at E3 like comics, books, soundtracks, music tours, and figurines. I also would like to say 2d animation works just fine for video game stories.

Texas Pride

Banned
I want a new SOCOM & MAG. Also bring back the Resistance series. Yeah I know there's no way in hell any of this happens.

Bryank75

Banned
I want a new SOCOM & MAG. Also bring back the Resistance series. Yeah I know there's no way in hell any of this happens.
I'd love Socom to return, I was so excited back when the first game came out. Syphon Filter is another one I'd love, we definitely are light on stealth action games this gen. A console version of the latest Civ would keep me very busy...

Texas Pride

Banned
I'd love Socom to return, I was so excited back when the first game came out. Syphon Filter is another one I'd love, we definitely are light on stealth action games this gen. A console version of the latest Civ would keep me very busy...

With the success of R6 Siege there's definitely still a market for SOCOM to sell.

synchronicity

Gold Member
God Hand 2 developed by Platinum. I don't care that Capcom owns the property. That's my dream...

edit: heck, I'd even go nuts over a remake of the original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom