• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your dream Announcement for this E3

Bryank75

Banned
With the success of R6 Siege there's definitely still a market for SOCOM to sell.
I used to love the old Ghost Recon games on 360, me and my friend were just hiding in some awesome spot under shade sniping people at ridiculous distances. That type of squad combat always gripped me like no other.

LOLCats

Banned
man i want a new Bethesda style RPG. Not ES or FO, but a new universe with the same type of open world environments and of course the modding. I need Bethesda space opera please.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Kingdom Hearts 3 Release date for September alongside a killer Collector's Edition and a Limited Edition PS4 Pro console. That would be my dream announcement.

Also would like to see a NieR 3 or Drakengard remastered trilogy. Also Devil May Cry 5 featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.

Obviously we are getting Halo 6 news at e3 this year. What would make it amazing is to see a lot of the complaints from Halo 5 addressed. Re-emphasis on BTB in addition to an improved warzone experience. A better plan for releasing additional matchmaking maps down the road and not map recreations. More maps too. Personal wish is for some of the abilities be removed to make the game controls simpler. Also please go back to a transparent ranking system where you level up and down and can see yours and others true rank. That would be fantastic. Oh and can it release this year?

iorek21

Dark Souls IV/ Bloodborne 2
Bully 2
Left 4 Dead 3
Batman Arkham Something
Persona 5 Golden
Undertale 2

CD'S BAR

MVC:I Season pass 2 (lol) and relaunch/complete edition
Shenmue Collection Summer release date
Switch price drop to $199
The end of the Nintendo software tax

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Sega Saturn HD Mini
Switch banned in US
Nintendo core games coming to smartphone and PC
PS5 in stores july 2018 $699
Lunar collection for Vita
Lunar 3 Vita exclusive

Lone Wolf

A new Capcom vs. SNK.

More realistic would be another Resistance. I love that series.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Infamous 1&2, Motorstorm series and Killzone 1 & 2 remasters at 60fps (1080p or higher).

Bloodborne 2

Xbox X-2 $899 with Kinect 3

Last edited:
CyberPunk shown live gameplay running on Scorpio, aaaand ....dropping this Holiday.

TLOU2 being released before Holiday's

And that spinoff similar to TLOU with a biker in lead role they showed live demos in the last couple of E3s.

For some reason I just have a feeling MS will be ballin at this years E3, this is the year they will bring Annihilation to the competition...high sodium levels incoming near you.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Microsoft: Alan Wake 2 or Ryse 2 ( yes I liked that game that much lol)

Sony: PS4 elite controller

Nintendo: F-Zero

EA:Kotor 3

Square: Super Mario RPG remastered

Ubi: Splinter Cell

Bethesda : Doom 2/5

Capcom: Devil May Cry 5

Last edited:

jwillenn

F-Zero: The Fastest Life

This can be sold as a whole or as separate halfs - 1/2 Drama, 1/2 Racing!

Drama is a story mode whose episodes are released periodically as costly DLC throughout the generation (and beyond) by the story, which each controllable character for races would have. The first story is (you guessed it) that of Captain Falcon's. The player can control a character in a super detailed futuristic world as if "Yakuza of F-Zero". This is a Brawler RPG that would contain violence, mild language, some "disturbing" scenes, nudity and sex. This part of the game is not developed by the "racing" team. However, if the player purchases the whole experience, Races will play a major role in building your character, as you could earn money faster (and there would be tons of stuff to spend money on). Some side stories would even require money or even races (inspired by GX Story Mode Missions). A characer's story is not very long. It may be about 3 hours to finish a story, but maybe getting into all the optional stuff available for that character could extend play to 10s of hours more per character.

On the "Racing" side, you have the dream of F-Zero SX.

Let's get the big deal out of the way first. 30p Online with various gameplay modes such as multiplayer challenge races (again, inspired by F-Zero GX's story missions), team relay, death race, and more. Players can experience these under 2 general modes of play - Past & Present. Past = Classic Play (think GX). Present = GX with new game changing mechanics. The mechanics I have in mind are Resource Allocation & Customization (Parts & Paint = Skills).

Resource Allocation is like that part in Episode I where Anakin had to make some adjustments to get his pod racer to as close to optimal as possible so that he could go on and win the race. You could also imagine Affordable Space Adventure applied to F-Zero, and gone crazy. During races, conditions are constantly affecting your machine's performance levels. You must often find balances that will best serve you towards finishing in 1st given the circumstance. Enter Auto-Pilot. Auto-Pilot is a mechanic that allows players to focus on playing with the "equalizer" instead of on manually racing. However, using this comes with various negatives while Auto-Pilot is engaged. The better players will "get good" at tweaking their settings in the mist of the racing without using AP.

Customization (Parts & Paint = Skills) takes Parts from GX to another level. However, there is a specific mode that allows use of this, and the stakes are very high. Not only is it a tougher leaderboard, but players are constantly wagering money (F-Zero money, that is) and components/parts. A basic example of a Skill effect would be "Auto Hop Over Mine At Cost of Energy". A positive for a negative. But arriving at these skills isn't just about the parts you use. It's about how you painted your vehicle. So you will randomly discover skills after completing a custom machine (by applying parts and then painting your machine). Once it is done, you can store it in your garage. However, use it in a race, and you could lose the machine (skills and all that makes the configuration special) if you don't finish well enough. While you can always recreate the machine (now that you know how), the cost goes up with each loss, so the grind gets heavier.

Other features would include a powerful track maker with the ability to upload for the Blind Race Lobby, where players will always race on tracks they've never experienced before at extremely high stakes (it's like X cup with tracks created by players), or simply to play with friends or randoms in casual races. User created tracks must go through an "inspection" process before they can be shared. I'm not sure of all the details, but perhaps by finishing in 1st Place under 3 starting conditions (last, mid, first) with 29 other Master Level AI.

There would be loads of stats and various leaderboards, triple renditions of all music from past F-Zeros (original remastered, future jazz'd out, drum & bass'd out), an addictive "continuous" replay channel with live chat rooms (voice chat or keyboard chat) and loads of options, and more (because why stop now? :D)

right now I want Banjo Kazooie remake or Banjo sequel this year 4K on Xbox One X releasing Aug 14, 2018.

Im not sure what another dream thing would be...Halo rpg ala Mass Effect with all new characters maybe

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sega Saturn HD Mini
Switch banned in US
Nintendo core games coming to smartphone and PC
PS5 in stores july 2018 $699
Lunar collection for Vita
Lunar 3 Vita exclusive
I'm sorry but this sounds like complete nightmare.

D3SCHA1N

In my dream of dreams

- At EA's conference, they get done talking about anthem & battlefield & all their other BS, the lights die down, people think it's over, and then you hear fading in a 'cathunk cathunk cathunk cathunk' of a skateboard on a sidewalk and bam! SKATE 4! They'd seriously win the show for me with that, but that's the only thing they could reveal that I care about from EA...

- Ubi announces the Toronto studio has been making a Splinter Cell game with Clint Hocking leading development since he's back there now.

- M$ announces some sort of exclusive game thats worth a damn.

- Rocksteady reveals their new game and it's not superman!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
- Gravity rush 3 (Japan Studio collaboration with Platinum Games) & Gravity rush animation
- Resonance of Fate 2 & Resonance of Fate remastered.
- Ninja Gaiden 1-3 NES Remake (engine Ninja gaiden Black)
- Final Fantasy VI Remake
- Zelda a Link to the Past Remake
- Zelda Breath of the wild DLC ( Zelda main Story and playable Character)
- Fatal Frame VI or Collection (Fatal Frame IV & V in Switch)
- Clock tower Reboot by Capcom ( Haunting Ground & Clock tower 3 Remastered)
- Commandos Reebot
- EA in Bankrupt
- Tatsunoko vs Capcom in Switch, PS4
- Split Second 2
- Xenogears Remake ( Re-Imagination 2 Disc playable)
- Valkyrie Profile 3
- Resident evil Outbreak 3 ( 1 or 2 playable online)
- Earthworm Jim Reebot
- Siren 4
- Old Capcom ( Developer of Arcades Beat em up) Returns
- Death Mark Coming to America and Europe in PS4 and Switch

GenericUser

...but the one I least expect with the many delays, a release date for the FFVII remake. Even if its something along the lines of 2021 on the PS5, I'd be ok with that, but not knowing is harder.

prepare for disappointment.

Dream announcement? Probably Starfield or TES6. A new open world RPG from Bethesda Game Studios that is not Fallout would be huge for me. Although I wish for a FF7:R release date, I doubt that square is even able to develop the game. I really don't think they are competent enough to plan, develop and publish a game of this size.

Last edited:

FranXico

I'd be ridiculously happy with a MotorStorm Remaster Collection being announced, ideally it would be the large project that Bluepoint Games will have been working on.

In terms of brand new games, I'd just like to be pleasantly surprised by a few of the announcements.

I lost count of how many times I said that, but a new MotorStorm for the PS4, with full community challenges, custom event settings, replay and track editor.

Also, whenever the PS5 is announced, it better be BC with PS4 games.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Dino Crisis game yeah I wouldn't mind it but it won't sell imo at full price.
I think it could sell well if done right. We don't get many dino games. New Jurassic World movie is coming soon so I'm sure people would buy dinosaur games.

Last edited:
-Respawns Star Wars game is actually KOTOR 3. A man can dream.
-MS to announce new Triple A first party exclusives.
-Also a price cut to the One X.
- Also announce that they either bought or created some new studios.

Ar¢tos

- Dreams release date
- Demon's Souls Remake (full remake by Bluepoint, maybe with 5th archstone, but pure bladestone drop rate needs to be fixed!)
- Puppeteer remaster (or re-release for ps4, the game doesn't need much work)
- Gex remake
- Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Lord of the Rings remaster (current gen needs more games for kids, and these are the best legos!)
- A decent Magic the Gathering game announcement.... DECENT... not the mediocre stuff that has been released in the past 2 gens.

Top Bottom