• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Fast Food Tier List

I just eat a hamburger or two at mcdonalds from time to time when I am very drunk and on my way home, since they are dirt cheap and I am too wasted to prepare something my self at home.

The rest of the time I cook for myself proper food.

chixdiggit

That's hard to argue, since everything at Culver's is soaked in butter.
That's not true at all.
"What a lot of folks don’t know is why it’s called a ButterBurger. We call our ButterBurgers “ButterBurgers,” not because they’ve been cooked, marinated, dunked, fried or drizzled with butter but because we lightly butter the crown of the bun for an extra touch of goodness. "

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
a0qUHaY.png

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
That's not true at all.
"What a lot of folks don’t know is why it’s called a ButterBurger. We call our ButterBurgers “ButterBurgers,” not because they’ve been cooked, marinated, dunked, fried or drizzled with butter but because we lightly butter the crown of the bun for an extra touch of goodness. "

A'ight , my bad.

On a side note, Culver's needs to go national.

A few years ago Culver's opened up about 30 minutes away from me. I never got around to checking it out, but the kids at the high school I worked at then were raving about it.

StormCell

So much Burger King hatred.

Honestly, when it comes down to McDonalds or BK, I go for the whopper every time. Most places don't even know there's supposed to be mayo on a hamburger. Serving me a burger on a dry bun is simply inexcusable.

If it wasn't for BK, I'd have starved to death while fishing. 10-pc nuggets for a $1.59? Can not beat it.

So much Burger King hatred.

Honestly, when it comes down to McDonalds or BK, I go for the whopper every time. Most places don't even know there's supposed to be mayo on a hamburger. Serving me a burger on a dry bun is simply inexcusable.

If it wasn't for BK, I'd have starved to death while fishing. 10-pc nuggets for a $1.59? Can not beat it.

Everytime I went to BK the burger is either smothered in mayo, even if I ask for it light, or the nuggers are ice cold. Probably just a bad location (shit varies a lot spot to spot, who is working etc).

I agree that Whopper tastes better than a Big Mac, overall, but to me that is just a race to the bottom

It’s OK to rank these as preference, but to say that a billion-dollar franchise makes bad food is just ignorant. You don’t become a billion-dollar franchise without being good. Period.

How do you define "being good," though? Being good at selling cheap, somewhat addictive food?

Also, maybe taste is subjective?

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

It’s OK to rank these as preference, but to say that a billion-dollar franchise makes bad food is just ignorant. You don’t become a billion-dollar franchise without being good. Period.

I think Jack in The Box is legitimately bad. Worst burgers by far and it's easily the worst value if you're buying a meal. Their burgers are small in comparison to most others.

I think Jack in The Box is legitimately bad. Worst burgers by far and it's easily the worst value if you're buying a meal. Their burgers are small in comparison to most others.

When I was in college they had a value item just called "Big Cheeseburger" and it was $1.15 and really good. big, juicy burger. I would get that, two tacos, and a chicken sandwich for like $3.50 total. They discontinued the Big Cheeseburger awhile ago, at least it was no longer on the menu the last time I went to Jack in the Box. Their meals are terrible deals, I would always just get individual prices items. Their pries, all around, have gone up since the earl 2000s too, but I guess they all have (except maybe Taco Bell, Taco Bell still seems cheap)

SpiceRacz

When I was in college they had a value item just called "Big Cheeseburger" and it was $1.15 and really good. big, juicy burger. I would get that, two tacos, and a chicken sandwich for like $3.50 total. They discontinued the Big Cheeseburger awhile ago, at least it was no longer on the menu the last time I went to Jack in the Box. Their meals are terrible deals, I would always just get individual prices items. Their pries, all around, have gone up since the earl 2000s too, but I guess they all have (except maybe Taco Bell, Taco Bell still seems cheap)

My man. I lived off those in high school. I would cover the patty in the taco hot sauce.

Romulus

None of it. I honestly can't believe humans eat this shit on a regular basis with all the information that's out there. I can understand that if you're starving and someone randomly appears with a big mac.

Last edited:
I'm not American and I don't purchase a lot of fast food so I can't comment too much on these. But I've heard stories about people wanting to shoot each other for some In-N-Out action.

SpiceRacz

I'm not American and I don't purchase a lot of fast food so I can't comment too much on these. But I've heard stories about people wanting to shoot each other for some In-N-Out action.

People are fucking serious about in n out. Not unusual to see a line of 20 cars in the drive thru.

TaySan

Banned
Out of those options available. Culvers and Freddy's would be top tier for me.
360urXp.png

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Of those I only ever have eaten at McD and Burger King, both are meh. I will do a rating of dishes instead:

1. Doner Kebap
2. Pizza
3. Hamburgers (only self-made with low-fat ground beef)
4. Chinese take-away noodles with chicken breast

----
Everything else (won't eat)

Dural

A'ight , my bad.

On a side note, Culver's needs to go national.

My wife and I had talked about this, we'd love to open some in Arizona or Florida. Culver's is an institution in Wisconsin and N Illinois and lots of people from those areas retire to Arizona and Florida. My wife knows some people that opened several in Missouri and apparently they're doing fantastic. I'd put them in my top tier, their chili fries are amazing as is the sourdough melt.

qhDWu9T.jpg

A couple others that I'd put top tier are Portillo's and Buona Beef, I'd put them above just about everything other than In n Out.

hZTuzEB.jpg

Last edited:

Rbk_3

5 guys in Canada is absurd. Had it for the first time Sunday. For 2 bacon cheese burgers, 2 medium fries and 2 drinks it was over $40.

Fbh

Not in the US but from the ones we have here (Chile):

7bhiCTr.png

Mcdonalds has that plasticky artificial flavor that no one else quite matches. It's what I want from fast food burgers, otherwise it's just a shitty burger
Popeyes is nice, the fries are awesome and it's the best fast food fried chicken around here
PapaJohns is very greasy but nice
Taco Ball has that Mcdonalds style artificial flavor but in taco form. Used to be top tier but some locations now only carry the mild hot sauce which sucks.
Wendys and Burger King are meh. Lacks the unique flavor of Mcdonals so it's just a shitty burger
Pizza Hut and Dominos, pretty bad but it's generally a lot of pizza for a relatively low price. And even bad pizza is ok
KFC, wouldn't even call it chicken. You get some weird fried blob with chicken flavoring

SpiceRacz

My wife and I had talked about this, we'd love to open some in Arizona or Florida. Culver's is an institution in Wisconsin and N Illinois and lots of people from those areas retire to Arizona and Florida. My wife knows some people that opened several in Missouri and apparently they're doing fantastic. I'd put them in my top tier, their chili fries are amazing as is the sourdough melt.

qhDWu9T.jpg

A couple others that I'd put top tier are Portillo's and Buona Beef, I'd put them above just about everything other than In n Out.

hZTuzEB.jpg

You'd be late to the party. There's already quite a few in Phoenix.

Dural

You'd be late to the party. There's already quite a few in Phoenix.

Well damn, someone else had the same idea.

Just looked at their map of locations and they've expanded quite a lot, 65 locations in Florida. Still none in California, not sure how it would go over out there.

SpiceRacz

Well damn, someone else had the same idea.

Just looked at their map of locations and they've expanded quite a lot, 65 locations in Florida. Still none in California, not sure how it would go over out there.

I think in n out is king over there, but I'll take a butter burger over in n out any day.

Bigrx1

Banned
I would add Subway to Craveable and Whataburger to If it's available. Also, I have no idea how Burger King even still exists - I am 41 and have never in my entire life had a single friend or family member or coworker say "let's get Burger King."

22sus1r.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom