• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite unnecessary casualties in movies

B7gbu.gif

exfatal

The black car in the first transformers who got ripped in half. Jax?
"You wanna peice of me?!" he yells while shooting megatron
"No i want two!!" precedes to rip him in half. Loved and hated that scene he was my fav character lol R.I.P brother... also no one gave a shit when he died... not even a pause :(

The Nice Guys has so many of these throughout the whole movie. Random dudes in the background catching bullets in shootouts and such, it's hilarious.

SoulUnison

Banned
That Green Goblin CGI aged HORRIBLY, damn.

It's, like, somehow worse than obvious green screening.

Also Spider-Man running from gunfire like this had the budget of a Power Rangers episode.

PSqueak

Banned
Crash and the Guys in Scott Pilgrim the movie, it was weird and kinda off putting considering one of them was a little girl.

Even weirder when you take in account that in the comics they're supposed to comeback later.

Myriadis

God this was so fucking dumb. I didn't know what happened at first. I thought he just slipped and hit his head and died. What a lame way to go.

tbh, what did they expect giving someone who doesn't have any experience with weapons a gun and then putting him into some dangerous situation?

Plum

In the Season 6 finale of Game of Thrones where some random nameless peasent gets absolutely wrecked when
the bell of the Sept falls on him after it's blown up.
. I'd put that on the same level as Titanic Propeller guy, it's just so unnecessarily brutal that it becomes, in a dark way, somewhat funny.

AlexBasch

This shootout and subsequent car chase from The Corruptor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XocilbTNpV8

Starts with a random Chinese henchman getting shot in the drivers seat without even attempting to take cover, and proceeds to show several random new york pedestrians getting shot/run over/blown up as the cops pursue these guys through chinatown
That helping hand during the handgun reloading looked kinda cute for some reason.

Like "you mind?", "oh sure bud". Should be a co-op mechanic or something in shooting games, haha.

7edEil4.gif

Propeller Man in Titanic.
Reminds me of when I first got Dave Mirra 2 on the GCN and would spend hours on the highway level flinging my ragdoll biker at cars. Good times.

Also, what's that flare drop one from, with the bearded dude with the glasses?

The vast majority of people stuck in Metropolis during the last half hour of Man of Steel.

And no, making it a plot point in BvS doesn't make it okay.

Yes it does. These are 2 super strong Demi gods fighting. What do you want, them to knock over a few chairs and tables, go for a kebab after, and call that an alien invasion?

Top Bottom