• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Youtube gamers?

mcjmetroid

Game grumps I think I watch sometimes because I find them funny but in general I don't know how people can stomach streamers or let's plays especially American ones no offence.

It's all about the longplay no commentary videos for me

sublimit

Banned
TheGamerDarius
Really nice guy,with nice humor who likes to play lots of very niche and unique games (including a lot of older FromSoftware titles).

GemmaLady
One of the most knowledgable Dragon's Dogma players out there especially regarding Pawns and Pawn building/training. She's also very kind and friendly.

S7 Gaming
Another great Dragon's Dogma player with lots of guides,tips and other very helpful videos for those who want to take their game to the next level.

Hell Fire RPGs
I found this guy through his Code Vein review (one of the most fair and objective reviews about the game out there) but stayed because i also liked the rest of his content as well. I especially enjoy his reviews.

Nihil0.0
My favorite Dragon's Dogma player out there his videos are pure treasures of knowledge about the game. He really takes it to the next level wit a lot of tests and experiments of his own. I feel that i appreciated Dragon's Dogma much much more after i discovered his channel even though i had already absolutely loved the game.

Nomad Colossus
This guy is legendary. If you're a Team Ico fan you probably already know him.

Gaming Goddess
I love her JRPG reviews.

Backlog Battle
Focused on Japanese games. I haven't been following him for too long but i enjoy his videos so far.

There are also a lot of Souls gamers that i have been following for a long time but most of them are now almost exclusively on Twitch or have stopped making content. ENB,Oroboro,GermanSpy,Peeve Peeverson,PVPSkillz are some of them.

Last edited:
Lately I've been enjoying small channels like Lady Lilia and Bithead1000, both around my age of 36.

The first is a female streamer who loves old-school PC gaming, especially cRPGs, but somehow missed some obvious classics. It's fun to see her reaction and commentary playing games like Gothic, Resident Evil and Half-Life for the first time:

The second is a PC-Engine fanboy and collector who loves 8-bit gaming and have a great taste in music. But the best thing about him is his daily-life/childhood stories and rants. He's a great storyteller and doesn't give a single fuck about being politically correct. He's also a great artist and have quite interesting projects, like the Snes fish tank:

sublimit

Banned
Lately I've been enjoying small channels like Lady Lilia and Bithead1000, both around my age of 36.

The first is a female streamer who loves old-school PC gaming, especially cRPGs, but somehow missed some obvious classics. It's fun to see her reaction and commentary playing games like Gothic, Resident Evil and Half-Life for the first time:

I like Lilia. Most of the games she plays are games that i would never play myself but at the same time they are interesting to watch others play them. Her Uncharted series Lets Plays are my favorite from her. She has nice humor. :)

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
There's this one guy who used go by Kirby something, he was a really chill bro who would play Mario Party games and some other games too but I remember him for the Mario Party games and his commentary. I cannot recall what he went by though; _____Kirby so something Kirby I think it was

Ok found out his name: SlimKirby

Really relaxing and fun to watch Mario Party games I found

The Alien

Banned
Crapgamer

I love his fair & balanced commentary. He's insightful and has a deep network of reliable industry insiders.

He also stands firm in his belief and never flip flops to gain more viewers.....and never...ever uses clickbait headlines.

Lastly, his multiple, daily 5 minute videos provide me with nice little nuggets of gaming content while taking 4 of those minutes to update me on his channel and how best to support him.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG
Maximilian Dood

Not only does he have my same taste in games, but also the same characters picks as well. If I were to play him in a fighting game, it would be a mirror match every single game lol

xrnzaaas

I don't subscribe to many gamers channels tbh...
ACG - his reviews are actual honest ones and I think we have similar taste
MrFreeze2244 - because of his Hitman content
Crowbcat - he used to make really funny and/or interesting compilation videos, but it seems like the channel has been half-dead for a while
MotoGamesTV - I love racing games so that's the reason :) afaik it's ran by 1 person

Some of mine would be

BitHead 1000

Modern Vintage Gamer

My Life In Gaming

Game Shack

Dan Wood

iPlay SEGA

ETA Prime

Beta64

Randomised Gaming

Retro Core

paulisthebest3uk

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Getting lots of new to me channels to check out.
I'd also like to point out World of Longplays. It's exactly like it sounds. Tons of games played all the way through with no commentary what so ever.

Anki

Banned
I dont waste my time watching other people play games, however i enjoy watching game sack channel and my life in gaming from time to time.

Last edited:

Xeaker

My favorites at the moment are

TheParappa

Yuni Fenrir

BeatEmUps

Caffeine

i dont really watch playthrough gamers in fact im only subbed to cod channels lol, and maxamillion dood. a couple rappers, jre.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Im not into watching playtroughs or gameplay videos at all, but I really like to watch stuff from Jimmy Broadbent. Dude has a big charism and is really down to earth and funny. He is even starting a career in amateur Karting and progressing there.

Super fun to watch if you like motorsport games.

D3SCHA1N

I don't watch any with any sort of regularity. Once in a while if I notice a related or recommended video I've watched a clip or 2 of cohhcarnage or marz because they had gameplay of games I was playing, but I'm not subscribed to anyone...

sedg87

Banned
Don't watch too many Youtubers, only three that I can actually remember.

Sphere Hunter. Most of her content is Resident Evil related.

Always enjoy his videos.

John always plays games in my favourite genre (horror). Doesn't tend to overreact like a lot of people who play horror games. Picked up a lot of obscure titles thanks to him.

Doom85

Super Best Friends Play, but they're no longer a full group. Their solo stuff isn't as interesting, I do like their occasional post-breakup team-ups like Matt and Liam playing Sonic Adventure 02 was fairly good. Wish Pat and Woolie would get back to doing LP's together (Knights of the Old Republic 2, do it!!!), especially since I just can't follow Pat's girlfriend Paige playing (there's bad at Dark Souls, and then there's whatever she's doing) and I don't find Woolie's other friends he brings on interesting, his videos would actually be better with him solo than those other guys (no offense to them) if Pat isn't available.

Don't really enjoy any other LP'ers, at least not ones I can regularly follow. Didn't care for the Arin/Jon years of GameGrumps as I don't find the latter funny, but I did like the first few years of Arin/Danny especially their Sonic Boom playthrough had a lot of funny moments. But then Arin's faults and attitude started annoying me, and the LP cancellations (if we can call them that, they don't even acknowledge they stop usually) started getting under my skin, especially Mario Odyssey as IIRC they only had one world left so why not finish it?! And I hear the excuse, "well, it must not have been getting enough views!" Apparently hundreds of thousands of views isn't "enough", and judging by their massive studio these two are set for life most likely, I think they'll survive occasionally only making SOME money instead of A LOT of money. But yeah, I grew tired of Arin, though Danny is still cool to me.

It used to be GameGrumps (Arin and Jon). Dan was okay for a little while but the episodes became so dry and the games they were playing less interesting that I didn't even recognize the channel anymore and that includes the video thumbnails looking more generic.

OneyPlays were much better but I haven't watched any new episodes from them since Ding Dong and Julian left although I will say Zach compliments Chris' commentary really well. You should recognize them if you've ever seen their Hellbenders animations.

Nowadays, I mainly watch stuff like DYKGaming?, Gaming Historian, GVMERS etc. Gaming videos that are more insightful and interesting. Scott The Woz is pretty good too (wish I had discovered his content sooner).

Last edited:

Cravis

I’ve really been enjoying Gilly the Kid

Game Dave is really good. I don’t see how he isn’t bigger.

paparazzo

Wilburgur. His mockery of Oblivion glitches is the best. Recommend starting with his Oblivion playlist if you check him out.

stitch1

I don't even understand the appeal of watching streamers. But I do like hearing what solidrev on YouTube has to say about games in general. I don't always agree but at least he's telling you his honest feelings. He plays a lot of games I probably won't without someone vouching for them first.

I like all the soft spoken, quiet one's that aren't popular.

Sinatar and HeroOfLight come to mind.

There's aulddragon and MKFireAndIce. Kenshin1913.

I also like FloofyGaming (@omgfloofy on Twitter) for her Falcom stuff and EmiruTheKnight.

Yeah same. Can't stand the shouting and gimmics. Also extra bonus of they do nat have a face came.

I mostly watch :
Neebs Gaming
ChristopherOdd
Baradul

ACG - reviews/twitch

Last edited:

GymWolf

I only follow cohhcarnage and the italians "identità confuse".

Sometimes i watch arekz or the gameconomist for some monster hunter world guide.

AllyITA

eurogamer: mostly for the late to the party episodes
Epicnamebro: without his let's play/lore series on dark souls i would've never finished/understood the game
Hutch: following him since the COD motage era, now i watch him here and then

I'll sub to anyone if they have enjoyable videos, but even then any 'big' youtuber that begs for views or likes at the start or end of a video is instantly removed from my subs. You have 3 million subscribers, why are you setting like goals on your fucking playthrough motherfucker? Renders the entire thing super fake. IF you want money go livestream on twitch you bum.

Kupfer

The only two gaming related channels I follow are

Digital Foundry

Rocket Beans TV
(They did daily let's plays since year 2000, so way before YouTube was a thing, in German television)
Now they have a 24/7 YouTube stream with own content from quiz shows to pen & paper, gaming of course, a daily live morning show, podcasts and so on.

Griffon

On twitch Vinesauce, AvoidingThePuddle and Lirik can be pretty funny.

Otherwise during off-hours I just go to http://www.speedrunslive.com/ there's always some cool speedrun going on.

I've long stopped watching Youtube let's play, twitch overtook it (explanation is not rocket science: twitch affords better living conditions for smaller channels than youtube ever did or will).

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
My Favourites

PBG
Whitelight
Joseph Anderson
Jim Sterling
Scott The Woz
Total Biscuit
IHE (His Destiny Videos are king)
YongYea
TheActMan

Those I Despise

Dreamcast Guy
The Game Theorists
Jacksepticeye
Vanoss Gaming

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Vinny from Vinesauce
ProZD - SunWon Cho (Press buttons 'n talk)
Gab Smolders - GG Gab
BOWIEtheHero
Johneawesome
MandaloreGaming
Boomstick Gaming
BlunZ
MinnMaxShow
Easy Allies
Run Button
Gaijin Hunter

Some of this just for let's plays other just for reviews or just for news.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
I love PDP, but nowadays i don't consider him a youtube gamer only.

I don't think he's a youtube gamer anymore, most of his contents are Youtube poop / clickbait type of contents, cause that's what generate more profits.

Top Bottom