• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite shoe brand?

Fav shoe brand?

• Total voters

jts

...hate me...
There may be a more comfortable shoe as I haven’t tried them all, but my feet are in heaven in a pair of Nike Pegasus.

Hudo

I find myself wearing mostly stuff from Hoka One One or Nike. But I rarely buy shoes anyway.

Dark Star

Style? Adidas and Vans all day, every day. I love Adidas skate shoes. Vans look cool but they aren't that comfortable TBH.

Comfort? I guess Nike. The most comfortable shoes I currently own are Nike Downshifters.

Overall? I'd vote Adidas, they have both sport, casual wear and skateboarding culture and design. I don't buy shoes that often, and I'm not a "shoe collector" or anything like that. To me it's mostly the purpose of the shoe (dress, sport, casual wear, etc) that matters the most. I think Adidas offers the best of both worlds in that case.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I have giant feet, so i love any brand with shoes big enough, so the usual nike, adidas etc.

A lot of brands don't make shoes over the 47 (european measure) and i have 50.

TDiddyLive

Bought my first pair of New Balance a few months ago and have loved them. I was a Nike lifer until they went overboard with the social justice signaling. While I still preferred the looks of the Nikes, the comfort of the New Balance made it an easy transition.

Breakage

I usually stick with Adidas triple blacks, but I think I'll have to go with another brand because I can't find a pair of Adidas trainers that looks good. A lot of modern trainers in general are unbelievably ugly. I don't know what happened.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Adidas. I've always really liked the 3 stripe design. I don't like brand logos on clothing, but the stripes are more of a design element that can be broadly applied and still indicate Adidas, something about that I really like. Never understood people's fascination with Nike, always felt super corporate and brand centric to me, to say nothing of the weird fascination with Jordans.

cXjzZhqT.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't wear shoes anymore. I think I have a dusty pair of New Balance runners from 7 years ago somewhere. Red Wings or Wolverines for boots. Sandals/thongs sometimes on the beach, or barefoot. Most recently, Skinners socks have allowed me to ignore sandals/thongs.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I just got some Iron Rangers six months ago and constantly joke that they're one of the three greatest investments I've ever made in my life. Love em.

But I came here to post this...

1011A169_003_SR_RT

Asics Gel-Nimbus. Most comfortable footwear on planet Earth. I've been buying them for almost 10 years straight now.
On my second pair of these as well

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I like Converse, they cute, but I'd buy knockoffs if I could try them on first. I hate when clothing companies throw a logo on their clothes, but at least it's real easy to remove them from Converse.

Arkam

Spent two decades wearing Vans, Converse, DC and other such skate shoes before I switched to New Balance/Nike athletic shoes. The comfort level is night and day! Probably not as good for skating, but I havent owned a board in 10years. I do however walk everyday and enjoy the comfort. Plus they breath better and are lighter!

xrnzaaas

From my experience all the big brands like Adidas, Nike or Reebok are absolutely shit quality. It may be difficult for them to last a full year. I don't have one to go brand, but I like Salomon shoes.

My current summer daily shoes:
dpIqJxt.jpg

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: MrS

Mossybrew

Doc Martens and Vans. Though Docs, I gotta say, they just don't make 'em like they used to. My last two pairs have had issues with the soles coming apart.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nike's are unbelievable everything else is mediocre if I had to choose a second it's Adidas. I'm not putting anything else on my feet.

Nike-Lebron-Soldier-10-other-side-slider1400x900.jpg

19ADIMHRDNSBBLKPRMNS_Black_Red_Gold

• LOL

Nixonomics

Allbirds are the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. They're made from Merino wool and are really light weight and easy to clean. I would normally never wear a shoe without a sock but I find myself throwing these on bare foot frequently. I bought my first pair at the end of last year and since then have bought 3 more pairs. I highly recommend them.

qn8IIoC.png

• LOL
When I am not wearing my Red Wings or hiking boots it is almost always something garish in color from New Balance. I appreciate the comfort and the flair.

Rbk_3

Depends for what. Running it is definitely the Brooks Adrenaline or Asics Kayano series.

For work shoes, I like Redwings

Fbh

Adidas. Out of all the brands I've tried they have consistently had the best quality by far.

Just replaced these ones (you need something a bit outdoors resistant around here):
20674d8e79cfc13b356b1057fd7b7e5d.jpg

Had them for like 4 years wearing them almost daily for 2 of them.

0neAnd0nly

I like Merrell's but I've got a pair of Red Wings coming in so we'll see if that changes.

Merrill makes some decent stuff, but RW is a better shoe maker. If it’s your first GYW shoe Give it some time to break in before judgement.

Alden is my answer to the question overall. Indy’s cannot be beat IMO for style and comfort. These will change anyone’s opinion regarding footwear.

but the question is a bit too open.

sneaker: New Balance 997R or 1978. Comfortable, made in USA, tough and fairly stylish (one sleek the other classic). Also a fan of PF FLYERS for aesthetic casual, though no experience with them personally.

Dress shoe: Alden or Allen Edmond. Huge fan of the Strandmok by AE, and most everything Alden touches is fire.

Casual (non-sneaker): Quoddy or Rancourt. I wear my Quoddy Mocs a lot.

Boot: This list is huge, but my favorite overall boot is also my favorite overall footwear in general - The Alden Indy (preferably 405 or 403, but I like all the styles/ leather options pretty universally).

Top Bottom