• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Halloween Costume Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Everyone has told me I should go as little wayne. So this year I'm gonna - all I need is some wet application waterproof eyeliner (something a girl told me, I am still not 100% on what this is) for the tatoos, and a tank top. Does little wayne have a metal grill?

Tunavi

Banned
701408-timmy_turner_large.jpg

LProtag

I keep forgetting to make a costume and do something half-assed in a short period of time. Last year was pretty good when I went as Dale Cooper (see avatar), a lot of people didn't get it, but the lead guitarist from Anamanaguchi nailed it right away when I met him at the college radio station before the show I was going to, so that was awesome.

This year I just ordered a shirt and I'm going as a Star Trek science officer, haha.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'll probably actually do a full Finn costume this year, but I will be going as Finn from "The Real You" episode. With full glasses and I'll be sure to do some drugs as well to get the wide eye'd effect. Just need to go out and buy a sky blue shirt, dark blue shorts. Then I'll have to make a sword which shouldn't be too hard.

v7Hw9l.jpg

JackEtc

After wandering into women's stores and looking at bras and being embarrased (it was all for nothing since they didn't have the one I was told about), I bought this yesterday along with some white gloves. Final part to my Gaga costume.

Pjirb.png

I have no dignity. Will definitely post pics for GAF though, lol.

Anth0ny

So I got my horse mask

and there's no chance in fuck I'm going to be able to wear this thing for more than 2 minutes. can't fucking breathe

But it's still hilarious.

agrajag

Banned
a bunch of folks from my job are dressing up as South Park super heroes, like The Coon, Mysterion, etc. I'm going to be Professor Chaos.

professor-chaos.jpg

DevelopmentArrested said:
If only they shipped the Jacket before Halloween :(

ryan-gosling-drive-jacket.jpg

If you're willing to put some work into it you can make your own. My brother is doing this. He found a super high resolution screen capture of the jacket and cropped it out. He used a service called Spoonflower to copy the scorpion to a piece of heavy duty fabric and then he going to sew it on to a plain white baseball jacket

Kind of a makeshift Pikachu costume. Got a perfect yellow top and found an amazing yellow shirt at a thrift store. Just have to cut it a bit to make it look sexier. Throw some stockings on, make some ears and a tail and a little bit of face paint and we're golden! I know I can find some girl who wants to bang Pikachu

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
DevelopmentArrested said:
If only they shipped the Jacket before Halloween :(

ryan-gosling-drive-jacket.jpg

ya could just rock the bloody henley and a hammer....but then everyone would just think you're dexter morgan (2 costumes in one! score!)

The Outsider said:
I was looking at this thread for inspiration, but then I realized that my avatar is all the inspiration I needed. Now I'm set!
Ah! Good call on Party Down Adam Scott. Think I'm totally going to steal your idea. All I need to buy is a bow-tie, so that's cool.

24FrameDaVinci said:
Just finished my Deadmau5 mask. Not perfect, but will be a fucking riot at parties/bars with my gf. The eyes glow in the dark.

QSYFu.png

You should incorporate one of those beer can hats into the internal structure.

J-Roderton

24FrameDaVinci said:
Just finished my Deadmau5 mask. Not perfect, but will be a fucking riot at parties/bars with my gf. The eyes glow in the dark.

QSYFu.png

Was going to do this but Amazon sent me the wrong size ball for the main head part. I don't have time to get a new one.

What did you make yours out of?

wetwired

I'm not doing anything this year and rarely do (I'm in Australia) but I thought I'd post the one costume I've ever done and me looking like a stunned mullet

frankwest.jpg

Jroderton said:
Was going to do this but Amazon sent me the wrong size ball for the main head part. I don't have time to get a new one.

What did you make yours out of?
Essentially its a 13" Hamster Ball, Anything you wanna make the ears from, we used cardboard, 2 yards of linen (I used stretchy polyester), a 5'' styrofoam ball cut in half for the eyes, wiremesh for the mouth, foam lining for the lips, and a saw to cut the hamster ball.

Yami

Don't normally do Halloween much, but [Barney voice] flight-suiting up with a buddy for some idiotic wingman action.[/Barney voice]

Queue up Highway To The Dangerzone, stick the aviators on and rock it like it's the 80's.

Hell yes.

68322_1207941643436_full.jpg

God bless you Barney Stinson.

Harry Potter said:
I think you need a bigger hat.
No way, man. Heisenberg's hat has a 1 3/4 inch brim. You might not be able to tell from these angles, but the hat is awesome!

24FrameDaVinci said:
He needs to add a few wrinkles to his face somehow.
It's on my to-do list, along with cooking meth. Need to figure out if there's a cost effective solution.

akira28

Exclamation-One said:

Still a work in progress.

so...Van Morrison?

I'm thinking of going as nerd Batman. I even found a pocket protector on Amazon. But if the mask can't make it in time, I dunno. Might be antisocial and skip the party.

"I'm Batrick Batmanglij..."

edit:

Oh you're going as that breaking bad guy. I think he wears a porkpie hat, smaller brim and the crown is flat on top and a bit wider.

Exclamation-One said:
No way, man. Heisenberg's hat has a 1 3/4 inch brim. You might not be able to tell from these angles, but the hat is awesome!

It's on my to-do list, along with cooking meth. Need to figure out if there's a cost effective solution.

I'm talking size. It's too far up your forehead.

Exclamation-One said:
Oh, haha. My friend kept telling me to wear it lower. I just wanted to show off the bald head!

Haha. The only reason I took notice is because I'm going as him also. I ordered a hat and got it today and it was so damn small. Ordered another that was $10 more but had an actual size. Hope to get it by next weekend.

Harry Potter said:
Haha. The only reason I took notice is because I'm going as him also. I ordered a hat and got it today and it was so damn small. Ordered another that was $10 more but had an actual size. Hope to get it by next weekend.
Which hat? Mine was a Jaxon Wool. LINK

I think this one may also be a good match:
Wool felt, 1 5/8 inch brim, 1 1/2 inch ribbon band.

As Heisenberg wears the brim tilted up (classic style), I really recommend a brim of at least 1 1/2 inches, otherwise it'll look goofy.

B.K. said:
Only if he buys some blue rock candy, crushes it up, and carries it around in a plastic bag.
Hell no, I'm not buying my meth. I MAKE IT.

Step one: Gather Supplies

* 250mL of H20

* Approximately 1kg of C12H22O11; table sugar will suffice.

*Extract of Citrus limon, Citrus latifolia or other flavorful substance

*Artificial blue coloring, food-grade

*1L round-bottom boiling flask; boiling pan will suffice

*Stirring rod

*Thermometer designed for elevated temperatures (we will be reaching ~150o C, or ~305o F)

*Parchment paper

*Bunsen Burner; stove-top range will suffice

Step two: Preparing the Reactants

In your 1L round-bottom boiling flask, bring 250mL of H2O to 100o C. You should notice bubbling, this is expected. Reduce the Bunsen Burner until the bubbling comes to a stop but vapor still develops. To the H2O, add C12H22O11 in increments, stirring between additions and adding more after the C12H22O11 appears to fully dissolve. Continue this procedure until no more C12H22O11 will dissolve into the H20.

While this solution is being created, in a separate container combine 5mL of Citrus limon and 5mL of Citrus latifolia. Other flavors can be used, but may need adjusting to ensure proper final product. Also add 2 drops of food-grade blue dye, approximately 1mL. Your solution should look like this: link. Set aside.

Step three: Reduction

Set Bunsen Burner to medium heat and place thermometer into solution. The solution will quickly heat to 100o C (212o F) and then slow. Maintain watch over the solution as over-heating will ruin the final product.

While this is heating, spread out some parchment paper for later use: link

Step 4: Combining Reactants

Once the solution reaches 150o C (305o F), add the color and flavoring. Use stirring rod to thoroughly mix the two solutions. Immediately pour onto the parchment paper and let cool.
via reddit

Harry Potter said:
The final product picture of that meth looks so bad.
Scroll down, he did another batch using JELLO. The color is good but it's a bit cloudy.

So, I think this is something that'll require experimentation. I'm not sure what food coloring he used, but I'm thinking this'll be your best bet:

neon.bmp

I think I'm going to be Marty McFly.

Already have the red vest jacket, blue jeans, red t-shirt, aviators, digital watch.

Just have to find a denim jacket , a plaid shirt, and black suspenders. Might try to find a cassette player and headphones too.

I found a "Tony Hawk's Shred (Xbox 360)" board at Big Lots for $20. I've bought spray paint and I'm going to turn it into the Mattel™ Hover Baord.

I'm also going to print out some "Save the Clock Tower" flyers to hand out.

Might even photoshop one of my family photos, print out multiple copies with each one having a more faded/ghosted version of me.

balddemon

Banned
what are good halloween costumes for couples? shes not nerdy lol but she'd probably do whatever i asked her to. only thing i can think of is a plug and outlet :p

balddemon said:
what are good halloween costumes for couples? shes not nerdy lol but she'd probably do whatever i asked her to. only thing i can think of is a plug and outlet :p
My fiancé ended up passing on this idea but we were going to do Arnold and the maid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom