• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Halloween Costume Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

I have a green lantern costume from last year, but it was not fun to have on all night. Think I'll just do Party Down this year.

dojokun

Banned
My friends tell me this is offensive, so I won't do it, but I was going to attach a coat hanger to my head and go as an abortion.

harSon said:
Preview of my costume....

RXJGb.jpg

Butt-head?

Check PMs.

quick guys I am lame and unoriginal and myself and a friend of mine have decided to hit the bars as hipster hitler (me) and broseph stalin (him)

how do I get thick black rim glasses by friday

balddemon

Banned
well i figured it out: construction worker. hardhat, neon shirt, jeans, boots, and toolbelt filled with condoms. trying to stay classy here.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was going to skip this year, but apparently I'm expected to dress up at the office. Too lazy to try and think of something new and good. I'm just going to redo my invisible man that I did two years ago. Just wrap my whole head in white medical tape, put on sunglasses, gloves, and some plain clothes. It looked pretty good, but might prove uncomfortable and impractical for a 10 hour work day, but oh well. That's what they're going to get out of me.

Trying to decide between Back street Abortionist and Horsehead's Baby Burgers

Both involve using the cheap white apron an a baby dolly I found. I can get medical stuff from work (masks/gloves etc) but abortion is an edgy subject to walk around London with I think..

I was thinking of doing a gowned-up surgeon with blood all over the gown and gloves, maybe some handprints. Over the face mask will be a bloodied smile.

Maybe someone can help me find some fake blood that will work best.

alterno69

Banned
I have a party on saturday so i thought of making one of those illusion costumes, me in a box carried by a random monster/zombie(whatever mask i get for cheap lol) looks easy enough only need some globes and a raincoat or something like that.

DemiMatt

Cosmic Bus said:
Are you planning to make your own Robin costume or buy one? I've been charged with trying to find a good Robin costume for a friend, and can only find a female version locally and the ones on Amazon look awful.

My girlfriend is making it. The guy Robin costumes suck and are based off the normal Tim Drake Robin. I figured the Damian Wayne one is the way to go, although for the gloves I couldnt find a good material in the green shown above, so I went with olive green. I'll have pics later this week.

But basically the gloves are the hardest thing to make, the cloak is just a yellow cloak with a black hood attached, and then a red shirt with the sleeves cut off and bring it in a bit to have a couple seems. I still needa make a belt buckle and the mask but those should be easy.

woodchuck

I'm terrible at arts and crafts. On short notice, I'm planning on going as Larry David.

I'm already bald, but I don't have the poofy white hair on the outside. Whats a good way to get that?

MV5BMTg1Njg4MzQxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgzNDUwMw@@._V1._SY314_CR6,0,214,314_.jpg

Does anyone outside of the Internet get the rage face memes? I've never liked them anyway so I don't usually pay attention to them. Still, costume looks good.

I recycled my bowler and the giant moustache I made half a year ago and walked around on stilts. Nobody noticed I wasn't really wearing a halloween costume. For next month, I'm making an energy dome out of cardstock and red duct tape, and I'll be buying a "close enough" rainsuit for a Devo outfit. Black duct tape will do well enough for the lettering and the "belt". Maybe I'll pick up a toy whip from Party City. I have a set of their songs ready for my cell phone, and I'll be getting a portable speaker, so I will have a soundtrack. I do wish I could find a turtleneck shirt for the alt costume.

The costume that most stuck out for me was a Marie Antoinette who had a box of cakes she was distributing. The box said "For the 99%" on its cover.

Az987

all good things
Wtf man! I went to pet smart to get my dog a costume and they had like 4!

I wanted something sweet but the best they had was a superman one. I am disappointed. I wanted to dress my dog as a cat and my cat as a dog.

Mordeccai

I love the troll face 1% costume. Hilarious.

Heres a pic from a party I threw the other night. I'm the half assed Joker costume

2A8pn.jpg

Halloween is the best time of year

297824_2547374088637_1382363293_32869612_1456922477_n.jpg

My costume didn't turn out too awful bad considering I didn't have the proton pack complete. I went to do a quick completion on the pack on Saturday, but not getting the light kit until so late ended up really screwing me. There were several last minute things I needed to do it right that I can only get online. On the plus side, my costume was a huge hit! I took my girls trick or treating and we were the center of attention everywhere we went. I have lots of incentive to polish off all Ghostbuster outfits for the whole family next year!

Here are my girls (3 and 4 yrs old)

658ee339.jpg

cbf4f35e.jpg

4158eb8c.jpg

SNIKT!

Here's my costume! The mask took a while to get but it was worth it! My buddy is sportin' my Freddy getup. I'm the go to guy when my friends don't know what to be, or if they're broke. ;)

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

Me and my girl...

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

I'm male Ripley:

ZWIBP3j.png

Yes my cat's eyes looked terrible so I hastily shopped them with some Jonesy eyes and made them too big but it looks silly and almost anime and I'm sick of being on the computer (MU-TH-UR) so I kept it.

Based on:

ellen_ripley_jonesy.jpg

Whoops I died:

PhdU6ho.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom