• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Halloween Costume Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Had an awesome idea for a costume. Not sure if I'll go through with it

tlsg.jpg

Figured a showercurtain + some other stuff might be able to make it work.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm going to go as the kind of douchebag that dresses up as a recently deceased celebrity to be outrageous.

(no offense to the guy a page back going as Steve Jobs, I feel your pain.)

Ganhyun

Spider from Mars said:
doctor_who_matt_smith_lifesize_cutout_buy_now_at_starstills__87849_zoom.jpg

Gonna try to find a hot red head to bang so I can accomplish what the Doctor never did.

This is my least favorite of the newer Doctors.

Anyways, on topic, I'm doing a dark mage.

If I had the time, money, and skill, I'd totally try to create a black robed Raistlen and a red robed Raistlen as well to wear for Halloweens.

plasmapenguin

Neo Member
Last year:

71763_10150107299378574_656858573_7642059_1807075_n.jpg

This year I dunno. My pros are long hair/mustache which can be quite useful but at the same time limits me to hairy characters like pirates and jesus. Since I'm a student we do this a lot and I'm starting to run out of ideas. Big Lebowski (without beard) or Patrick Bateman (with mustache) are my best thoughts so far.

LowParry

I'm probably going the route of having my 6 year old go as Professor X. He's in a wheelchair so i figure why not take advantage of the idea. Just have to get the kid a bald cap and dress him up like a boss with some type of "X" attachments on the wheels.

I was planning on being a Post Apocalyptic Drifter, but I couldn't find all the stuff I wanted. I had planned on getting a more beat up trench coat, work boots and some better gloves, but I can't find any cheap ones and I'm short of cash. I have some old toy guns that I could paint to make look real. I think I may just find a Jigsaw mask or the pig one and just go as him.
p1030037f.jpg
p1030039m.jpg

p1030041p.jpg

plasmapenguin said:
Last year:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/71763_10150107299378574_656858573_7642059_1807075_n.jpg[IMG]

This year I dunno. My pros are long hair/mustache which can be quite useful but at the same time limits me to hairy characters like pirates and jesus. Since I'm a student we do this a lot and I'm starting to run out of ideas. Big Lebowski (without beard) or Patrick Bateman (with mustache) are my best thoughts so far.[/QUOTE]

If you are unable to shave the 'stache, then you are required to go as Cesar Romero's Joker.

Cruzader

Banned
Need some advice. I'm gonna be Amazing Horse....you know the funny looking horse mask, but what can I wear with it? Some black jacket? For reference, see Amazing Horse on YouTube. Should be the Italian cover version.

aechris

Buddha Beam said:
Goin' as a lumberjack this year.

Simple and requires minimal effort. Oh yeah!

Nice! I was a lumberjack two years ago. I'M HERE TO SPREAD MY SEED

This year I am lazy so I'll be wearing Ethiopian wedding party garb and a horse head mask. I think it'll look pretty awesome despite the lack of effort.

mcrae

So being lazy and being a zombie football player/friend zombie cheerleader. How do we make good looking wounds/makeup without spending tons of money?

JackEtc

So update on my Gaga costume: I have the wig, the women's blazer, the lightning bolt, some gaga glasses, a skin-colored undershirt, and I'll be wearing men's black dress pants since women's are too uncomfortable. Sneakers as well.

The only thing I need is white gloves and....a bra. A few of my girl friends have said there's a really good one at a store at the mall. Gonna have to go in and buy it. I have no dignity.

Borman

And an update on my proton pack:
-stupid photobucket-

Again, not screen accurate, but its close enough for this year. Ran out of money to spend on it.

Silverbolt said:
How's this look in real life with the hood up? I was thinking of doing something similar but I think I need to try it on before buying online. What store did you find it at the mall?

Found it at Hot Topic.

alphaNoid

Banned
well I decided the wife and I are going as soccer players, Galaxy specifically. We already have the full uniform pretty much, so its almost free. Just gotta get some cheap socks and we're all set.

Simple considering some of the nonsense I did years ago when I was single but its relieving once you figure out what your costume is. 1 trip to the story and we should be all set.

Question : Are we going to have a post halloween pic thread?

mcrae

alphaNoid said:
well I decided the wife and I are going as soccer players, Galaxy specifically. We already have the full uniform pretty much, so its almost free. Just gotta get some cheap socks and we're all set.

Simple considering some of the nonsense I did years ago when I was single but its relieving once you figure out what your costume is. 1 trip to the story and we should be all set.

Question : Are we going to have a post halloween pic thread?

yes. ill make a shitty OP if no one makes a good one. probably when i get home drunk on sunday the 30th with a lame cellphone pic to start it off.

all in the spirit of the season and such

A friend of mine went as a Chilean miner last year. Just the helmet and the headlamp kind of thing. I told him he needed a t-shirt with the following sayings on them: "Chilean Miners Do It In the Dark" and "Chilean Miners Have Big Picks."

He thought that was funny but he didn't have time to go out and get the shirt made.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
plasmapenguin said:
Last year:

71763_10150107299378574_656858573_7642059_1807075_n.jpg

This year I dunno. My pros are long hair/mustache which can be quite useful but at the same time limits me to hairy characters like pirates and jesus. Since I'm a student we do this a lot and I'm starting to run out of ideas. Big Lebowski (without beard) or Patrick Bateman (with mustache) are my best thoughts so far.

Mustache like that screams for a Cesar Romero Joker costume.

810976-cesarromero_super.jpg

Last year's costume:
2rrwbk7.jpg

I told everyone I was Robocop.

-------
Halloween 2009:
qssgth.jpg

I carried a red Swingline stapler and handed out TPS Report cover sheets.

-------
Halloween 2008:
2up5m9u.jpg

Made the cricket bat myself. I told everyone I saw to meet me at the Winchester.

notsol337

marked forever
I'm going as a drunk guy. When I'm sober, I just tell people I'm still working on my costume.

So I'm boring! Big deal, want to fight about it?

alphaNoid

Banned
mcrae said:
yes. ill make a shitty OP if no one makes a good one. probably when i get home drunk on sunday the 30th with a lame cellphone pic to start it off.

all in the spirit of the season and such
I can make some free time between now and then to work on a custom title graphic if you want. Just PM me if you want to collaborate a little. I probably dont have it in me to do the OT myself.

mcrae

just spent a couple hours looking up liquid latex/toilet paper/makeup effects for fake wounds on zombies. i think my costume will actually look good now, pretty damn excited! i have a party wed so ill put up a shot or two from then

plasmapenguin

Neo Member
ncsuDuncan said:
Last year's costume:

I told everyone I was Robocop.

-------
Halloween 2009:

I carried a red Swingline stapler and handed out TPS Report cover sheets.

-------
Halloween 2008:

Made the cricket bat myself. I told everyone I saw to meet me at the Winchester.

Haha that's awesome. Loving the ambitous Inspector gadget outfit.

plasmapenguin

Neo Member
DrForester said:
Mustache like that screams for a Cesar Romero Joker costume.

810976-cesarromero_super.jpg

haha that would be cool altough Swedish culture hasn't really embraced the idea of anyone else than Heath Ledger in the role of the Joker. An attempt at a Cesar Romero Joker would probably come off as a somewhat failed Ledger Joker, three years late to the party.

AVclub

I'm attending a couple of different events for Halloween, so I'm planning on a few different costumes. I don't like the idea of dressing up as someone specific. So I'd rather be a pirate instead of Jack Sparrow. Or a cowboy instead of Clint Eastwood from "The Good, The Bad & the Ugly."

I'll be using make-up for the first time in a couple of decades. So I'm going for scary costumes. One will probably be an undead pirate of some sort. The other will be a contaminated nuclear clean up person. I bought a hazmat type suit pretty cheaply at an army surplus store.

I was actually thinking it might be a good idea for someone who wants to dress like a Breaking Bad character cooking meth, they'd just need the face mask and the coveralls.

MNC

It no doubt looks great, but from the cellphone pic it kinda looks like a dong extruding from your lungs.

Oozinator

Banned
do you guys think a Matrix / secret service agent costume (complete with the springy translucid cable mono-earpeace) would be cool ?

hwlogomain01.jpg

I am really hurting for a costume right now. I have my Duffman from last year, but right now I was thinking the Sea Captain or possibly this guy

1zpnuz9.jpg

mcrae

sqCuf.jpg

314375_10100126749081347_72609982_47677094_983849216_n.jpg

this was for a thing last night. it turned out pretty well, got some compliments on it. if i had actual brushes/sponges i think the makeup would've been much better, all i had was fingers/cue-tips. a ton of blood dripped into my right eye from the gash above it, stung like hell and i ended up wiping a lot of makeup off. a bit more preparation time for the liquid latex would've been awesome but oh well, happy enough with how it turned out!

the blood on the shirt was made with corn syrup, dye, and nes-quik, and was sticky as hell. poor planning there lol

looks like actual halloween im going to do a two's costume with a buddy. possibly bert and ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom