• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most wanted OG Xbox & 360 games which have yet to be made BC for One/XSX?

Bakkus

We got an awaited batch last fall again which made games like Nier, Binary Domain, Gunvalkyrie, Timesplitters 2 & Future Perfect, Otogi 1 & 2 and several other games finally BC, but we still have a long way to go. Here are some games I would love to see get included in the next batch:

OG Xbox:
Jet Set Radio Future
Spider Man 2
Simpsons: Hit & Run
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc

360:
Anarchy Reigns
Batman Arkham Asylum
Dishonored

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They said in their last batch update that they wouldn't be making any additional games BC in the future - this was the last of them. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

But also Stranger's Wrath, Batman, and Dishonored are weird choices since there are remasters of those games available already.

the_master

OG Xbox:
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions
Jet Set Radio future

Edit adding some more gems that I forgot about:
Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2
Kingdom Under Fire (1)
Project Gotham Racing (all of them)
The Chronicles of Riddick
Kung Fu Chaos

Also loved:
DOAX (1 and 2)
Burnout 3
Forza Motorsport
Mechassault
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Beyond Good And Evil
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Would love it in the remake)
Shenmue II (I think you can also play it)

I really hope that they give it another pass/

I wanted to play so much I got another Original Xbox to play them :)
I would still want to play them on my Series X, without having to bother with plugging other consoles.

Last edited:

PuffyCan

I would love the see Amped added to the list but it won't happen. Only thing that could happen is some activision games that are missing.

intbal

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1&2
Batman Begins
Brute Force
Blood Wake
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
Half-Life 2
Jet Set Radio Future
Obi-Wan
Rallisport 2
SWAT GST
Wreckless

Alpha Protocol
Bodycount
El Shaddai
Naruto Rise of a Ninja
Risen 3
Space Marine

Last edited:

Jennings

These two. My favorite games on the system.

Znf0e2a.jpg
XquExzp.jpg

Bakkus

jshackles jshackles TLZ TLZ

They are done at the current time. There are still games which are constantly demanded like JSRF. Remember that their last batch happened 2 years and 5 months after the one before. I'm sure they made similar comments back then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

They are done at the current time. There are still games which are constantly demanded like JSRF. Remember that their last batch happened 2 years and 5 months after the one before. I'm sure they made similar comments back then.
Before they stopped before, they said "Our BC team is going to be focusing on testing these games on the next generation of Xbox, but will resume once that's been released". Very different.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Why go through the trouble of making a new one when you can remaster the original Battlefront?

ManaByte

Gold Member

While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints.

Bakkus

Alpha Male

The only ones I care about now all have licensing issues:

LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 2

Top Spin 4

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

NCAA Football 14

Pantz

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Project Gotham Racing 1
Project Gotham Racing 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4

As many more as possible though. Maybe they could add more with the next Xbox. Keep dreaming.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Current Year won't permit that in the US, it's why we didn't get the PS4 version here.

Project Gotham Racing 1
Project Gotham Racing 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4

As many more as possible though. Maybe they could add more with the next Xbox. Keep dreaming.

Can't happen due to licensing.

Naked Lunch

From my personal collection list:

Outrun 2
Armored Core 4, For Answer, V, Verdict Day
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Bionic Commando Rearmed 1
Bangai-O Missile Fury
After Burner Climax
Fez
Rez HD
Raiden Fighters Aces
Under Defeat
Raystorm HD
Tenchu Z
Anarchy Reigns

Japan titles:
Mushihimesama Futari
ESP Galuda II
Virtua On Force

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 (but mostly 1 as it's stuck on PS3 and 360).

EDIT: I guess 2 is BC and I was thinking FPS boosted, but still both need FPS Boost or Enhanced.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Outrun 2006 (Xbox)
Burnout 3 (Xbox)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (360)
Need for Speed Underground (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)
Mamorukun Curse! (360)
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)

Games with BC i'd like some graphical enhancements in

Sonic Unleashed (The game still runs at 720p)
Far Cry 2 (the game has an awful framerate on consoles)
Call of Duty Black Ops/World at war (still runs at 720p)

And that's about it. I'd say i'm pretty satisfied with the compatibility otherwise

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 (but mostly 1 as it's stuck on PS3 and 360).

EDIT: I guess 2 is BC and I was thinking FPS boosted, but still both need FPS Boost or Enhanced.
Bad Company is compatible on Series, i can attest because that's how i played them
Same for Bad Company 2

YCoCg

I mean of course, Jet Set Radio Future, come on SEGA, let Microsoft patch this to 4k60!

This will never happen because Rockstar and Take-Two are dicks, but the original Xbox versions of GTA3 and VC got a proper port with better textures and models that still retain the artstyle of the original, it'd be nice to see these at 4k (not 60fps though due to the physics bugs):

Speaking of Rockstar, again since they're dicks now, but their old titles would benefit soo much, games like Bully, The Warriors, Midnight Club 3, etc, imagine these in 4k60:

Tekken 6 had two graphics modes on Xbox 360, 576p with all the high quality motion blur or 768p (that was downscaled to 720p), this being patched to 4k would make a nice boost, and same goes for Tekken Tag 2:

Taking it back to SEGA, the original Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing never got a patch either, this game looks already but it getting boosted to 60fps and 4k would be amazing:

There's plenty more too, the potential is there for lesser known stuff.

Banned
Tekken 6 had two graphics modes on Xbox 360, 576p with all the high quality motion blur or 768p (that was downscaled to 720p), this being patched to 4k would make a nice boost, and same goes for Tekken Tag 2:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is backwards compatible

Bridges

As already mentioned, they said they were done. Part of me wonders if we'll see some more after the Activision acquisition goes through but I'm not holding my breath.

That being said, there's still a bunch I would love to see:

OG Xbox:
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Jet Set Radio Future
Shadow The Hedgehog
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
Sonic Heroes

360:
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Eternal Sonata
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Rock Band Blitz
NeverDead
Sega Superstars Tennis
Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Stranglehold

I also wish they could come up with some way to allow me to play by XB1 Kinect games on the Series X through BC. I know it's a niche request and they're distancing themselves from all things Kinect, but there are a couple of good motion control games I wish I could still access without having to pull out the older Xbox models.

fatmarco

The only correct answer is:

Burnout 3: Takedown
Which, bizarrely enough, is still on the Xbox 360 Marketplace, running in backwards compatibility.

What weird legal limitations prevent it from being BC on the Xbox One/ Series is anyones guess but the 360 version of Revenge is BC so...

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System would be a good call (also still on the 360 Marketplace. There's actually a few original xbox games that are still on sale on the 360 but weren't able to come to the One/SX for unknown reasons).

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
OG Xbox:
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Jet Set Radio Future
Shadow The Hedgehog
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
Sonic Heroes
All of these highlighted in bold are playable in retroarch via dolphin emulator. It's not the best solution but if you want it on Series, you should try it out!

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Singularity. Since Microsoft is buying Activision maybe we can finally get this game either as BC or a remake.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Singularity. Since Microsoft is buying Activision maybe we can finally get this game either as BC or a remake.

Good pick! Played it on PC recently. Surprisingly decent game.

I won't be original: racing games like Project Gotham Racing, Forza Motorsport, Midtown Madness, RalliSport Challenge etc.

Banned
All of these highlighted in bold are playable in retroarch via dolphin emulator. It's not the best solution but if you want it on Series, you should try it out!

also playable on PCSX2 (Aether2SX), but Sonic Heroes is pretty shit on PS2 isn't it? there was some development issues with the game if I remember correctly and the PS2 version is supposedly a disaster

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Sonic Heroes is pretty shit on PS2 isn't it?
not just Sonic Heroes but nearly all of the Sonic games, the only passable one is Sonic Riders and even then it's a graphical downgrade in comparison to the gamecube version
Really there's no reason to use PCSX2 unless you're using it to play PS2 exclusives, otherwise just play the Gamecube/Xbox BC versions of the games when available.

Banned
not just Sonic Heroes but nearly all of the Sonic games, the only passable one is Sonic Riders and even then it's a graphical downgrade in comparison to the gamecube version
Really there's no reason to use PCSX2 unless you're using it to play PS2 exclusives, otherwise just play the Gamecube/Xbox BC versions of the games when available.

Dolphin isn't perfect either tho, there can be shader compilation stutters which isn't an issue in PCSX2, so some titles are worth emulating on that emulator instead of using Retroarch.

and there are some games like Viewtiful Joe where the PS2 had some exclusive stuff added.

so PS2 emulation can still be a valid option even for multiplat releases, especially if the issues of the PS2 version can be negated through the emulation enhancements available.

Alan Wake

Jet Set Radio Future, of course. But also the Project Gotham Racing series on both Xbox and Xbox 360 as well as RalliSport Challenge 2, one of the best rally games ever made.

spons

Gold Member
I'm not hoping for anything because any and all of it will be pointless. It's over, done for. The program is stopped.

Top Bottom