• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most wanted OG Xbox & 360 games which have yet to be made BC for One/XSX?

The MechAssault OG Xbox games are the only ones I can think about that I want.
Ass original Steel Battalion and Double Steel on top of this, along with all the HD compatible original Xbox games, which would look great on current gen hardware and that's a wrap.

Oh, and maybe translate and re-release the canonical Shin megami tensei 9 for the aniboo jrpg fan.s Because right now that game is one of the most inaccessible in the modern era of gaming. Even if you have the original console, good luck finding it, even if you live in Japan.

Last edited:

intbal

Outrun 2006 (Xbox)
Burnout 3 (Xbox)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (360)
Need for Speed Underground (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)
Mamorukun Curse! (360)
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)

Games with BC i'd like some graphical enhancements in

Sonic Unleashed (The game still runs at 720p)
Far Cry 2 (the game has an awful framerate on consoles)
Call of Duty Black Ops/World at war (still runs at 720p)

And that's about it. I'd say i'm pretty satisfied with the compatibility otherwise

Sands of Time is already BC.

Isa

I want the infamous Ninety-Nine Nights games, never got the chance to play part 2, and I don't want to shell out for a 360. Also Magna Carta 2 or whichever it was. I recall one or two more I really want to see including Ninja Blade, I was on PS3 at that point and played the game From released there, but I really love all their games and want to try it. MechAssault 1&2 ofc. DoA Xtreme Beach Volleyballs need to be added too.

Pallas

Gold Member
Since they are remaking Lollipop Chainsaw, there’s no point in requesting it anymore so I’m going to throw out a curveball … because it would also need to be translated before it could ever be considered for backwards compatibility for the west. Which has like 0.00001% chance of ever happening.

Shin Megami Tensei: NINE
1OkyxUF.jpg

As far as I'm concerned almost every game I'd want to be backwards compatible already is, excluding games with licensing issues that will never happen, but if we include those.....

Every Tony Hawk game playable on Xbox/360
Every Guitar Hero and Rock Band playable on Xbox/360
At least NCAA Football 14 and NCAA basketball 10 (but ideally all of them that are playable on Xbox/360)
Every NFL Street
007 Nightfire
UMvC 3

The only two I can think of that are vaguely possible are Alpha Protocol and Singularity, which could become possible with the purchases of Bethesda and Activision respectively

Xbox Counter Strike. It had the best ever console FPS controls, but for some reason no game since has used those controls. I miss it. Best online multiplayer game ever.

Drew1440

Xbox:
Quantum Redshift
Brute Force
Dead or Alive ultimate
R Racing Evolution
Apex
Unreal Championship
Simpsons Road Rage / Hit and Run
The Sims Bustin Out
Urbz
Midtown Madness 3
Futurama

360:
Dead to Rights retribution
Bodycount
Ridge Racer 6 for UK/Europe store
FUSE
Def Jam Icon
WET
Fracture
Simpsons Game
The Sims 3

ReBurn

Gold Member
Xbox:
Quantum Redshift
Brute Force
Dead or Alive ultimate
R Racing Evolution
Apex
Unreal Championship
Simpsons Road Rage / Hit and Run
The Sims Bustin Out
Urbz
Midtown Madness 3
Futurama

360:
Dead to Rights retribution
Bodycount
Ridge Racer 6 for UK/Europe store
FUSE
Def Jam Icon
WET
Fracture
Simpsons Game
The Sims 3
Dread or Alive Ultimate 1 and 2 are already BC

Woggleman

I wish the original X box GTA trilogy was playable on current consoles. I still have the three disc set and it is loads better than that remake.

The Sims Bustin Out
Urbz

Completely forgot about Urbz but definitely needs to be BC

Also I miss the days when they made Sims games with some form of campaign like Bustin Out, sure it was that way because the consoles couldn't handle the full Sims games at the time, but Bustin Out is still my favorite Sims game to this day because it had actual campaign/progression even if it was incredibly basic. I would 100% buy this the second it became backwards compatible

Havoc2049

They said in their last batch update that they wouldn't be making any additional games BC in the future - this was the last of them. So I wouldn't hold my breath.
You were lied to and a TON has happened and currently happening since that statement.

X-pand your mind. 😜 The Xbox is now a console, PC and the cloud.

Xbox Insiders have been testing out Wolfenstein: Enemy Teritory, Quake 4, Wolfenstein 3D, The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, Heretic: Shadow of the Serphant Rider, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and Quake Champions.

Fox Mulder

They said in their last batch update that they wouldn't be making any additional games BC in the future - this was the last of them. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

But also Stranger's Wrath, Batman, and Dishonored are weird choices since there are remasters of those games available already.

Because of legal or licensing walls. Surely they’ll add Activision stuff when the purchase goes through. Like they can even add the delisted Wolfenstein that Raven made owning Activision and Bethesda.

Last edited:
I believe he's talking about the OG Counter-Strike. It's not compatible.
Right. Not the one on 360, which sucked in comparison, in my opinion. The OG Counter-Strike was backwards compatible on the 360, but at some point they turned off the Xbox Live servers for the game, and you could only play offline with bots, which is pointless. Miss my favorite game of all time.

Happy to see many calls for OutRun 2006. Pure arcade racing perfection IMO. Been playing Hot Shot Racing and while a great game in its own right, everything else is a passing breeze :)

Would love to see a return to PGR but licensing hurdles would never make that a possibility.

Bakkus

Forgot to add Sleeping Dogs, but then I saw that got a remaster alongside the Arkham games and Dishonored. Didn't know that.

Also in regards to OG Xbox games, it annoys me that some of them are in widescreen while others are not. I guess that takes a lot more work, though.

intbal

Need to add one to my list.

Auto Modellista

You can't even buy a used copy of that game on ebay, no matter the price. A couple of used copies from Amazon sellers are available, though. For $180.
I always prefer physical to digital. But I'll make an exception in this case.

Top Bottom