• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your shitty at home recipes when you've run out of ingredients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamaji

1. Fry shitloads of garlic and/or onions and/or ginger and in a deep pan (+ some chili)
2. Add a crushed tomato can or some fresh finely chopped tomatoes
3. Add a can of chickpeas/beans/whatever or some red lentils
4. Add shitloads of spices depending on what type of dish you want (indian style with rice, italian styled with pasta etc.).
5. enjoy with pasta/rice/bread/couscous/whatever

Cdammen

Havent had this in awhile. Now im craving it..

Steamed rice
Milk
Sugar

Tastes better than a bowl of cereal.
Add cinnamon and some salty butter and it's basically our swedish dish called "risgrynsgröt". Rice porridge / pudding :)

(Pro-Tip: boil the rice in the milk)

Zombine

Banned
I was appreciative of it, but it was always a sad day when my mom would make "macaroni & cheese."

This was typically something she concocted when she had somewhere to go or just didn't feel like cooking. What she would do is take noodles, butter, and cut up sharp cheddar cheese and throw it in the oven.

The result is exactly what you would expect—an oily brick of sticky crunchy noodles. This shit could have stopped the titanic from sinking.

Worst part about all this is that she was under the assumption that I loved it because I never complained.

image_11388.jpg

PLUS

0004400004553_500X500.jpg

So Good.

Halo 2

Banned
-heat the pan
-hole in the middle of the bread
-butter the bread
-bread in the pan
-crack an egg in the bread-hole
-flip-
-Hole in One

KHlover

Banned
Havent had this in awhile. Now im craving it..

Steamed rice
Milk
Sugar

Tastes better than a bowl of cereal.

That's Milchreis for you. Which is a tasty lunch/dinner and not some crappy leftover food btw :p

Protip: Mix the sugar with a bit of cinnamon powder. It's just that much better *_*

Friggz

my house is usually pretty stocked...but on those rare days where i havent hit up the store in 2 weeks, provolone cheese melted on a matzoh cracker is always a favorite go to snack.

You can stir fry anything out of leftovers and whatever you have.

Heat pan, add oil, onion and garlic. Add each ingredient based on how long it will take to cook (eg meat first, carrots early, soft stuff last). Fry, add salt and any sauces you want (sweet chilli or soy are good places to start). Bon appetit, you lazy cheapskate.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
250px-Bulgur2.jpg

(bulgur) + hot water + canned tomatos + olive oil =

220px-Kisir.jpg

suzu

I eat cup noodle or instant ramen if there's nothing to eat or when I'm too lazy. Crack an egg into it or throw in cooked leftover veggies/meat.

Vinci

Danish
Used to have this when I was in undergrad:

Sliced bread
Peanut butter
Maple syrup

Mix the peanut butter and syrup together in a bowl until it becomes a flowing, smooth consistency; then spread the resulting product across the bread. Eat.

It's actually quite delectable if you like sweet stuff and are simply too lazy to go get other ingredients from the store.

Hypron

Pastas, frankfurters (the sausages) and baby peas. I eat that almost all the time. When I have a steak I'll cook that instead of the frankfurters. If I'm missing one of those ingredients I'll just remove it without replacing with anything because I'm lazy and would rather spend time doing something else (apart from the pastas, I almost never run out but when I do I cook rice instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom