• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 5 Favorite Fighting Game Characters All-Time

Kimosabae

Banned
TheOrangeKid007 said:
1) Rose
2) Guile
3) Heihachi
4) Ganondorf (From Super Smash Brother Melee)
5) Armaggon (From TMNT: Tournament Fighters)

The best rendition of Ganondorf in any game to date. Melee made me a fan of the character.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1:
xs2Wy.gif

2:
N6BBk.gif

3:
2OeAy.gif

4:
IhXFR.gif

5:
8MzTi.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kimosabae said:
Someone likes Third Strike.
Btw I just got to read through the whole OP, really really nice work on it.

Yoshichan

Kimosabae said:
THANK YOU BASED GOD someone actually read the OP. Now I know I didn't waste 4 hours of my life on it :)
You didn't waste it, I'm sure I'm not the only one that read the OP. I love the fact how you linked to classic videos, I love fighting so much, I got shivers down my spine in most of the videos :lol

5) Arakune
4) Yoshimitsu
3) Shuma Gorath
2) Lizard Man
1) Blanka

There is nothing quite like trolling in a fighting game and Blanka is the man(?) fit for the job. SSFIV provides me endless hours of entertainment as I play online and get the best hate mail of my life.

Busaiku

5. Khushnood Butt (Fatal Fury)
elUwy.jpg

4. Yang (Street Fighter)
rki09.jpg

3. Luigi (Super Smash Bros)
jYG88.jpg

2. Yatterman-1 (Tatsunoko vs Capcom)
0dcu4.jpg

1. Bridget (Guilty Gear)
qdqEF.jpg

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Sub-Zero (Mk1 only)
sub-zero-mortal-kombat.jpg

Vega (HD Remix Claw)
165px-Character_Select_Vega_by_UdonCrew.jpg

Sogetsu (Samurai Shodown)
snk-sogetsu.gif

Jin Kazama (Pick a version)
1-534915-4666543.jpg

Megaman Zero (Preferably the character design from the gba games, but w.e)
zerobigks8.png

No particular order, they are all #1.

charsace said:
Garou: Mark of the Wolves. This game just radiates cool to me. Especially Rock Howard when you first fight him on his stage. The intro, music and his look. Just cool.

The Last Blade games. They are beautiful. Love the somber, serious look of these games.

Guilty Gear XXR. Crazy characters.
Hi-five man. Love all three games. I'll probably make an edit to my post and sub out Hibiki for Yoshimitsu. I love Hibiki's concept and movelist, but I can't deny the amount of fun I have playing as Yoshi.

Jay Sosa

in no order:

Sophitia/Soul Blade

She had this one awesome move when she jumps on the head of her opponent..

She looked way better back then.

King/Tekken 2

I love wrestling..

Hwang/Soul Blade

Can't remember why..

Taki/Soul Blade

*Shriek*..stabs someone

But my favorite character of all times is this guy:

120px-Li_long_a.jpg

Probably the only character I could do every move with.

EDIT: Oh shit forgot Seung Mina..well I could list almost every character of Soul Blade, such an awesome game..if only could find my copy of it..

Only top 5? I've been thinking about this all day, even now when making this list.
1363843-988982_20100322_790screen026.jpg

1. Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue CS. With his movelist exported from Sol Badguy who I also mained from GG. It was really easy to pick him up.
Anti-hero who swears like a juvenille and has a problem with figures of authority. What's not to like.
sf4-ryu_big.jpg

2. Ryu all versions. This was tough. It was between Ragna and him. Ryu always focused on improving his fighting skills. Always have.
He's been my main since SFII, but I didn't like SFIV or SSFIV. I used to be a huge street fighter fan. That's why he got knocked down to #2.
307335-terrybattle.jpg

3. Terry Bogard from Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Can you say engrish? He needs to expand his vocabulary, but I never got tired of using him. Come on! Come on!
kazuyanoblj0.jpg

4. Kazuya Mishima from Tekken series
My friends were all into Tekken and I tried Julia, King, Paul, Law, Yoshimitsu, Nina, Heihachi, and Jin. None of them really stuck with me except him.
Its great to own noobs with him. I used Lightning Screw Uppercut and it's so easy to interrupt and you can see it coming literally a mile away but I still won matches with it lol.
makotoatatatatata.gif

5. Makoto Nanaya from BlazBlue CS
Whoever created her must have really loved the parry system from SF3 Third Strike. Parries and then a falcon punch to the face!

Honorable Mentions:
Haohmaru
Glacius
Sub Zero
Ice Man
Mega Man

D-Pad

This will just take a minute (cause I don't play a lot of fighting games, lol):

TbaAT.jpg

Aeon from Castlevania Judgment. He could freeze time and shit.

And his theme song was fucking awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1Dw6oQXHo

2. Kirby (Smash Bros. Series) <- C'mon, it's Kirby! Kirby can kick ass!
3. Charlie (Street Fighter Alpha II) <- My first fighting game, and this guy was awesome. Is he in later versions? I never checked...
4. Kilik (Soul Calibur II) <- "Come here... TAKE THAT! Come here... TAKE THAT! Come here... TAKE THAT! Come here... TAKE THAT!"
5. Tie between Cell and Burter in Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (still need to play 3 just to see what's new).

Kimosabae

Banned
Decided to give this thread a little bump, since there seems to be much more fg discussion around since the release of Marvel. There's a new MK on the horizon and it looks to be damn good - so I'm sure some people may want to reevaluate their lists.

I'm thinking about tallying up the most popular characters and turning the OP into a "GAF's Top 5 Favorite Fighting Game Characters All Time".

GhaleonQ

Kimosabae said:
I'm thinking about tallying up the most popular characters and turning the OP into a "GAF's Top 5 Favorite Fighting Games All Time".

Won't you just post the Street Fighter 2 cast?

cj_iwakura

5. Vice (King Of Fighters)
4. Seung Mina (Soul Caliber)
3. Jin Kisaragi (Blaz Blue)
2. Akira (Rival Schools)

1. Sakura (Street Fighter Alpha)

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
1. Captain Falcon
Falcon_Punch_GIF_Animation_by_PatPatPR.gif

2. Terry Bogard - I always pick him along with Mai in KOF. Anyone else can be the 3rd guy.
terry%20geyser.gif

3. Mai Shiranui
ms13.gif

4. Bang Shishigami
bang-moves.gif

5. Magneto
magneto.gif

5.Eddy Gordo
Eddy_Gordo.jpg

First fighting game character I ever mastered and his fighting style was cool and refreshing.
4.Cable
mvc2-cable.jpg

Annoying, cheap, way too overpowered, what's not to like?
3.Yoshimitsu
352964-yoshi_tag_super.jpg

Cool looking, crazy attacks and a light saber for some reason. The Tekken 3 version will always be the "real" Yoshi to me.
2.Ken
ken-mvc2-action.png

I love Ken, I go to town with Ken. To me, Ryu is a Ken clone.
1.Ness
cl8.jpg

My favorite character for many reasons! He's from Earthbound(my all time favorite game), has great attacks and a unique recovery and has good solid stages based off him. Whenever I'm playing Smash seriously I'm playing with Ness.

Top Bottom