• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're the Worst - Season 3 - Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid premiere. I wonder where they go with Gretchen and Jimmy's relationship, seems like it could get too normal. Really interested to see where Edgar goes too, that was a really powerful couple of scenes.

And yeah, that last scene. Weird! Lotta stuff happening.

TripOpt55

Funny stuff from this episode:
-The bit at the beginning about not washing your legs and that sick ass maze.
-Jimmy's list of sex stuff when talking with Edgar.
-Crepes are just pancakes for assholes... in Spanish!

I like the "it's just a promise to try real hard" line and that surrounding conversation too. I like Edgar, but I've never totally dug his relationship with Dorothy I guess. Lindsay stabbing Paul was certainly unexpected! Curious to see where that goes next.

Pretty good premiere. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

sammex

I love this show. Definitely thought Lindsey was going to cut off a finger.

And I never wash my legs either. It's a shower, gravity takes care of it.

G0523

Just saw last night's episode. Damn it was so good. Bravo to the actors, director, and editing crew to cover up just enough in the first scene so that they can air it on TV. That is not an easy task. I thought that church scene with Gretchen was going to be cringey but she sure knows how to get an audience together. And that ending. I said holy shit!

Macka

I loved the episode overall, but goddamn I think Lindsay may have crossed over the likeability threshold for me. :/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lindsay is broken. The Blue Apron substitute was one step too far for her.

That secret show was a true disaster.

Great premier! Gretchen speaking spanish trying to get the people to the show slayed me. Lindsey really is the worst

PS: I'm #teamGretchen on the washing legs in the shower viewpoint

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I tried to catch the rerun that aired right after the premiere. Tuned in at 10:29 to commercials. Thought
Lindsay stabbing Paul
was the opening scene until the credits rolled. Needless to say, I was confused. God dammit.

Coolluck

Fantastic premiere. Really funny stuff. Only letdown was the secret show but the show is hitting all the right notes for me. I guess this season will have Jimmy and Gretchen mainly dealing with their friends rather than each other?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yo you no washing legs people are the weirdest. Never in my life...

According to Dr. Brandon Mitchell, an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at George Washington University and general hygiene expert, Gretchen’s infrequent leg cleansing habits are not just benign — they might even be healthy. “There is little evidence that a lack of routine washing of areas such as the extremities leads to any medical problems and is also unlikely to cause any significant hygiene issues either,” he told Inverse in an e-mail. The only really important bits to clean out frequently, he says, are the smelly bits — that is, your butt, crotch, and armpits, all of which contain sweat-gushing apocrine glands, which are to blame for B.O.

Dan

Washing your legs takes like 10 seconds at most. Be civilized, people!

xrnzaaas

I'm so glad this show is back. It was an awesome ep (I always like when there are scenes with Sam, Shitstain and Honeynutz) and that ending was unexpected. :)

Biff

Y'all are gonna hate me, but I'm really not feeling this premiere.

This is the definition of Flanderization. The show is getting light on ideas so it just turns each character's persona to an 11 and lets them have at it.

But it just becomes silly and tiresome instead of smart and funny. Hoping they reign it in a bit in Episode 2, otherwise I'm probably out. Oh well, got a good two seasons out of it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

G0523

Y'all are gonna hate me, but I'm really not feeling this premiere.

This is the definition of Flanderization. The show is getting light on ideas so it just turns each character's persona to an 11 and lets them have at it.

But it just becomes silly and tiresome instead of smart and funny. Hoping they reign it in a bit in Episode 2, otherwise I'm probably out. Oh well, got a good two seasons out of it.

I would still give it a few more episodes. I remember last season we were all complaining about how the show wasn't that funny or interesting and then BAM! depression arc hit and it was amazing.

Falchion

Last night I finished season 2 and watched the premier of 3. I remember thinking when I watched the very first episode, 'I can't believe they got this on cable tv'. Well, the first 30 seconds of S3.E1 blew that completely out of the water.

Really like the direction they are going with all of the couples, can't wait for tonight!

TripOpt55

Loved everything with Gretchen and the therapist. And then the ending. Damn. Awesome episode. Also this show has great songs play over the credits.

G0523

That was a pretty decent episode. I gasped at that ending. No wonder why Gretchen's afraid to open mail.

Quick question: in the beginning of the episode, what was Lindsay pulling?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Chore List - By: Jimmy Shive- Overly

EDGAR - Refill bed booze
EDGAR - Laundry
EDGAR - Make all beds
EDGAR - Cook and clean
EDGAR - Nightly perimeter sweep for raccoons, possums, and other pests/rodentia
EDGAR - Collect and clean all Scotch glasses
JIMMY - Nap duty
JIMMY - Take out trash* *i.e: his own butt
GRETCHEN - Open mail

EDIT:

"Brett Gurkin spotted a Paint-billed crake, Lindsey! A Paint-billed crake!"

"I know, but his wife has no tits and looks like a gila monster."

Great episode this week.

Dan

Wait. Um... did Paul not go to the hospital? Is Lindsay just making up a home remedy? Oh good god.

Taruranto

Someone needs to stop Lindsay, I know these people are the worst, but she's out of control. She was getting better in S2, but she's a complete trainwreck now.

It's just sad to watch. :(

Stalk

10/10, loving this show. Marathoned seasons 1 and 2 and have fallen in love. That s3e01 ending eessshhh but above is right Lindsay is a terrible human being. I genuinely think she actually may be the worst of them - Gretchen and Jimmy are just selfish but Lindsay is vindictive.

Big smile for Edgar. The homeless scene was a nice bit of development.

Coolluck

This episode was all Gretchen's and I loved her bits. Lindsay's fall better come soon. She's awful. I wonder if next week's closer will be Gretchen spilling the beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom