• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber is already in-line for Nintendo Switch, 1 month out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

quick and dirty TL;DR

StreetpassPrinceton (Nick) is a youtuber who went to NYC for the switch launch. He said he did not have the money to get back home. When he got there he tried to get in CND's good graces so that he could make a $1500 gofundme to get back home. It turned out later he had the money and was just using CND to get some popularity and exploit the situation for fame/money.

PKrockin

quick and dirty TL;DR

StreetpassPrinceton (Nick) is a youtuber who went to NYC for the switch launch. He said he did not have the money to get back home. When he got there he tried to get in CND's good graces so that he could make a $1500 gofundme to get back home. It turned out later he had the money and was just using CND to get some popularity and exploit the situation for fame/money.
Thanks. I never clicked on this thread before and was extremely confused what the hell was going on in here.

Velikost

"The Nintendo community will always be here to support the kids"

lmao. Triforce still brings the drama after all these years, you gotta respect that at least

Illucio

Banned
quick and dirty TL;DR

Mhmmhmm... Shouldn't have supported him to begin with. It was a shitty decision even in the good view of the situation.

ramyeon

This is dumb, it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth after what was a fun month of videos showing off a great community.

This guy is probably a bit of a dick, he probably fucked up, but opening up a stream to anonymous callers like this is just inviting people to make up stories and spread rumours about the guy.

For whatever it's worth, props to CND for being the bigger man and staying out of it.

Maximus.

Sure, but it just rubs me the wrong way when people enjoy something for free then declare they're unsubbing. Seems a bit rude even if it has no real effect on things.

Your analogy is pretty bad though, Nipo.

People no longer see value in getting updates once the event is over. Yes, it is free, the person creating the content. It is up to the content provider to provide compelling content to keep users or viewers engaged. Nothing rude or wrong with unsubbing when you no longer watch someone on YouTube. It adds no benefit to the person if they have more subs, yet their views and engagement are low. You are free to do what you want, but not being able to understand the reason people unsub is ridiculous.

213372bu

Banned
What's with all these Nintendo Youtubers e-begging and borrowing money to fund other people's e-begging campaigns.

lmaoo this is like 2006 YT drama.

Salty Hippo

Triforce is also coming off as a shady POS himself with this kind of discourse. I'm sure the Nick guy is a leech but this drama seems super fabricated and overblown. Not nearly enough evidence is being provided to justify any of this.

Triforce is also coming off as a shady POS himself with this kind of discourse. I'm sure the Nick guy is a leech but this drama seems super fabricated and overblown. Not nearly enough evidence is being provided to justify any of this.

NOOOOO... this is telenovela level of drama. We want this to go as far down the rabbit hole as possible.

ngower

My thoughts exactly. This is the typical shit you get when you're in any community. Both are bad in their own ways and I'm left with a "that's it?" Feeling

Doctre81

The moral of the story is they are both shady. I thought that he was suppsed to back in jamaica right now? How is he getting money to stay there and what's this about a paris trip?

Blunoise

The moral of the story is they are both shady. I thought that he was suppsed to back in jamaica right now? How is he getting money to stay there and what's this about a paris trip?
The Paris trip was years ago when he knew nick, and was stranded in Paris and nick help him and friends to get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom