• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber is already in-line for Nintendo Switch, 1 month out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Hippo

Have u watched the full stream?

What did I miss exactly? Triforce has just showed with his begging and "charity" talk that he's as much of a leech as the guy he has "sentenced to death". I'm not defending the other leech, but everything I've heard on this stream sounded opportunistic and frankly disgusting.

Ultimadrago

I just caught the "DO NOT" finale from Triforce on Etika's channel (checking on the channel randomly since I saw this thread bump). Wow. lol

It wouldn't be Triforce without sob stories, money begging and unnecessarily loud shouting. It's almost nostalgic from the times I'd watch him in FGC drama night streams. I may watch the rest tonight just to laugh at him. I don't have a dog in this fight, if anyone is wondering, but Triforce being a joke is a pastime, as I said earlier in the thread.

What did I miss exactly? Triforce has just showed with his begging and "charity" talk that he's as much of a leech as the guy he has "sentenced to death". I'm not defending the other leech, but everything I've heard on this stream sounded opportunistic and frankly disgusting.

I'm hoping you didn't miss the intro where Triforce talks about Nick "Getting his organs pushed back" among other crude descriptions of homosexual intercourse for a Switch. Triforce is one hell of a disgusting gem alright.

Triforce is trying to pull together an all star cast to get some Nintendo world tour going. Dude is back to his old antics leaching off of talented people. I hope nobody associates themselves with Triforce after that stream, saying he wanted to bash a guys face in and he's a dead man walking. That's some pretty immature stupid shit to say. I really can't believe these people can't see Triforce is using them more than Nick was.

Catvoca

Banned
This is dumb, it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth after what was a fun month of videos showing off a great community.

This guy is probably a bit of a dick, he probably fucked up, but opening up a stream to anonymous callers like this is just inviting people to make up stories and spread rumours about the guy.

For whatever it's worth, props to CND for being the bigger man and staying out of it.

Yeah, this whole thing feels kinda disgusting

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nah guys I'm sure triforce is a cool guy you all just have some vendetta vs hiiiim. It's not fair to be judgmental from past actions

lol nope hope you all learned your lesson

evanmisha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWw_mCMELlY

Anyone else watching Streetpass Princeton's response stream? Just started.

tenor.gif

EDIT: "I don't judge based on the color of the soap, I just based on the characteristics of the soap."

milkham

i just opened his stream and he said his plan for "helping" gabe get to pax west was to tell him to ask cnd or etika about it? lol turned it right off.

FeMui

Banned
Yeah I need a summary too I like drama...

what happened? summery?

Here's one I wrote before the stream happened last night.

Look up 'Etika StreetpassPrinceton' for the video. Basically Etika did a stream last night (for us Brits) where he exposed some of the dumb shit which happened during the line, such as 48 Deli, the 24 hour place where Triforce stayed overnight to produce videos, who randomly stopped him and Etika from buying anything, kicking them out of the store and telling them and their 'black friends' to never come to their store again. This was probably the reason why Triforce had to sit outside in the cold overnight until Starbucks opened.

The StreetpassPrinceton thing was almost contained by a load of messages from the SwitchGang sent to Etika telling him to stop, but he set his phone to silent and went ahead and told the entire world about it. I can't explain it fully in the way Etika did, so its worth watching a video someone captured from the stream. Basically Nick made a gofundme for $1,500 because he had no way of getting a flight home, Triforce & etc told him 'what the fuck' at the price so he knocked it down to $500. Etika got talked to by Nick about his situation, so Etika and a bunch of others such as Triforce, Rinaldy, DoubleA and several other anon people donated to give him the $500. After the launch, CND is having the meetup at the plaza on the 4th and something happens revolving around Nick, which we know nothing about so far (probably something about him money begging, since PAX, which he had tickets to, was starting soon so he had to get the money to leave), where he was kicked out by Rockerfeller Security. Cut forward to 2 days ago and Etika, Triforce, CND and Jacob are all having lunch at Chipotle. Nick has left NYC by then so Triforce & CND decide to break the news to Etika that Nick's gofundme was bullshit and that he was using all of them (AND GABE!) for his own gain. And also that he already had money to get back home. They said they decided to not tell Etika until then because they knew that he would have ripped Nick's head off. So then the stream happens where Etika tells this story with no names besides him, Jacob, CND and Triforce, and everyone in his chat figures out that it was Nick who scammed them with the gofundme. So now there is a witchhunt against Nick and he won't tell his side of the story unless he tells it to Etika personally.

TLDR; Etika exposed Nick

Now, because so much stuff has happened since then you're going to need to watch this to get more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkkFp4h80NM

That StreetpassPrinceton stream was a waste of time tbh. It all just sounded like bullshit.

Aroll

Not saying Triforce is a saint. He's certainly not (most of us aren't tbh).

But this Nick guy is at another level and basically outside of that live weird skype call accusation that cannot really be proven, everything else Trifroce has said about the Nick guy seems to definitely check out.

I mean, the one impression I got from those Daily VLogs with CND is that a ton of noname YouTubers were going to try to use CND (and apparently Trifroce) to try and boost up their channels. And you know, it's whatever - shameless self promotion, etc. CND kinda of encouraged it really.

But, Nick is a real piece of work. I don't care about his sexual orientation or the fact that Trifroce does legit owe him money even though Nick knew Triforce's situation. Nick is just... wow.

That being said, good for CND for staying above the fray. Someone needed to call out Nick on his BS, so let the dogs speak (aka, let Etika, Triforce, etc do all that). CND is a 19 year kid and has a nice thing going for himself. He can remain friends with who he wants but nothing here directly involves him OTHER than Nick wanted to try and trap CND into boosting his channel and owing him money. A trap CND naturally knew about and it never happened.

This whole mess is at least entertaining to watch, but it's extremely sad.

Etika is the most pathetic, cringe-worthy "yes man" I've ever seen. "He did whaaaat? Anything you say Triforce - you're the best, most hilarious dude everz!"

Just, wow.

Blunoise

Not saying Triforce is a saint. He's certainly not (most of us aren't tbh).

But this Nick guy is at another level and basically outside of that live weird skype call accusation that cannot really be proven, everything else Trifroce has said about the Nick guy seems to definitely check out.

I mean, the one impression I got from those Daily VLogs with CND is that a ton of noname YouTubers were going to try to use CND (and apparently Trifroce) to try and boost up their channels. And you know, it's whatever - shameless self promotion, etc. CND kinda of encouraged it really.

But, Nick is a real piece of work. I don't care about his sexual orientation or the fact that Trifroce does legit owe him money even though Nick knew Triforce's situation. Nick is just... wow.

That being said, good for CND for staying above the fray. Someone needed to call out Nick on his BS, so let the dogs speak (aka, let Etika, Triforce, etc do all that). CND is a 19 year kid and has a nice thing going for himself. He can remain friends with who he wants but nothing here directly involves him OTHER than Nick wanted to try and trap CND into boosting his channel and owing him money. A trap CND naturally knew about and it never happened.

This whole mess is at least entertaining to watch, but it's extremely sad.
CND did say something about it on twitter last night, he watched the stream.And why are etika and triforce dogs....

Aroll

CND did say something about it on twitter last night, he watched the stream.And why are etika and triforce dogs....

Yeah but he what he said was very simple, concise, and the buck stops there for what he has to say. He just backed up Trifroce, because CND was there and would absolutely be able to confirm this stuff. So he did, then left it at that. No big videos about it, no live streams, just him backing up Triforce with a tweet that says he's done with it. That's not really getting that involved at all, he just wanted folks to know Trifroce wasn't lying.

That being said, when I say dogs, I don't mean that as some sort of "insult", I mean that in a way where there are some people out there, a lot of them really, that when really shady crap like this happens, they are going to go after the shady person to levels that are a tad inappropriate. As an example, while he does mention "internet murder". repeatedly talking about killing him over and over is overboard, but that's what certain people like to do. I's how they react. Talked about having "boys" who were going to kick the crap out of Nick. I mean hey, that's fine! It's cool. But CND doesn't come across as someone that wants to draw attention to drama - he just wants to go about his business and have a good time doing it.

Others sometimes get some enjoyment out of going after that drama, even if justified. I call those people "dogs" in the sense they feed off this stuff at times. Triforce, as an example, is someone I view as a generally good guy that has gotten in some bad situations, his fault or otherwise. But, he also has come across, to me at least, over the years as someone who like sto get right into the thick of the drama fray.

So when I use the term dogs, I mean basically, there are people who enjoy outing others. CND doesn't need to get heavily involved in this stuff because it's not something he enjoys doing. Trifroce, Etika, they do. So they go after this stuff like rabbid dogs, as it should be done... by someone. All CND had to do was say a few words that support Trifroce - he did - and now it just legitimized Triforce's entire stream about it.

Again, it's less an insult, just a cultural thing on the internet. Some folks prefer to stay above the fray and maybe work on the fringes, others like to dive head first in. Anytime your trying to character assassinate someone online, it's very murky waters. I have never seen CND as someone willing to take that step himself. Trifroce and Etika? Absolutely. And I am glad they did, because Nick is a piece of work.

FeMui

Banned
Etika is the most pathetic, cringe-worthy "yes man" I've ever seen. "He did whaaaat? Anything you say Triforce - you're the best, most hilarious dude everz!"

Just, wow.

Harsh words. Understand that Etika too was scammed and manipulated by Nick. Also it would be fucking awkward if he just sat there silent while Triforce talked shit about this dude he hated. Also stop putting words in his mouth, dude. Not cool. Embarrassing post.

ngower

Nick's response today came off way better than Triforce/Etika's stream yesterday, in my opinion. The whole situation is ridiculous, but I think Nick did some decent damage control today. Kudos especially for his comments on Triforce's thinly veiled homophobia in particular. You can't say, "I don't care who you have sex with" in the same breath as talking about having your organs smashed in. Anal sex won't lead to abdominal pain, so Triforce's comments are just gross.

I'm sorta on my last thread with this whole drama between the Nintendo Youtubers, though. It all smells of high school bullshit.

[EDIT] Reading comments on Nick's video telling him to kill himself and how he robbed the community and all that shit....didn't he only get a few hundred bucks about $10 at a time from his GoFundMe? I'm not trying to say his GFM was warranted, but jesus christ at the people who feel robbed of $10 to the point that they're throwing shit about suicide and AIDS at him.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Just, wow.

i don't know him or the other guys in this chat ,
what about just enjoying the stuff they did in the past and leaving it alone?
internet detective?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Nick's response today came off way better than Triforce/Etika's stream yesterday, in my opinion. The whole situation is ridiculous, but I think Nick did some decent damage control today. Kudos especially for his comments on Triforce's thinly veiled homophobia in particular. You can't say, "I don't care who you have sex with" in the same breath as talking about having your organs smashed in. Anal sex won't lead to abdominal pain, so Triforce's comments are just gross.

I'm sorta on my last thread with this whole drama between the Nintendo Youtubers, though. It all smells of high school bullshit.

[EDIT] Reading comments on Nick's video telling him to kill himself and how he robbed the community and all that shit....didn't he only get a few hundred bucks about $10 at a time from his GoFundMe? I'm not trying to say his GFM was warranted, but jesus christ at the people who feel robbed of $10 to the point that they're throwing shit about suicide and AIDS at him.

The best part is that they're Nintendo Youtubers.

Nintendo. The brand geared towards kids.

Etika and Triforce don't realise that they are messing with the wrong person, and by that I mean the worst possible type of person you can mess with to this scale.

All these people are as bad as each other so I'm not getting into that aspect of it, but what everyone needs to realise is that this Princeton guy is not mentally all there and in situations like this if he sees no way out, or most importantly, if he feels this will cause the most damage to Triforce and Etika, he could very well do something like commit suicide. You should never mess with people like this that are not normal. Yes they might be weak and therefore you may feel that they won't be able to hurt you at all, but they can one day do something that would affect you far more.

Embarrassing post.

Yours or mine?

Etika's reactions to Triforce's every word - his overreactions - might I add, are cringe-worthy and jaw-droppingly embarassing.

He literally repeats at times, most everything Isaiah Johnson says and then poorly over-acts his "Yes Man" part of the livesteam.

I don't care who's right or wrong in this ridiculous and inane debate; but in Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson's aspect, Etika is like an Ed McMahon on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show that's comatose on a cot behind the main couch - unfortunately popping up every now and then spouting inanity and embarrassing "Yes Man" comments.

Moving right along...

Wow, it's almost like there was a reason people have said the things they've said about Triforce for years and not just looking down on him because he's "down on his luck" or whatever fucking stupid deflections people were using to defend him just because he's a fellow Nintendo fan.

tsumineko

Etika and Triforce don't realise that they are messing with the wrong person, and by that I mean the worst possible type of person you can mess with.

All these people are as bad as each other so I'm not getting into that aspect of it, but what everyone needs to realise is that this Princeton guy is not mentally all there and in situations like this if he sees no way out, or most importantly, if he feels this will cause the most damage to Triforce and Etika, he could very well do something like commit suicide. You should never mess with people like this that are not normal. Yes they might be weak and therefore not be able to hurt you at all, but they can one day do something that would affect you far more.

This is so true. This whole situation is incredibly sad and dangerous. I really hope it doesn't get any worse, but that would require participants to get some maturity.

Jcnet

Banned
I havent 'read this entire thread but I firmly and genuinely believe that the youtube 'personality' behind the channel in question in the original post should be arrested.. I genuinely believe he should be behind bars right now.. off the streets and in prison.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow, it's almost like there was a reason people have said the things they've said about Triforce for years and not just looking down on him because he's "down on his luck" or whatever fucking stupid deflections people were using to defend him just because he's a fellow Nintendo fan.

Nah we are just trying to push our dislike of him onto others and it's unwarranted or something. Gotta live in the nooooow don't let the past control you! Oh wait he's still the fucking same as always

arsenal009

Neo Member
Triforce kept urging people to block Nick throughout the stream & not watch any of his future videos.

For me, it really came off as Triforce being scared of Nick exposing Triforce of all the BS he has done in the past.

DKL

Wait, so people are beefing now and this is why the thread is still going?

Someone catch me up lol

EDIT:

Yo, I'm watching this video and I'm having a nostalgia flashback to that post-EVO stream I was talking about earlier in this thread... but the best part is that it's uploaded to youtube for posterity :v

Jofamo

I havent 'read this entire thread but I firmly and genuinely believe that the youtube 'personality' behind the channel in question in the original post should be arrested.. I genuinely believe he should be behind bars right now.. off the streets and in prison.

... CND? Why?

arsenal009

Neo Member

Just, wow.

I kinda understand where Etika is coming from considering he was scammed out of $50 from Nick. He is just pissed at the guy for that.

But yeah, early on in the stream Triforce mentions he gave Nick the last $10 he has.
Then he exposes himself later on in the stream by showing the Skype conversation with Nick where he says he borrowed $10 to put in the gofundme. He clearly is lying in one of the 2 occasions. If u look at Etika's reaction, he knows it's messed up but doesn't confront Triforce.

Then there were the calls. Etika calls out the kid that is trolling CND/Triforce. But he doesn't call out the 13 yr old kid that is trolling Nick. And once again, if u pay attention to Etika, he suspects what he's saying is messed up, but just goes along w his story cause Triforce agrees w it.

Seems like there's a heavy dose of pettiness on both sides. It's good that CND had the sense to keep out of it, but the fact that Triforce keeps throwing his name out as a co-sign isn't a great look.

I can understand why Triforce needs the camera equipment and computer to jump start his youtube career, but maybe he should have put the $1,000 from the first gofundme towards paying off his debt instead of buying the Switch, Master Edition Zelda and accessories as a compromise. If someone owed me $1,000 and I saw them blowing that kind of money on video games I'd be kind of irked too. Not defending Princeton either because he seems to have his share of issues as well.

Kind of an embarrassing situation for everyone involved and I wonder why Triforce thought it was a good idea to go public with it in the first place.

Defect

I still don't understand how Triforce/CND thought it was a good idea to keep the money for those extra 3ds that were given to him.

That should've been used to pay back Princeton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom